ObamaCare Enrollment At 6 Million Just Before Deadline

You fools can't afford to be in denial. You sound like a kid plugging their ears and shouting, "LA LA LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

People are enrolling. People are getting insured.

A lot of them. Many for the first time in a long time, perhaps for the first time in their lives.

You are a complete fool if you deny this to yourselves and don't figure out how to deal with reality.

I think it is an objective fact that millions of people are successfully enrolling in ObamaCare and that millions more will do so before the next election. It is better to accept reality than to deny it. It is my belief one of the key reasons the GOP lost the 2012 election is because they deny reality and fabricate illusions and then attack those illusions. Meanwhile, Obama dances the voters across the finish line.

Now, you can waffle around and ask how many have yet to make their first payment, but that is the whining of a weasel. It is a distinction without a difference. Those millions will make their payments, they will receive their insurance cards, and you will have accomplished nothing except to deny reality to yourselves a little longer when you do not have the luxury of wasting a single day in an election year.

It is time to accept the reality that ObamaCare is enrolling millions and milions of people, and that many of those people are now insured for the first time. Perhaps for the first time in their lives, and many more for the first time in years. These people are going to be experiencing the joy of visiting a doctor and having the insurance coverage to do so. This is a tangible result of ObamaCare in their lives, and no amount of weaseling rhetoric will undercut that reality.

This is going to be a significant demographic factor in the next election. And in the one after that.

Rather than live in denial, face the facts and deal with them.

Before it is too late. Again.

no they aren't people who are being insured for the first time
I heard the majority who signed up for this unaffordable insurance scam are people WHO WAS FORCED OFF their policies they had already because of this law...and the next is people are going to be subsidized by TAXPAYERS
So please don't be a dishonest mouthpiece for this pos law...Like people have never been able to get health care before this, come on G....we had medicare, medical, there are clinics people pay for by what they make and if they make nothing it's usually free, 10, 20, bucks etc etc

the majority of the people didn't want it on our backs in the first place and the MAJORITY hate the pos now

Last edited:
Meh, it's a meaningless statistic. They are enrolling because its the law and there is a fine for not doing so. They aren't doing it because its such a wonderful deal. How many of those are Medicare? How many are the young demographic that they need?

I still believe that obamacare will be a monkey on the back of the democrats running in the next election and probably the 2016 one as well.

Last edited:
Like people have never been able to get health care before this, come on G

Many millions, tens of millions, were involuntarily uninsured, Stephanie. A fact the GOP chose to completely ignore while the Democrats telegraphed quite loudly what they would do about it if they ever got the chance.

As for those who have had insurance all along, they all saw their premiums rising year after year, outpacing inflation. For decades. More and more people were getting priced out of the market. Again, the GOP ignored this.

I never bought into the "46 million uninsured Americans" crap. That was a blatant lie. But it was undeniable we had a serious problem with our health care system in America and the GOP didn't give a shit.

The GOP sold us into bondage. They knew what the Democrats would do if given a chance, and they did nothing to stop it from happening.

Now we have ObamaCare. And people are signing up and getting insurance. Five years from now, a supermajority of Americans will not want to see it go away. Watch and see.

I think it is an objective fact that millions of people are successfully enrolling in ObamaCare and that millions more will do so before the next election. It is better to accept reality than to deny it. It is my belief one of the key reasons the GOP lost the 2012 election is because they deny reality and fabricate illusions and then attack those illusions. Meanwhile, Obama dances the voters across the finish line.

Now, you can waffle around and ask how many have yet to make their first payment, but that is the whining of a weasel. It is a distinction without a difference. Those millions will make their payments, they will receive their insurance cards, and you will have accomplished nothing except to deny reality to yourselves a little longer when you do not have the luxury of wasting a single day in an election year.

It is time to accept the reality that ObamaCare is enrolling millions and milions of people, and that many of those people are now insured for the first time. Perhaps for the first time in their lives, and many more for the first time in years. These people are going to be experiencing the joy of visiting a doctor and having the insurance coverage to do so. This is a tangible result of ObamaCare in their lives, and no amount of weaseling rhetoric will undercut that reality.

This is going to be a significant demographic factor in the next election. And in the one after that.

Drinking the koolaid.

