Obamas speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Claudette, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784
    Anyone see or hear it??

He's pushing his raise the taxes on the rich message once again.

He's asking all Americans to e-mail thier Congress critter to vote for his tax the rich ploy.

Of course he doesn't tell anyone that it won't mean a thing. You could take every dime they have and it won't stimulate jack.

It will however give the govt more money to waste.

The usual bs from that fuck in the WH.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,767
    How could it not mean a thing when it has been the main thing republicans have fought tooth and nail since 2008 claiming that such a move would harm job creation and all sorts of apocalyptic warnings? If nothing else it is a clear message that the country cannot be ran solely for their benefit any longer, we have terrible problems that have been disregarded for thirty years in our rush to coddle the job creators into actually creating some damned jobs, it's put up or shut up time, finally create some good jobs here or pay up.

3. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    He asked the public to contact their representatives. So I did, and asked him to oppose obama every step of the way. I also went to John Boehner's website and told him the same thing.

It's like people can't even grasp the concept that higher taxes for business people will be passed on to them. They don't understand it.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Deregulated User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +380
    That's just the thing. "Pay up." For what? To make a miniscule dent in the current deficit, thus doing absolutely nothing to address the debt?

The only reason Obama wants to raise taxes on the rich is because it distracts the easily distracted from the astronomical spending this bloated, unnecessarily big government engages in.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    Class warfare makes my ass want a dip o snuff.

6. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592

Funny. That's exactly the same line Sean Hannity was pushing on the radio yesterday. And, it's just as incorrect here as it was there.

Nobody is suggesting we take all the money wealthy people have. All anybody proposes is for them to pay more of their share of the cost of running this country. Only a fool would believe we can end our financial mess by spending cuts alone, so it therefore follows that SOMEBODY is gonna have to pay a little more.

How about you? Are YOU willing to pay a little more to let the wealthy off the hook?

7. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    Yes I am. I think that it's far more important that all people get some skin in the game. It is unfair to demand that one person HAS to carry another. Extend all the Bush tax cuts or repeal them ALL.

Are you willing to pay a little more to get the country back on track?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,767
    I suppose the legislative body with the so-called power of the purse has nothing to do with it? Watch as they now fight the biggest deficit reduction plan since the end of WWII for the sake of big military spending and continuing a tax cut program that cannot be demonstrated to have created a single job.

9. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    So what has Obama put on the table?

10. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592

Well....my income is such that I don't pay taxes, other than sales tax which does not go to the federal government. I live off VA disability and Social Security.

However, I would be more than willing to give up a portion of that until we're better situated....IF, as you say, everyone feels the pain. And, yes, that includes the wealthy too.

What the GOP wants is for everyone BUT the wealthy to contribute and I trust the Democrats will hold the line on that.