O'Donnell questions separation of church, state

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a little reading for the right.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ."

Duh no shit Sherlock, everyone knows the government cannot makes laws respecting an establishmnet of religion, but where does it state that churches cannot be involved in politics?

Here's a hint.... IT DOESN'T!!

O'Donnell questions separation of church, state - Politics - Decision 2010 - msnbc.com

"Where in the Constitution is the separation of church and state?" O'Donnell asked him.

When Coons responded that the First Amendment bars Congress from making laws respecting the establishment of religion, O'Donnell asked: "You're telling me that's in the First Amendment?"

Her comments, in a debate aired on radio station WDEL, generated a buzz in the audience.

I thought these Tea Party candidates were all about Constitutionalism? WTF???:eek:

Another great reason this person should get no where near congress.

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ."

Duh no shit Sherlock, everyone knows the government cannot makes laws respecting an establishmnet of religion, but where does it state that churches cannot be involved in politics?

And they are..

But what shouldn't happen is that Congress shall makes laws respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..

Reason #4,228 that right wing loons shouldn't be elected to office.

People like O'Donnel make me wonder if sharia law could be mandated in the US.

:eusa_whistle:

Which has WHAT to do with the question flubbed by O'Donnell, again?

Remember some months ago when I was arguing that the MAIN reason that America came into existence was because of RELIGION. You know, the pilgrims leaving Britain due to religious prosecution and NOT to open up business aka COMMERCE??

Remember the RW response to that then?

OK...watch how they respond now in this thread.

These guys never cease to amaze me and crack me up.

LOL!!!!
49izadw.gif

Just more evidence that the Tea Party is the same old right wing of the Republican party, regurgitating the same old rightwing talking points and pushing the same old rightwing agenda we've endured for decades.

I don't know.....I am actually tempted to believe that these Tea Party candidates such as Angle and O'Donnell are actually DUMBER than Dubya......which is quite a feat!:clap2:

I think they are a group that simply wants politicians to do what they say they're going to do. On the 'right' that is actually making real steps toward smaller central government and a stricter adherence to the constiution.

Unfortunately it also seems to encompass many of the 'values' of the relgious right. Anti-homosexuality, life begins at conception, christian based legislation. It's this legislating morality where I part ways with the tea partiers and conservatives. They are positions that objectively speaking make no sense and I don't see helping the Republicans expand there control over congress.

Just more evidence that the Tea Party is the same old right wing of the Republican party, regurgitating the same old rightwing talking points and pushing the same old rightwing agenda we've endured for decades.

I don't know.....I am actually tempted to believe that these Tea Party candidates such as Angle and O'Donnell are actually DUMBER than Dubya......which is quite a feat!:clap2:

I think they are a group that simply wants politicians to do what they say they're going to do. On the 'right' that is actually making real steps toward smaller central government and a stricter adherence to the constiution.

Unfortunately it also seems to encompass many of the 'values' of the relgious right. Anti-homosexuality, life begins at conception, christian based legislation. It's this legislating morality where I part ways with the tea partiers and conservatives. They are positions that objectively speaking make no sense and I don't see helping the Republicans expand there control over congress.

REALLY? Please show me where the GOP has attempted to make for a smaller central government and/or stricter adherance to the Constitution? Bush doubled the deficit in his 8 years in office, plus gave out a sweetheart deal to big Pharma also know as MediCare Part D. Where is Medicare Part D in the Constitution?

Forum List

Back