Obama's Choice for Ebola Czar lacks Medical Knowledge

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
The guy wasn't chosen for his medical expertise, since he has none. The Dems who support him say that he can control the message economically, medically and politically. A smart person would be more interested in actually stopping the spread of Ebola rather than doing PR for the WH.

I was hoping Obama would finally make a smart decision and put an experienced doctor in charge to plan for a potential outbreak. Instead, we get a guy who is good at spinning. I see where the priorities are with this administration.

He’ll control the message better than most people would, which is really important from an economic standpoint, from a health standpoint, but it’s also important from a political perspective,” one official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because no formal announcement had been made.

Knows absolutely nothing about medicine! An ambulance chaser and political hack. And this should make us all feel safer? Every day, in every way, we see the absolute ineptitude of the Organizer-inChief.

If the President has appointed a doctor,

Clementine's thread title would have been

Obama Appoints Doctor with no Managerial experience to Manage Ebola crisis.
That, too, would have been a half assed appointment.

Why must it always be black or white?

What about a Physician who has also been chief of staff at a major hospital?

I can't believe you idiots think he's going to be doing everything by himself.
We don't.

What we DO know is he will need to bring people on to assist him.

So who would be the best to make such appointments?

How about a physician who was chief of staff at a major medical institution who has experience hiring medical personnel of the different branches of medicine?

The Purpose of a czar today, Eboa, Durgs, Economic, Health, or whatever is to deflect the media and congress away from the people that are actually doing something. If you don't do this, then the agencies become totally embroiled in politics and PR. It's a shame we have to do this because it just adds another layer bureaucracy.

The guy wasn't chosen for his medical expertise, since he has none. The Dems who support him say that he can control the message economically, medically and politically. A smart person would be more interested in actually stopping the spread of Ebola rather than doing PR for the WH.

I was hoping Obama would finally make a smart decision and put an experienced doctor in charge to plan for a potential outbreak. Instead, we get a guy who is good at spinning. I see where the priorities are with this administration.

He’ll control the message better than most people would, which is really important from an economic standpoint, from a health standpoint, but it’s also important from a political perspective,” one official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because no formal announcement had been made.
The good news is that he will report to Susan Rice...

You've got plenty of technically qualified people. The current head of the CDC, Tom Frieden is well qualified. He's a medical doctor who studied and specialized in Internal Medicine and has a sub-specialty in infectious diseases. He worked in the Tuberculosis research, treatment, isolation, and epidemic control both in the US and India. When it comes to epidemics, he's probably one of the best authorities in world. For the czar position, you want a PR person, an organizer, and a manger, a person with a good working relationship with congress and the media.

Last edited:
Knows absolutely nothing about medicine! An ambulance chaser and political hack. And this should make us all feel safer? Every day, in every way, we see the absolute ineptitude of the Organizer-inChief.
everyone around Obalala is an ignorant political hack....

Probably a big Democrat Donor. Just another crony. No medical experience? Ha, WTG Obola!

Yesterday the deranged were bitching about no Ebola czar, today they're bitching because there is one.

A bitching republican is a happy republican.

Forum List

Back