Obama's girlfriend was a "composite"... WTF?

It's striking how little we know about his life, highly unusual for a president, but not surprising given the way the media has protected him. I'm sure if we had known the whole truth about Obama he would have never gotten elected.

Yep and the same for Bush.
Drug use?
Details about his guard service.
Past girl friends, Skull and Bones details, How he got in the guard past the waiting line, etc.

Oh, scoff. Nobody cares anymore! He is soooo a lifetime ago.

From ' Dreams from My Father'

"One night I took her to see a new play by a black playwright. It was a very angry play, but very funny. Typical black American humor. The audience was mostly black, and everybody was laughing and clapping and hollering like they were in church. After the play was over, my friend started talking about why black people were so angry all the time. I said it was a matter of remembering—nobody asks why Jews remember the Holocaust, I think I said—and she said that’s different, and I said it wasn’t, and she said that anger was just a dead end. We had a big fight, right in front of the theater. When we got back to the car she started crying. She couldn’t be black, she said. She would if she could, but she couldn’t. She could only be herself, and wasn’t that enough."

Obama:
“That was not her,” he said. “That was an example of compression I was very sensitive in my book not to write about my girlfriends, partly out of respect for them. So that was a consideration. I thought that [the anecdote involving the reaction of a white girlfriend to the angry black play] was a useful theme to make about sort of the interactions that I had in the relationships with white girlfriends. And so, that occupies, what, two paragraphs in the book? My attitude was it would be dishonest for me not to touch on that at all … so that was an example of sort of editorially how do I figure that out?”"

Jeez... is there anything about this man that is "real"?
Apparently his "Auto" biography is only "Inspired by" his own life and only based on possible actual events.

Oh well. Goes with pretty much everything we do know about this man being nothing more than slogans, smoke and mirrors with no substance.

A fictionalized 'autobiography.'

and he's putting those talents to work:

'Julia' Becomes Vehicle for Obama's Messaging - NYTimes.com

May 3, 2012, 3:09 pm
‘Julia’ Becomes Vehicle for Obama’s Messaging
By MICHAEL D. SHEAR

Nearly 20 years ago, a multimillion-dollar ad campaign created a fictional couple — “Harry and Louise” — to dramatize the dangers of President Bill Clinton’s health care reforms.

Now, President Obama is trying to use the same Madison Avenue-style technique to demonstrate how his policies would be better for women than would Mitt Romney’s.

Mr. Obama’s campaign has invented “Julia,” a fictional woman whose life is chronicled in a slick infographic published on the campaign’s Web site on Thursday. Visitors to the site can watch as Julia grows up, receiving benefits from the president’s policies along the way.

At age 3, Julia is enrolled in Head Start programs, thanks to Mr. Obama. By 22, she’s covered by her parents’ health care because of Mr. Obama’s health reforms. At 42, she’s getting a small-business loan from the government. When she reaches 67, she’s retired and drawing Social Security benefits.

But if the campaign hoped to put a personal face on the president’s accomplishments, it has also managed to provoke a fury among conservatives, who took to Twitter to mock Julia and to condemn the implication that the fictional young woman should be dependent on government policies throughout her life.

Within moments of being posted online, the #Julia hashtag began trending on Twitter. The bulk of the comments came from people who expressed outrage the depiction of Julia’s life, like the conservative pundit Michelle Malkin:

Michelle Malkin

@michellemalkin

Hi @BarackObama. I will read Life of #Julia to my kids to show them how NOT to live their lives -- tethered to Nanny State.
3 May 12

One person posted:

TipOfTheSpear @CHOWSTL

While in college, #Julia cannot drive her Volt b/c BHO has eliminated all coal fired electrical plants.
3 May 12

Shelli Roberts @WVShelli

Under President Romney 3yr old #Julia can afford to choose to stay home with her mommy because her daddy has a good job.
3 May 12​

The graphic — titled “The Life of Julia” — includes criticism of Mr. Romney’s positions. At each stage of life, the slide show suggests that Julia would be worse off if Mr. Romney were in charge.

“Under the Romney/Ryan budget, interest rates on federal student loans would be allowed to double, affecting Julia and 7.4 million other students,” the graphic says when Julia turns 25.

Mr. Obama’s advisers are clearly hoping that the idea of Julia will capture the public’s imagination the way the Harry and Louise ads did two decades ago. The story of the fictional couple worrying about their health care helped crystallize opposition to Mr. Clinton’s proposals.

Kara Carscaden, a spokeswoman for Mr. Obama, said “Julia” shows women “the clear contrast between the President’s and Mitt Romney’s visions.” She said the graphic will help voters understand those differences.

“This week, Mitt Romney said that when people ask him what he’ll do for the economy, he would ‘look at what the President’s done, and do the opposite,’ ” Ms. Carscaden said. “Now, voters can see exactly what Romney means and the impact that would have on women.”

It’s not clear that Mr. Obama’s effort will have as much effect. In 1993 and 1994, the health insurance group that broadcast the Harry and Louise ads spent millions of dollars to run them on television. So far, Julia lives only on an Internet page.

And Julia could backfire on Mr. Obama if voters get the impression that the president has to invent characters who are benefiting from his policies because he can’t find real people to portray the situation.

A spokeswoman for Mr. Romney assailed the Julia graphic as evidence that Mr. Obama’s policies had failed women.

