Obama's Choice for Ebola Czar lacks Medical Knowledge

If obama didn't do this for political reasons and felt the need for an Ebola Czar he should have asked Ben Carson.

lol, yes pick the guy who thinks the ACA is the worst thing since slavery.
We want an effective Physician someone who knows what he''s doing not a political appointee
Why? He's not going to make the decisions, the CDC is. He's going to take the responsibility, appear before congress, issue press statements, and coordinate with other agencies. Czars are political not technical.
What you said makes no sense how can he answer to congress when he wasn't the one who made the decision for something to be done, their is no need for a czar and this is all political and more money taken from the tax payers
I agree there is no need for a czar. His purpose is going to be to take the heat off agencies such as the CDC and the president. He'll run interference for the CDC, coordinate with other agencies and answer to congress and the media. And if things go wrong, he will be the scapegoat. He's not really going to make the decisions. He's going to approve them. His background as a lawyer, lobbyist, campaigner, and legislative liaison make him well qualified for the job.

Being qualified to do your job doesn't matter in the Ebola White House.

Just look at who he picked for National Security Advisor, the missing link to monkeys.

Excuse me ... didn't someone say back in 2007 and 2008 when he was running for president that he would never fill his administration with lobbyists?

Correct me if I'm wrong. :salute:

This guy doesn't need any medical experience. His job is controlling the message. Propaganda.
According to WIKI that's simply not true
Czar is an informal title for certain high-level officials in the United States and United Kingdom. Political czars can run or organize governmental departments, and may devote their expertise to a single area of work. The "czars" have various official titles which may include the terms adviser, director, administrator, or diplomatic envoy, but such titles are often quite long or awkward sounding.

If obama didn't do this for political reasons and felt the need for an Ebola Czar he should have asked Ben Carson.

We want an effective Physician someone who knows what he''s doing not a political appointee
Why? He's not going to make the decisions, the CDC is. He's going to take the responsibility, appear before congress, issue press statements, and coordinate with other agencies. Czars are political not technical.
What you said makes no sense how can he answer to congress when he wasn't the one who made the decision for something to be done, their is no need for a czar and this is all political and more money taken from the tax payers
I agree there is no need for a czar. His purpose is going to be to take the heat off agencies such as the CDC and the president. He'll run interference for the CDC, coordinate with other agencies and answer to congress and the media. And if things go wrong, he will be the scapegoat. He's not really going to make the decisions. He's going to approve them. His background as a lawyer, lobbyist, campaigner, and legislative liaison make him well qualified for the job.

I totally agree with this. We don't need a "czar." We just need to take some simple common sense precautions to protect our citizens against an Ebola outbreak.

When you have a government (institutional) agency, you need an administrator to run it ---- not a doctor.

Why would you want a doctor to act as an administrator? Or vice versa?

The guy wasn't chosen for his medical expertise, since he has none. The Dems who support him say that he can control the message economically, medically and politically. A smart person would be more interested in actually stopping the spread of Ebola rather than doing PR for the WH.

I was hoping Obama would finally make a smart decision and put an experienced doctor in charge to plan for a potential outbreak. Instead, we get a guy who is good at spinning. I see where the priorities are with this administration.

He’ll control the message better than most people would, which is really important from an economic standpoint, from a health standpoint, but it’s also important from a political perspective,” one official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because no formal announcement had been made.

Was it inappropriate for G. Bush Sr. to make Cheney Secretary of Defense, despite his never having served in the military?

You want to send a message to the People that things are under control and working towards that end. Someone with a medical background achieves that. The very last thing the US needs to see in this crisis is another political hack assuming yet another czar position. If this were a Republican, I would feel the exact same way. Namely, how would you like to see a Karl Rove-like crony step into manage a virus threat? You Democrats need to take the blinders off.

You want to send a message to the People that things are under control and working towards that end. Someone with a medical background achieves that.

Not really. Doctors are trained in healing people, not in running things. The Administrator isn't going to be the guy running into the clinic to treat people -- think about it.

This guy doesn't need any medical experience. His job is controlling the message. Propaganda.
According to WIKI that's simply not true
Czar is an informal title for certain high-level officials in the United States and United Kingdom. Political czars can run or organize governmental departments, and may devote their expertise to a single area of work. The "czars" have various official titles which may include the terms adviser, director, administrator, or diplomatic envoy, but such titles are often quite long or awkward sounding.

I understand what you're saying. My point is his job is to controlled the message. They could call him King Tut.

The guy wasn't chosen for his medical expertise, since he has none. The Dems who support him say that he can control the message economically, medically and politically. A smart person would be more interested in actually stopping the spread of Ebola rather than doing PR for the WH.

I was hoping Obama would finally make a smart decision and put an experienced doctor in charge to plan for a potential outbreak. Instead, we get a guy who is good at spinning. I see where the priorities are with this administration.

He’ll control the message better than most people would, which is really important from an economic standpoint, from a health standpoint, but it’s also important from a political perspective,” one official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because no formal announcement had been made.

Was it inappropriate for G. Bush Sr. to make Cheney Secretary of Defense, despite his never having served in the military?
This punk isn't qualified to polish Cheney's shoes.

This punk isn't qualified to polish Cheney's shoes.

Do you want me to repeat the question?

The rollout of the ACA was the biggest clusterfuck this Nation ever had to endure. It will be shutdown once responsible Americans elect leaders with integrity.

Ben Carson? Great idea. He's got tons of infectious disease experience.

Ben Carson should be in Africa helping save his 'people'. lol
spoken like a racist liberal.....

besides.... what would a neurosurgeon know about ebola....?

So now mere references to Carson being black are racist? We have to pretend now he's what color?
Not fun having it turned back on you is it, racist?

Forum List

Back