It's just amazing that the same government that tracks every email and website visit had no idea at all about how many paying customers they have. I mean nobody has that kind of technology yet that allows website owners to tell who's paid up! Maybe aliens will give it to us.

You did a great job pretending you were impartial -- for a brief while; but you're just another Obama Fluffer

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Many millions, tens of millions, were involuntarily uninsured, Stephanie. A fact the GOP chose to completely ignore while the Democrats telegraphed quite loudly what they would do about it if they ever got the chance.

As for those who have had insurance all along, they all saw their premiums rising year after year, outpacing inflation. For decades. More and more people were getting priced out of the market. Again, the GOP ignored this.

I never bought into the "46 million uninsured Americans" crap. That was a blatant lie. But it was undeniable we had a serious problem with our health care system in America and the GOP didn't give a shit.

The GOP sold us into bondage. They knew what the Democrats would do if given a chance, and they did nothing to stop it from happening.

Now we have ObamaCare. And people are signing up and getting insurance. Five years from now, a supermajority of Americans will not want to see it go away. Watch and see.

I doubt that.

Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: March 2014 | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

You're dead wrong on this.

Obamacare will be a huge issue in the next election- it will hand the Senate to the GOP.

The right wing idiots said the same thing in 2012 and all that happened was an across the board democratic landslide.

The ACA likely will be a big issue, with millions now covered, not being kicked off their plans because they got sick, and ending using ER's for a walk in clinic will all add to the democrat's chances of kicking GOP ass once again :up:

Beside that, there are about 3 million on their parents who couldn't before, and 5 million who now get Medicaid, hater dupes ...

Last edited:
The original goal of the Obama Administration was to enroll 7 million people before the March 31, 2014 deadline. After the glitchy rollout, that goal was adjusted to 6 million.

Obamacare Enrolls 6 Million People Just 4 Days Before Deadline

Enrollment has surged over the last few days as the March 31 deadline approached — over a million people have signed up for health insurance since March 17.

The numbers will only grow larger from here.

Glitchy rollout? Problems with website were so big that it was giving "error 808" instead of "error 404". At one point government was about to issue warning to those who were able to complete ACA form online that wasn't official government site and they should report fraud and change all their passwords. :D

6 million out of 46 million is a success? Hell yeah, they'll say anything to glorify ACA success. Just waiting for Carney to say that huge deductibles wont looks so bad once hyperinflation kicks in.

really, so they did nothing huh?
below explains what Democrats did and now you see why Republicans were left with trying REPEAL IT...And I was in their corner all the way
laws can be abolished as we saw with slavery and prohibition...so I REFUSE to just roll over for this new law and scam and just sit down and SHUT UP ..sorry to hear you will

SNIP:
Politics: The six undeniable elements of the ObamaCare scam

Image Credit: charlesfettinger via Flickr

Published by: Herman Cain on Thursday March 27th, 2014
Herman Cain

There's one born every minute.

The latest delay to ObamaCare - is it the 29th? the 30th? I can't keep track anymore - should leave no doubt in anyone's mind that this ill-conceived law is a complete and utter disaster. I don't think there is anyone left outside the partisan Democrat world (and the mainstream media, which is just another way of saying the same thing) who fails to sense that at this point.

But it's one thing to sense something. It's another to be able to quantify it. To demonstrate factually what a scam ObamaCare is, there are six specific elements we can identify:

1. The way it was passed in the first place. Remember: The Senate passed its version of the bill with 60 votes, exactly the number needed to shut down a Republican filibuster with no votes to spare. Then Ted Kennedy died and was replaced by Republican Scott Brown - before the House and Senate had a chance to reconcile their different versions. Now Republicans would have the votes to filibuster any conference committee report. The only way to pass ObamaCare at this point was to muscle reluctant House Democrats to pass the Senate version without changes, let President Obama sign it into law, and then have Harry Reid abuse reconciliation rules to make later changes. This included promises made, and broken (of course) to pro-life House Democrats like Michigan's Bart Stupak that ObamaCare would result in taxpayer funding of abortions.

2. Everyone's total ignorance of what they were voting for. The bill was 2,700 pages long. It wasn't finalized until days before the vote. They were in such a hurry to pass it, no one had time to read it before voting. No one. Not a problem, said Nancy Pelosi: "We have to pass it so you can find out what's in it." We found out all right.