“Each night, too many women go to sleep wondering if they can pay the mortgage, if they can afford to put food on the table, and if their children will have a job after graduating from college,” said Amanda Henneberg, the spokeswoman. “They deserve a president who will focus on getting America back on track.”

Mr. Obama’s supporters on Twitter praised the idea, calling it a creative way to explain the impact of the policy debate in Washington.

But those posts on Twitter were largely overwhelmed by the sarcastic ones from Mr. Obama’s critics:

I love how many on the right think that becuase we don't go around yelling that Obma is set out to destroy america that we worship the guy.

Sheesh those with limited this or that thought processes gripe my ass.
It is a wonder with brains like that we ever got down out of the trees.
Tree good ground bad.

It's striking how little we know about his life, highly unusual for a president, but not surprising given the way the media has protected him. I'm sure if we had known the whole truth about Obama he would have never gotten elected.

Yep and the same for Bush.
Drug use?
Details about his guard service.
Past girl friends, Skull and Bones details, How he got in the guard past the waiting line, etc.

Oh, scoff. Nobody cares anymore! He is soooo a lifetime ago.

Perhaps so but could he have run again he would have won the nomination.

I love how many on the right think that becuase we don't go around yelling that Obma is set out to destroy america that we worship the guy.

Tree good ground bad.

About as many of us dissenters like being painted with the broad brush of racism, when our lives prove anything but.

Obama inherited everything from Bush, other than intel. Right.

Tree good ground bad.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVX-c07uefc&feature=related]Obama Voters - YouTube[/ame]

This is what tells us the left worships him.

Nonsense.

The media didnt tattle on FDRs polio. THAT was a BIG protection.

As far as knowing Obamas girlfriends? Really? Who was Ronald Reagans prom date?

Tree good ground bad.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVX-c07uefc&feature=related]Obama Voters - YouTube[/ame]

Theres crazy partisans on both sides. Stop painting with such a large brush. We need to pick sides on individual ISSUES, not party lines.

Tree good ground bad.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVX-c07uefc&feature=related"]Obama Voters - YouTube[/ame]

Theres crazy partisans on both sides. Stop painting with such a large brush. We need to pick sides on individual ISSUES, not party lines.
They can stop first. Then I will. I do it also because it DOES piss them off that these are their politcal allies. Unfortunately, not enough people understand issues and vote on pure emotionalism and 'what're you gonna give me'? selfishness.

Last edited:
Tim Stanley at The Telegraph wrote an interesting piece on this subject.

Why it matters that Obama dated a composite and ate a dog – Telegraph Blogs

He sums up his article with this:

Why didn’t we know all these details four years ago – even though some of them were published in a best-selling autobiography that was sold to us as if it was a fifth gospel? And yet we knew everything there was to know about Sarah Palin, despite the fact that she was in the race for a much shorter space of time than Obama – and only running for veep.

That’s the significance of the canine and composite revelations – both of them, aside from their delightful “dish” factors, not really revelations at all. That we are only discussing them this late into Obama’s career suggests that the vetting that should have happened four years ago was unforgivably neglected. But, hey, it’s never too late to start.

If you are honest with yourself, it's hard to disagree with his observations no matter where you fall politically.

:rolleyes:

The talking points back then were about the terrorist loving muslim that was going to take away your guns and impose sharia law. I guess the wingnuts realized those lies didn't work so they had to come up with some nonsense. It's really AMAZING that he hid this information right in his book!!! Diabolical!!!

Nonsense.

bull, they sure could dig up someones 20 year old divorce papers..

Nonsense.

IF the media knew...WE would know.

IDIOT.

You guys have such a hard on for Obama.

oh grow up..

Likewise for those who make silly threads like this. Like this thing is even related to what he is doing now. Just some people trying to dig up dirt from the irrelevant garden and trying to throw it on him. I'm not for Obama, but I'm not for Romney either (and I despise him more). But alot of us should grow up and discuss real politics.

From ' Dreams from My Father'

"One night I took her to see a new play by a black playwright. It was a very angry play, but very funny. Typical black American humor. The audience was mostly black, and everybody was laughing and clapping and hollering like they were in church. After the play was over, my friend started talking about why black people were so angry all the time. I said it was a matter of remembering—nobody asks why Jews remember the Holocaust, I think I said—and she said that’s different, and I said it wasn’t, and she said that anger was just a dead end. We had a big fight, right in front of the theater. When we got back to the car she started crying. She couldn’t be black, she said. She would if she could, but she couldn’t. She could only be herself, and wasn’t that enough."

Obama:
“That was not her,” he said. “That was an example of compression I was very sensitive in my book not to write about my girlfriends, partly out of respect for them. So that was a consideration. I thought that [the anecdote involving the reaction of a white girlfriend to the angry black play] was a useful theme to make about sort of the interactions that I had in the relationships with white girlfriends. And so, that occupies, what, two paragraphs in the book? My attitude was it would be dishonest for me not to touch on that at all … so that was an example of sort of editorially how do I figure that out?”"

Jeez... is there anything about this man that is "real"?

Obama is inventing things...and excusing LYING. This just further blosters my thinking that the man is hung on himself.
But what wannabe Dictator isn't? Hitler was...as was Moussilini.

Forum List

Back