Obama's likabilty vs performance

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
People just like the guy.

Doesn't matter how terrible a president he is.

That's why he has a 75% chance of getting re-elected - unless there is a full-scale economic depression.

I don't get it. Seriously.

When I see pictures of him doing stuff with his daughters, and not talking, I'm capable of a warm feeling or two toward him.

But almost as soon as he opens his mouth .... warmth gone .....

I just don't get it. How could he still be considered so likeable?

Actually. First thing I'd like to see is the poll which says he is. I've heard a lot of allusions to how likeable he is, but I want to see the numbers and who asked and how they phrased it.

Last edited:
What is likable about him? Regardless of politics? Bush is likable. Clinton is likable. Don't see how Obama is likable.

Maybe people say tell pollsters that Obama is likable because they hear that everyone else thinks he is and so they either sort of convince themselves he is, or maybe they don't want to be honest about how they really feel about him.

Someone might call them racist for acknowledging that he's a weasel.

It's "safe" to say, "I like him personally but don't entirely approve of the job he is doing."

That shelters people from being judged harshly.

That's why he has a 75% chance of getting re-elected - unless there is a full-scale economic depression.

This won't hurt him much:

Possible Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich - The Dark Side

Adultery:

Callista Bisek. Anne Manning. The unnamed "young volunteer". Are we missing anyone?

Draft dodger

Dead-Beat Dad

Family Values? Pressing Wife for Divorce in the Hospital

House Banking Scandal: Newt Bounced 22 Checks

Book Deals: Murdoch's $4.5 Million wasn't the first

GOPAC sleaze: Taxpayer subsidies for his partisan campaign course.

Corporate reward: $2,500/month to Newt's wife

Who Owns Him?

Sources:

Quotes:

I just don't get the need of his for
adoration.He is constantly in front of the camera
in front of his "fans"...the constant need for attention.
The appearances on talk shows and interviews on 60 mins.
The constant demand of the lefties on the site that want the
right leaning folks to heap praise on him.Then call us racists
when we don't lavish praise on this President.

In my lifetime - LBJ was the most dislikable president as a human being.

Pulled Beagles ears.

Meanwhile, the war has ended.

The Bush administration's ignorant and belligerent style of "diplomacy" was concerning/irritating to the rest of the world.
Obama has a lot of work to do to restore the US's standing and he has shown that he is genuinely concerned with doing so.
For that reason alone he still has a lot of respect from outside the US borders.

Admittedly the rest of the world doesn't vote for him...but I offer this as a perspective from the other side of the world.
I suspect that most Americans really don't know how destructive the Bush administration was to foreign relations.

The Bush administration's ignorant and belligerent style of "diplomacy" was concerning/irritating to the rest of the world.
Obama has a lot of work to do to restore the US's standing and he has shown that he is genuinely concerned with doing so.
For that reason alone he still has a lot of respect from outside the US borders.

Admittedly the rest of the world doesn't vote for him...but I offer this as a perspective from the other side of the world.
I suspect that most Americans really don't know how destructive the Bush administration was to foreign relations.

What? Bush didn't go around bowing and apologizing for us... is that what has you all upset?

What? Bush didn't go around bowing and apologizing for us... is that what has you all upset?

Bowing? No.

Kissing?

Yes. And kissing men.

Meanwhile, the war has ended.

Really? You know where many of the troops who have been withdrawn from Iraq are now? I know, Obama kept his promise and pulled them out of Iraq by the end of the year, but most of them have been moved into Afghanistan. Nice, huh? Oh, but there's no war there.

Bowing? No.

Kissing?

Yes. And kissing men.

Um ... I didn't know this. Video please.

Bowing? No.

Kissing?

Yes. And kissing men.

That's supposed to be all OK now, isn't it?

Forum List

Back