OC High School Student Ordered To Remove NRA T-Shirt Because It Promotes Gun Violence

The girl was asked to change the shirt because it had a gun on it, not because it supported the NRA. Obviously the school system has a rule about shirts that depict guns. I can see why they have this rule as some could be considered threatening by other students and might lead to fights, violence, etc.

This one didn't IMO, but it is a zero tolerance policy they apply to all students equally. If they allow the NRA tshirt with a gun then you have students pressing the interpretation and limits of the rule with other ones. For example,this one could be argued that it just exhibits the students favorite movie.

clint-eastwood-make-my-day-1.jpg

Then you get "Boyz in the Hood" tshirts and it devolves from there.

P.S. I personally wouldn't have had a problem with her shirt, but of course if an exception were to be made for her, everyone else would have then wanted the same type of treatment when the rule against the gun clothing is a rule for an important reason.
Why should there be a rule against having a pic of a gun on your shirt? You don't understand the issue.
You are asking the wrong person because I am not the one who made the rule in the first place.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. If it were up to me, it would depend on the meaning of the picture.

Forum List

Back