Obamas Choose Elite Private School for Kids

I had a friend that was pregnant with her fifth child. She went to planned parenthood for help and left in tears. The only option they would even talk about was abortion. She tried to bring up adoption and it was turned back to abortion. She says she felt so pressed to say yes to an abortion. She's glad she finally walked out. BTW, she had her fifth child. Last I heard, he was doing fine.

IMO Planned Parenthood shouldn't be getting ANY public funds. Not when they behave like that.

I wish more women would be encouraged to think of adoption as an option.

I agree, there is no excuse for the clinic. I can see where one would want to know in advance the problems that might be encountered, even when committed to carrying to term and raising the child. I think that is what Palin did. Knowing you are going to have a Down's child or some other less-than-perfect child gives you the chance to educate yourself a bit before it happens. If the tests show a healthy child, there is time to rejoice and commit to bringing forward the possibility of a better tomorrow.

That was my feeling. Certain conditions, like spina bifida, might have indicated changes in my pre-natal care. Any condition found would have had my husband and me spending the rest of my pregnancy going to classes and support groups and preparing ourselves for dealing with a child with special needs. I thought it seemed a bit silly to leave that until after the kid was already here and needing care.

Besides, just knowing one way or another is a lot more comforting and less stressful than wondering.

I wish more women would be encouraged to think of adoption as an option.

Me too! That is my biggest thing I like to advocate, adoption!

My niece and nephew and fiancee are adopted.

My older sister gave up a girl to adoption as a teen, and one of my best friends just adopted a baby boy a few months ago. She has never been happier!

Forum List

Back