3. "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance."

4. How did you like that rollout? The web site didn't work. Enrollment is way below projections. Premiums soaring. Networks limited. People kicked off their plans. Delays. Selective exemptions. Unless you're looking for an exemption on the basis of your religious faith, there's almost certainly a loophole for you! Those of you who really believe things are better when government runs them, I present to you, ObamaCare.

5. Remember the reason they said they were doing it in the first place? Because there were 48 million uninsured Americans and that simply wouldn't do? Well, we're days away from the ObamaCare enrollment deadline. We now have . . . 47 million uninsured Americans. Great job, Democrats. You ripped an entire system - which had some flaws but for the most part worked well - from its foundations to accomplish that? None of the assumptions they made about ObamaCare have come true. Only 9 percent of the heretofore uninsured have signed up, and many more lost the insurance they had - and can't afford the ObamaCare-approved alternatives! They don't even know how many have paid their premiums. And thousands have had their hours cut by employers trying to avoid the mandate. Many jobs that could have been created never were by employers trying to stay under the mandate threshold. It's a classic case of Democrats having no understanding of how their heavy-handed actions cause unintended consequences, and then insisting that when the consequences occur it can't possibly be their fault.

6. Journalistic silence. This is really the one component that makes all the others possible. A recent report from the Media Research Center shows that in recent months, ABC, NBC and CBS have spent a combined 31 minutes reporting on ObamaCare's problems. They spend more time talking about President Obama's golf game. (By the way, I part company with many of you here. I don't care how much golf he plays. You can do your jobs from a golf course. His problem is that he doesn't do his job well no matter where he's doing it from.) The lamestream media believe so fervently in the power of government to do good, they simply refuse to undercut this belief by reporting the truth about what happens when it's put into action.

ALL of it here
Politics: The six undeniable elements of the ObamaCare scam | Best of Cain

Last edited:

It is also objective fact that 6M have not enrolled. HHS actually says they dont know how many have enrolled. That is also a lie.
It was a lie that there were 46M without insurance. It is not a lie that there are probably more people without insurance now than before the law was passed. It is a lie that Obamacare would lower premiums. It is not a lie that insurance pools of those signing up are older sicker people. It is not a lie that the individual mandate is a joke, now extended indefinitely. It is not a lie that the sub $1T price tag for Obamacare was never in the realm of possibility and relied on Dem lies to the CBO.
ANd finally it is not a lie that Obamacare is the worst clusterfuck piece of policy in history. It is so bad Obama himself illegally extends deadlines, rewrites the law, and makes other changes.
Nor is it a lie that Obamacare will cost Dems the Senate and more House seats.

I heard an interview with Gary Lauer, CEO of e-healthinsurance this morning.

He is very high on the ACA......and says that 45% of the people buying ACA compliant plans on his website are in the 18-34 demo.

Nutters.....you should try to see the other side of this issue for a change.

It's hard to imagine ObamaCare being the huge success Barbara Boxer says it is.
Not when according to Obama 48 million were uninsured.
How is 6 million signing up a huge success when a part of that number are people
who got dumped because of ObamaCare...

He is very high on the ACA......and says that 45% of the people buying ACA compliant plans on his website are in the 18-34 demo.

Cool story......

The original goal of the Obama Administration was to enroll 7 million people before the March 31, 2014 deadline. After the glitchy rollout, that goal was adjusted to 6 million.

Obamacare Enrolls 6 Million People Just 4 Days Before Deadline

Enrollment has surged over the last few days as the March 31 deadline approached — over a million people have signed up for health insurance since March 17.

The numbers will only grow larger from here.
Well, yeah, no kidding...

Hold a (metaphorical, financial penalty -type) gun to peoples' heads, and they'll usually do what you tell 'em to.

Doesn't mean that they wanted to, or that they would have made that choice, without the gun pointed at their heads.

Nor when comparing what was previously available to them, versus what they're having shoved down their throats nowadays...

Jeeeez...

Nutter talking points being used extensively this week.

"Many of the Obamacare sign-ups are people who lost their plans due to Obamacare!"

"Yeah....but how many have actually paid a premium?"

"Obamacare is a monkey on the back of Democats"

Any more?

Cool story......

Not a story, idiot. Just a little fact. Glad you enjoyed it.

Forum List

Back