[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

You know what? I don't care about any of the quirks in this new software when compared to the indispensable, much-improved ignore list.

It's like Stephanie, Lumpy, Uncensored, et al aren't even posting here. I love it. I'll put up with the ghosts in the machine for that.

If you have any questions or notice any bugs please post them up in here. We're here to help!
Hello :)

I just signed up here, obviously, and I'm experiencing an incredible amount of lag. I know for absolute certainty that it is not my end, as I belong to a handful of forums and experience nothing close to the lag here. Sentences typed can take up to 10 seconds to appear on the page, and pages frequently go unresponsive.

Is server maintenance still underway?

When you hot link images there's a risk of them being 'disabled'. Some people don't allow their images to be hot linked and that's probably what happened in your case.

I noticed that when I activate AdBlock on my Opera browser, it blocks ALL images![/QUOTE]
I know of another who is having the same problem with IE. I'll Mention her, to read this. Thanks. :thup:

I just signed up here, obviously, and I'm experiencing an incredible amount of lag. I know for absolute certainty that it is not my end, as I belong to a handful of forums and experience nothing close to the lag here. Sentences typed can take up to 10 seconds to appear on the page, and pages frequently go unresponsive.

Maintenance happens around 3AM. Reboot your machine. That lag can be caused by something running in the background

Is my access to the site being restricted down or something?

For the last couple of days my USMB page has been not loading fully or correctly?

Thanks
Nope, you're good to go Sunni. No restrictions

If you have any questions or notice any bugs please post them up in here. We're here to help!

I'm seeing nothing like what you are describing. Page loads are very slow at times and when I try to see my alerts, it will time out frequently. Posting replies times out about 25% of the time as well.

IMHO, this software is far inferior to what we had. If I owned the place, I'd be looking to get my money back and returning to V Bulletin.

The one thing I like is the ignore feature. I haven't heard a word from Mr. Smarmy in months.

I would, however, trade that for software that works.

Note to Pezz.
When I have keyboard lag, it generally means some process on my machine is hogging all of my ram and I'm using swap memory.
Running Linux gives me the advantage of opening a utility called "top" that lets me see what is using CPU and memory. I can then kill the offending processes.

Hmmm for some reason, I can't upload a 107 kb .png screen shot. What's up with that?

Now it loads in an empty reply box: cereal_killer
snapshot8.png

I'm seeing nothing like what you are describing. Page loads are very slow at times and when I try to see my alerts, it will time out frequently. Posting replies times out about 25% of the time as well.

IMHO, this software is far inferior to what we had. If I owned the place, I'd be looking to get my money back and returning to V Bulletin.

The one thing I like is the ignore feature. I haven't heard a word from Mr. Smarmy in months.

You're set up is fucked Ernie. It's not the software's fault. You're trying to be all tech savy and fucking everything up in the process. You're on your own here

Note to Pezz.
When I have keyboard lag, it generally means some process on my machine is hogging all of my ram and I'm using swap memory.
Running Linux gives me the advantage of opening a utility called "top" that lets me see what is using CPU and memory. I can then kill the offending processes.

Hmmm for some reason, I can't upload a 107 kb .png screen shot. What's up with that?
Thank you for the suggestion, but I know less than nothing about programming or Linux. That being said, I've discovered the problem is being caused by McAfee, which for some reason goes bonkers while I'm on this site but doesn't while on other sites, as does AdBlockPluse. So I guess it's time to dump the trial McAfee that came with the computer and grab AVG.

You're set up is fucked Ernie. It's not the software's fault. You're trying to be all tech savy and fucking everything up in the process. You're on your own here
Keep telling yourself that.

I only reported my experience. I have no idea what others are seeing.

On an unrelated note I've just discovered Dark Mode for Tapatalk and OMG where has this been all my life? LOL

Keep telling yourself that.

I only reported my experience. I have no idea what others are seeing.
No, I will keep telling YOU that. In your delusional paranoid quest for privacy you're messing with settings that will effect your surfing/posting experience. Who knows what kind of custom screwed up set up your running over there. All I know is that if your having slow load times and timeouts your system is fucked.

Xenforo doesn't release unstable, buggy software...ever. With the exception of their betas their official releases are perfect. They go through extensive internal testing first and then release a public beta (license holders can download and install it). Bugs are reported from actual forum owners/members throughout the coming weeks, they fix the bugs, make available another beta w/ those fixes and that process goes on until ALL the bugs are squashed. Once it's completely bug free with zero issues they release a stable official version. These guys are the best in the business, are in constant contact with their end-users, and won't sign off on an official release until its perfect. Don't take my word for it though, go look around their forums and see the machine in action.

As a side note we don't update the forums using the betas (for obvious reasons), we will only update and install the official releases.

I am not messing with any settings. The only possible extension I am using that may effect my page load times is Bluhell Firewall 2.4.0. This is a different machine with a different operating system than the one I was using when we were having all the script issues.

I will disable it for the day and see if that affects load times and time outs.

I'm honestly trying be of assistance here, and trying to keep personal conflict out of it, but that is very difficult while being called an idiot and delusional.

Let's try to get beyond the obvious distaste we have for each other and do what's good for USMB and its membership.

I will disable Bluhell for the day and let you know what I see.

Disabling Bluhell was a dismal failure. Page loads were much slower. Some were only around 2 seconds but one was hung trying to load a script from engine.adzerk.net
At roughly 60 seconds I re-enabled Bluhell and refreshed the page.
It loaded in a second or less.

I suppose I could boot to windows and check load times, but frankly, I don't see the point in cooperating with ........

I really don't know how to scale a photo down to use as my avatar. Everything I choose is bigger than 50k somehow. Can anyone give me some helpful hints?

Forum List

Back