Official USMB Bible Poll

Is the Holy Bible fact or fiction?

• Fact

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Fiction

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
No, but a bunch of science fiction stories DID become Scientology.

You know, I've always wondered about people who put their faith in a religion that puts as it goal becoming a "clear" (their version of psycological/spiritual health) but that has as its creator a science fiction writer who committed suicide. :doubt:

But what do I know?

Interesting thing in the Torah refers to that by the way. When we were first created, we were actually beings of light, and our skin was translucent.

Nope.....Scientology and Kabbalah as the Hollyweird crowd does it is nothing more than mixed up, bright glowing LIES.

Interesting thing in the Torah refers to that by the way. When we were first created, we were actually beings of light, and our skin was translucent.

Nope.....Scientology and Kabbalah as the Hollyweird crowd does it is nothing more than mixed up, bright glowing LIES.

You can't talk to my rabbi about the kabbalah center... it's the only time I ever hear him sound annoyed.

And this is how man was made in G-d's image:

yhvh2.jpg

http://altreligion.about.com/library/glossary/symbols/bldefskadmon.htm

well, ultimately, Tolkien.. with a little Jack Vance, various mythology and wargaming sprinkled in. I'd hardly say that the bible is the source of rpg gaming.

We used it sometimes, but then we were raised as christians (by xtians) so it was one of our source materials. Great 'doomsday' myths are often based on it, a lot of them humorous but if you tweak the psalms a bit you can make it fit almost anything ... well, that's why they were written the way they were.

MOST of what the Christians believe in the Bible is made up.

The Rapture is one of them. It's an 1800's invention by the way. Seems they got ahold of some stuff from the Torah when it refers to evil being blinked out, which they (in their own little deluded way), sold to others as the Rapture myth of telling people they were going to meet Jesus and God in the sky.

Nope....not gonna happen like that. Sorry.

MOST of what the Christians believe in the Bible is made up.

The Rapture is one of them. It's an 1800's invention by the way. Seems they got ahold of some stuff from the Torah when it refers to evil being blinked out, which they (in their own little deluded way), sold to others as the Rapture myth of telling people they were going to meet Jesus and God in the sky.

Nope....not gonna happen like that. Sorry.

Never used that stuff, that was just toooooooo far out there for even fantasy stories.

By the way dear, that particular little thing brings to mind the fact that "In the Beginning, there was the Word, and the Word was God", which is to say, that a word is a bunch of letters strung together. Also, there is the part about "And God said Let There Be Light, and there was", which kinda means that He shouted the Universe into existence.

Kinda like the Big Bang actually......hmm......

And letters incidentally, are representations of sound........

By the way dear, that particular little thing brings to mind the fact that "In the Beginning, there was the Word, and the Word was God", which is to say, that a word is a bunch of letters strung together. Also, there is the part about "And God said Let There Be Light, and there was", which kinda means that He shouted the Universe into existence.

Kinda like the Big Bang actually......hmm......

And letters incidentally, are representations of sound........

Sound, light. Ultimately, it's all the just energy and molecules. I don't think there's a big difference between Stephen Hawkings' take on the big bang in A Brief History of Time and the description of creation in Genesis. I also don't think time is linear and I'm not sure that isn't where philosophies that believe in reincarnation originate.

Sound, light. Ultimately, it's all the just energy and molecules. I don't think there's a big difference between Stephen Hawkings' take on the big bang in A Brief History of Time and the description of creation in Genesis. I also don't think time is linear and I'm not sure that isn't where philosophies that believe in reincarnation originate.

To take that further ....

Molecules are atoms ... atoms from what we have seen thus far are vibrations ... vibrations are energy. Thus ultimately this whole existence could just be different forms of energy with no real matter.

We used it sometimes, but then we were raised as christians (by xtians) so it was one of our source materials. Great 'doomsday' myths are often based on it, a lot of them humorous but if you tweak the psalms a bit you can make it fit almost anything ... well, that's why they were written the way they were.

You used to play?

You used to play?

*nodnod* I still play ... sort of. Opening a Carella's Witchcraft chat VERY soon, within 10 days as long as all goes well, like how White Wolf has theirs set up but run more like LG was. The first game I tried was Call of Cthulhu, then Shadowrun, the D&D. I can't stand the new games at all and want to bring back the old school gaming.

To take that further ....

Molecules are atoms ... atoms from what we have seen thus far are vibrations ... vibrations are energy. Thus ultimately this whole existence could just be different forms of energy with no real matter.

That goes a little further than I'd like... a little too Nitsche-esque for me, I think. But what we studied was that, essentially, what we around us is the feminine manifestation of G-d on earth... a simplified version of the universe since that's what our minds can conceptualize.

Actually, some of the OT stories date can be matched to some from even older than 6,000 years. Many of the NT stories are bastardizations of stories from other countries, several came from Aztec myth, some from Incan, and a lot from Arabic and Egyptian. The bulk of the NT was Greek and Roman myth. But they were all changed. Anthropologists and Historians are still finding connections to other myths.

Related:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ-kvw1fYXs"]Sun of God[/ame]

Lol.

I wonder how those Aztec myths made it to Israel, Greece and Rome?

Were the Aztecs around 6000 years ago, even? Or at the time of Christ?
Why no, they weren't.

Aztec Civilization - Mahalo
Fast Facts:
Region: Mexico, Central America
Duration: 1428 - 1521
Capital: Tenochtitlan
Language: Nahutl
Population: ~20,000,000
Government: Autocracy
Aztecs also referred to as as "Mexica"

Nimrods.

You know something Jillian, MOST faiths and philosophies believe in reincarnation....

Christians - the belief you've got to be "born again".

Jews - definitely believe in reincarnation. There was a rabbi who could look at people and tell how many lives they'd lived before.

India - whole philosophy is based on it.

Tao - same thing with karma.

It's only the brainwashed ultra fanatics that tell you there is no such thing.

Lol.

I wonder how those Aztec myths made it to Israel, Greece and Rome?

Were the Aztecs around 6000 years ago, even? Or at the time of Christ?
Why no, they weren't.

Aztec Civilization - Mahalo
Fast Facts:
Region: Mexico, Central America
Duration: 1428 - 1521
Capital: Tenochtitlan
Language: Nahutl
Population: ~20,000,000
Government: Autocracy
Aztecs also referred to as as "Mexica"

Nimrods.

You are aware, that the Bible preceded the Aztecs, no?

I mean, given that on Monday we hit 5769 years.

Ijit...

Forum List

Back