Obama's likabilty vs performance

the problem is we are going to have a bigger one to fight in the future because this idiot has enabled the Islamists all over the region by throwing out allies under the bus.

That is one of the most stupid political statements I've heard during my lifetime.....'course I'm just 77.

George Bush's family and the Bin Ladens were close through conncections with big oil. When 9-11 occurred all flights were grounded and the Bushes made arrangements for some of the Bin Ladens to fly out of the country anyway. In the mountains at Toro Boro our special forces had Osama Bin Laden cornered with no way out. Guess what George W. Bush did...........pulled them away. The last three years of Bush's second term he answered the press' inquiries about Bin Laden with, "I Don't Worry About Him Much" or "I Don't Care"
Actually, anyone who makes a statement like 'We had him cornered in Toro Boro" just shows his military ignorance. Fact is, we didn't have much of a footprint in Afghanistan in December 2001, and we had to rely on people who weren't reliable for help.

Fact is, Bin Laden himself became completely irrelevent under Bush.

Why do liberals spend so much time worrying about what people in other countries think? If you base your happiness on what other people think, you will always be unhappy.

Except that Saddam killed up to a million of his own people and a half million more died because of the "Peaceful" sactions imposed on him. Most of those Iraqis were "innocent", too.

I do think a lot of how the war was conducted was flawed. Bush should have instituted a draft and built up an army large enough to do the job, and raised the taxes to do it. People would have understood. We tried to do it on the cheap, and it cost us more.

But the overall result was good. Saddam is gone.

Did you know that the first time Barack Obama got the chance he ordered our special forces to kill Osama Bin Laden and dump his radical ass into the ocean

Again, so what? Before he was killed, when was the last time Bin Laden was even in the News. Man hadn't even released an audiotape since 2005. Killing him was almost anti-climatic. It was like dragging some geriatric Nazi out of South America.

Bin Laden was a symptom. The disease, which is the radicalization of Islam, has been made worse under Obama. Islamists now control Egypt, once our most important ally over there after Israel, and they are driving out the Coptic Christians. Libya is now flying the Al Qaeda flag. Pakistan is allying itself with China and the Iranians are getting bolder. Karzai is trying to cut a deal with the Taliban because he can't rely on us to be there much longer.

Obama killed one guy. Our overall position in the region is much weaker.

Do you reali e that George W. Bush was a friend of the Bin Ladens and proved it repeatedly

Do you reali e that Bush stood on top of a pile of wreckage at the WTC and declared he would bring Bin Laden in Texas Style, "Dead Or Alive"

Do you reali e that he went 180 degrees away from that frame of mind with his actions

Do you reali e that Bin Laden graduated from college with a degree in civil engineering

Do you reali e that Bin Laden tried to destroy the WTC in 1993 and damn near did

It couldn't be more obvious that Bush cut him an enormous amount of slack if it were the nose on your face

I don't care how likeable he is.

He sucks as POTUS.

He'll kick the ass of any of those clowns you guys are planning to nominate. All we have to do is get the public to the polls.....the rest is academic.

Wanna' bet $10,000............er......$10

I don't care how likeable he is.

He sucks as POTUS.

He'll kick the ass of any of those clowns you guys are planning to nominate. All we have to do is get the public to the polls.....the rest is academic.

Wanna' bet $10,000............er......$10

LOL No. I'm not a betting person. I keep my money close to home.

Seriously. I think Barry has a tough row to hoe in 2012 my friend.

I don't think he will kick anyones ass and just might get his kicked.

Do you reali e that George W. Bush was a friend of the Bin Ladens and proved it repeatedly

Do you reali e that Bush stood on top of a pile of wreckage at the WTC and declared he would bring Bin Laden in Texas Style, "Dead Or Alive"

Do you reali e that he went 180 degrees away from that frame of mind with his actions

Do you reali e that Bin Laden graduated from college with a degree in civil engineering

Do you reali e that Bin Laden tried to destroy the WTC in 1993 and damn near did

It couldn't be more obvious that Bush cut him an enormous amount of slack if it were the nose on your face

Do you realize that if you are so welfare that your computer doesn't have a "Z" key, you really aren't worth talking to.

Get off the internet and get a job, you useless tool.

People just like the guy.

Doesn't matter how terrible a president he is.

That's why he has a 75% chance of getting re-elected - unless there is a full-scale economic depression.
True. The same can be said for Reagan. People just liked him. When I was much younger, I voted for the guy who said things I wanted to hear. If he sounded good and look good, I voted for him. I suspect many voters do the same thing today. I probably know about 100 people fairly well. Of those, I doubt if more than 10 are really interested in politics.

That's why he has a 75% chance of getting re-elected - unless there is a full-scale economic depression.
True. The same can be said for Reagan. People just liked him. When I was much younger, I voted for the guy who said things I wanted to hear. If he sounded good and look good, I voted for him. I suspect many voters do the same thing today. I probably know about 100 people fairly well. Of those, I doubt if more than 10 are really interested in politics.

Except that Reagan had a resumee and creds.

President of the Screen Actors Guild.

Two term slam-dunk succesfull governor of the state of California.

To mention Obama in the same sentence as Reagan (voted by readers of Time Mag as the Greatest American of the 20th Century) is :lol:

To mention Obama in the same sentence as Reagan (voted by readers of Time Mag as the Greatest American of the 20th Century) is :lol:

Hilarious. In his last year as governor, he raised taxes. I mean he REALLY raised taxes. He left office with a balanced budget. But the next year, Proposition 6 was passed and the money was returned to people of California. Republicans will use anyone.

People did not vote for Reagan because he was a governor or president of the screen actors guild. They voted for him because he had a winning personality and was great communicator. People liked him. He was the good guy, the war hero, the cowboy, and the president. He was the Gipper.

Last edited:
Obama's adoring fanboys just love to talk about "polls" that mean nothing. :cuckoo:

Sorry Obama sycophants but Barack Obama is a shit stain of a president. He has an approval rating that is in the low 40's. If he is still sitting in the low 40's come Nov 2012, he's gone- even if he's "personally likeable".....

Forum List

Back