OC High School Student Ordered To Remove NRA T-Shirt Because It Promotes Gun Violence

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
More killing is done with cars than guns. Does the school ban car t-shirts?

OC High School Student Ordered To Remove NRA T-Shirt Because It Promotes Gun Violence « CBS Los Angeles

October 2, 2013 11:19 PM

ANAHEIM HILLS (CBSLA.com) — A student at a high school in Anaheim Hills said administrators ordered her to change out of a T-shirt that promoted the National Rifle Association.

Sophomore Haley Bullwinkle said when she wore her NRA shirt to Canyon High School last month, she landed in the principal’s office for violating the school’s dress code that forbids offensive, violent or divisive clothing.

Bullwinkle’s father said he emailed the school’s principal to find out why his daughter had to change her shirt.

Principal Kimberly Fricker responded in an email, which said, in part, “The shirt had a gun on it, which is not allowed by school police. It’s protocol to have students change when they’re in violation of the dress code.”

More killing is done with cars than guns. Does the school ban car t-shirts?

OC High School Student Ordered To Remove NRA T-Shirt Because It Promotes Gun Violence « CBS Los Angeles

October 2, 2013 11:19 PM

ANAHEIM HILLS (CBSLA.com) — A student at a high school in Anaheim Hills said administrators ordered her to change out of a T-shirt that promoted the National Rifle Association.

Sophomore Haley Bullwinkle said when she wore her NRA shirt to Canyon High School last month, she landed in the principal’s office for violating the school’s dress code that forbids offensive, violent or divisive clothing.

Bullwinkle’s father said he emailed the school’s principal to find out why his daughter had to change her shirt.

Principal Kimberly Fricker responded in an email, which said, in part, “The shirt had a gun on it, which is not allowed by school police. It’s protocol to have students change when they’re in violation of the dress code.”

When we get dress code info letters from school...they have always forbidden shirts, etc. that portray guns...along with knives, gang symbols, alcohol or drugs. But I guess the alcohol and drug pushers don't have the powerful lobby that the gun pushers do.

• Banned
[

When we get dress code info letters from school...they have always forbidden shirts, etc. that portray guns...along with knives, gang symbols, alcohol or drugs. But I guess the alcohol and drug pushers don't have the powerful lobby that the gun pushers do.

But car t-shirts are ok, right? Using cars to kill people is acceptable to you liberals.!!!

I'm surprised schools would even allow to wear an American flag on a t-shirt. Wouldn't want to offend any brown people.

[

But car t-shirts are ok, right? Using cars to kill people is acceptable to you liberals.!!!

Poor analogy.

To me, the girl shouldn't be surprised...even if the meaning of her shirt is a legitimate one.

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I personally wouldn't have had a problem with her shirt, but of course if an exception were to be made for her, everyone else would have then wanted the same type of treatment when the rule against the gun clothing is a rule for an important reason.

P.S. I personally wouldn't have had a problem with her shirt, but of course if an exception were to be made for her, everyone else would have then wanted the same type of treatment when the rule against the gun clothing is a rule for an important reason.

Why should there be a rule against having a pic of a gun on your shirt? You don't understand the issue.

I see the liberal mods altered the thread title . This is BS. As i recall the original title blamed this shirt ban on liberals and of course that's true.

USMB is turning into DU.

That's because you're a stupid brainwashed moron who thinks vehicular homicide doesn't count since YOU do it.
Hah you couldn't even last one page of your own thread without going off the sanity rails.

Gotcha, that poster who questioned your analogy clearly intentionally kills people with his car all the time, hence his motivation for posting.

NRA t shirts banned, students violently assaulted by faculty for wearing Romney T Shirts.

Yup.

Deffo no liberal bias in schools.

I say make everyone wear school uniforms. Simple shit.

I completely agree. The New Haven Public schools system does just that and it works. It's also better for parents because the type of clothes used as uniforms can be cheaply bought at walmart. My daughters uniform is white or navy blue oxford shirts and navy blue or kaki pants. No hoodies allowed,if they are cold they can wear a sweater or sweatshirt. It levels the playing field for kids who's parents can't afford pricey cloths and takes the guesswork out of whats appropriate. If the kids want to express themselves then let them express themselves with thier school work or on thier own time at home.

I completely agree. The New Haven Public schools system does just that and it works. It's also better for parents because the type of clothes used as uniforms can be cheaply bought at walmart. My daughters uniform is white or navy blue oxford shirts and navy blue or kaki pants. No hoodies allowed,if they are cold they can wear a sweater or sweatshirt. It levels the playing field for kids who's parents can't afford pricey cloths and takes the guesswork out of whats appropriate. If the kids want to express themselves then let them express themselves with thier school work or on thier own time at home.

Are the shoes also regulated or are black welfare queens still allowed to dress their kids in $300 sneakers.?

Are the shoes also regulated or are black welfare queens still allowed to dress their kids in $300 sneakers.?
Be racist to deny them that basic human right.

Forum List

Back