ObamaCare Enrollment At 6 Million Just Before Deadline

Nutter talking points being used extensively this week.

"Many of the Obamacare sign-ups are people who lost their plans due to Obamacare!"

"Yeah....but how many have actually paid a premium?"

"Obamacare is a monkey on the back of Democats"

Any more?

You forgot Obama's lie about the 48 million who didn't have insurance...
That was a big selling point..I mean lie!

I heard an interview with Gary Lauer, CEO of e-healthinsurance this morning.

He is very high on the ACA......and says that 45% of the people buying ACA compliant plans on his website are in the 18-34 demo.

Nutters.....you should try to see the other side of this issue for a change.

Wow. Insurance Companies are excited about government regulations that force consumers to buy their product? What a huge surprise.

:cuckoo:

He is very high on the ACA......and says that 45% of the people buying ACA compliant plans on his website are in the 18-34 demo.

Wow. Insurance Companies are excited about government regulations that force consumers to buy their product? What a huge surprise.

Nope. You can pay the tax if you want. You have a choice.

You want a third choice, though...donchya? You want to choose not to buy coverage....and not pay the tax. Then...we can all pay for you when you get sick or injured. Right?

Last edited:
You fools can't afford to be in denial. You sound like a kid plugging their ears and shouting, "LA LA LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

People are enrolling. People are getting insured.

A lot of them. Many for the first time in a long time, perhaps for the first time in their lives.

You are a complete fool if you deny this to yourselves and don't figure out how to deal with reality.
When you can demonstrate that more Needy, Uninsured People (the ones who could not afford it or get covered to to pre-existings) are getting covered then exist people who were harmed by this Law in the form of (a) dropped policies due to ACA non-compliance and (b) policies with downgraded and reduced benefits due to ACA-related rising costs...

Then, and only then, will you be able to declare ACA a success, and, quite likely, only a marginal one at that, considering the damage that it's already done...

That data does not yet exist, neither as established fact, nor as reasonably reliable ancecdote, based upon an objective and statistically-defensible sampling base...

Wake me up when you've got that data...

Last edited:

Cool story......

Not a story, idiot. Just a little fact. Glad you enjoyed it.

The idiot would be the one that believes your story..... :thup:

You fools can't afford to be in denial. You sound like a kid plugging their ears and shouting, "LA LA LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

A lot of them. Many for the first time in a long time, perhaps for the first time in their lives.

You are a complete fool if you deny this to yourselves and don't figure out how to deal with reality.
When you can demonstrate that more Needy, Uninsured People (the ones who could not afford it or get covered to to pre-existings) are getting covered then are people who were harmed by this Law in the form of (a) dropped policies due to ACA non-compliance and (b) policies with downgraded and reduced benefits due to ACA-related rising costs...

Then, and only then, will you be able to declare ACA a success...

That data does not yet exist, neither as established fact, nor as reasonably reliable ancecdote, based upon an objective and statistically-defensible sampling base...

Can you prove the opposite? If not....you must, by your own terms, stop calling the law a failure.

The original goal of the Obama Administration was to enroll 7 million people before the March 31, 2014 deadline. After the glitchy rollout, that goal was adjusted to 6 million.

Obamacare Enrolls 6 Million People Just 4 Days Before Deadline

Enrollment has surged over the last few days as the March 31 deadline approached — over a million people have signed up for health insurance since March 17.

The numbers will only grow larger from here.

What kind of numbers? Social Welfare numbers excluded, what is left?

So why can't Obama tell us how many paid up?

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

2014-03-27-d74d414d_large.jpeg

Can you imagine how much money there is to be made for the first company that can track website sales

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

When you can demonstrate that more Needy, Uninsured People (the ones who could not afford it or get covered to to pre-existings) are getting covered then are people who were harmed by this Law in the form of (a) dropped policies due to ACA non-compliance and (b) policies with downgraded and reduced benefits due to ACA-related rising costs...

Then, and only then, will you be able to declare ACA a success...

Can you prove the opposite? If not....you must, by your own terms, stop calling the law a failure.
Fair enough.

ObamaCare is, as of yet, neither a success nor a failure...

It is NOT off to an auspicious start...

And we DO have hard (or fairly solid, anyway, I believe) data on who was HARMED by ObamaCare, do we not?

Fairly reliable estimates of the number of people who lost their healthcare coverage, right?

Fairly reliable estimates of the number of people whose existing policies have been downgraded in order to reduce benefits, yes?

Fairly reliable estimates of the number of people whose companies have dropped healthcare coverage as a benefit of employment, yes?

Fairly reliable estimates of the number of people who have had their hours cut below the level where their companies would have to offer (or continue offering) healthcare coverage as a benefit, yes?

I don't have those numbers at my fingertips, but, given all the news articles on the subject, and various stats published by the insurance industry, the US Dept of Labor, etc., I'm guessing that one could conjure-up defensible and sensible numbers along those lines without too much strain, yes?

We already know the vast extent of the damage done, and can probably articulate that with a little routine Googling...

We are merely waiting for fairly reliable Comparative Stats on the number of folks now covered who could not get coverage on their own in the past...

And if the No. of People Harmed by ACA outweighs the No. of People Benefiting from ACA by the margins and orders-of-magnitude that seem sensible to be expecting...

Then Liberal-Progressives will have won a Pyrrhic Victory which Conservatives will probably overturn in the next several years.

So...

Those opposed to ACA can already conjure-up fairly reliable numbers, on those harmed by ACA...

When may they, in turn, expect YOUR numbers?

If you cannot produce good numbers on a fairly reasonable timeframe, folks are simply going to have to assume the worst, if you can't defend the thing, statistically.

And they will have every right - ethically and otherwise - to make such assumptions, if you don't produce something usable, sometime fairly soon, which is capable of withstanding a fairly vigorous and neutral audit and scrutiny.

My own Spidey-Sense tells me this is going to be another $400 government hammer or $600 government toilet seat... typical Beltway Banditry... Spend a Dollar, to make a Dime.

Last edited:
Uh, Obama and his goons claimed "7 million more insured" on obamacare, the majority counted had insurance before obamacare stopped it.

This scam is the biggest lie in US history and Democraps are going to destroyed in the next 2 elections.

Uh, Obama and his goons claimed "7 million more insured" on obamacare, the majority counted had insurance before obamacare stopped it.

This scam is the biggest lie in US history and Democraps are going to destroyed in the next 2 elections.
That's one small - but very important part - of the overall Statistics Output we need, in order to judge ObamaCare's early days objectively and effectively.

Now, all we need is for Fearless Leader's folks to cough-up those numbers.

When may we expect those numbers, colleagues?

You want a third choice, though...donchya? You want to choose not to buy coverage....and not pay the tax. Then...we can all pay for you when you get sick or injured. Right?

I should not be required to "choose" anything. I am granted life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness by the US Constitution.

I should not be required to "choose" anything. I am granted life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness by the US Constitution.

his response is why this Federal government is NOW walking all over us

how sad and just damn un-American in my book

my guess is he already collecting government assistance so what does he care about the rest of us who isn't and pays for people that are

Last edited:

Sorry. You also have responsibilities to go along with those rights.

You buy insurance or you pay the tax. One way or another, you will take responsibility for the cost of health care for you and your dependents.

Do your part.

Last edited:

his response is why this Federal government is NOW walking all over us

how sad and just damn un-American in my book

my guess is he already collecting government assistance so what does he care about the rest of us who isn't and pays for people that are

The fact that someone as insignificant as you has a forum with which you can even think about communicating with intelligent beings speaks to just how fair this nation can be.

Forum List

Back