[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

You will need something, probably pretty simple. It's relatively simple to crop and scale images with even basic programs.
I use one called Gimp. There is a free Windows version with about all the capabilities of Photoshop.

It can be a little bit intimidating at first, but with a little bit of trial and error, you should be able to scale and crop a photo after 15 or 20 minutes exploring the program. There are online manuals, help forums and tutorials available all for free.

Tonight I tried to post 2 pictures. I went and grabbed the Image address, came back and posted it, did a preview and it was great. Went back up to the internet to get another picture, and when I came back, my comment was there but my first picture was gone. So, I posted the second picture, came out great, went back up to retrieve the address for the first picture, came back to my thread, and again my comment was there, but my second picture was gone! What is going on? I know some people have posted more than one picture in one of their posts. I even saved the draft by using the button to the right of the left arrow (4th item from the last one on the menu above) but still could only have one picture.

What is the proper procedure to use when you are posting and go up to the internet to grab an article or picture? When I come back my comment is gone, but if I hit "show the previous page arrow on my computer menu line" and go down to where one posts, I then have to click on more options and then my comments appear. Why do they disappear when I come back and I have to go looking for them? Also, they then appear sometimes when I'm responding to someone else???:dunno::crybaby:

I must be doing it wrong?

cereal_killer
When you hot link images there's a risk of them being 'disabled'. Some people don't allow their images to be hot linked and that's probably what happened in your case.

I sometimes have trouble trying to upload a pix when it is in response to another poster who has a pix but I somehow suspect that might have some weirdness related to adblock at issue.

The problem I am experiencing happens some times and not other times....I think I have to just remember the sequence. When I grab a link from the internet to later get the article, after I post the link, I must "preview".....then I can click on the link to take me to the article, grab the para I want and just click on "show the previous page" to get back to my unposted post. If I don't "preview" and go to the internet via google, I lose some of what I have posted. Everything that hasn't been previewed seems to disappear. I think it is a matter of sequence. However on the picture thing, I still haven't figured it out, because I was making sure that I "previewed" before going back to the internet....???

I have no idea what's causing it.

When I go to a new thread or open Watched Threads or New Posts, the site jumps up and down like a see saw. I have to wait several seconds before I can click where I want.

Makes no difference whether I have AdBlock enabled or not.

OK, this is aggravating, and it happens all the time:

526yxfo.png

I understand it when there are multiple posts - 20, 30 - that are hidden, but ONE POST? Makes no sense. Can cereal_killer or another mod adjust the settings so that it only happens with x-number of posts?

When I go to a new thread or open Watched Threads or New Posts, the site jumps up and down like a see saw. I have to wait several seconds before I can click where I want.

You're doing it wrong!

Mine does the same thing. The site is bogged down. Every page I go to churns for at least a minute before I can even scroll through the posts. They know it, that's why we don't see admin here talking about it very often.

Forum List

Back