Obama waits before evacuating Egypt.

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Why did Obama wait so long in getting our people out of Egypt? I thought the other day when they were saying "no problem" they were actually evacuating as they spoke. They had to be. Now I hear as things are boiling over they are just thinking about taking a ship over there going through the Suez fror a month long trip?

Did anyone tell Obama it's dangerous over there?

Tens of thousands of Americans!

Last edited:
I have family waiting in the Cairo Airport right now. They report that there are no planes coming in or out, and that there are tens of thousands of people at the airport. The NY times reports that we are evacuating - so I called them to see where they got the information - and they said the embassy - as you can imagine - getting through to the American Embassy in Cairo is impossible at this time. My family has been told by State Department (today) that there is no evacuation order in place, and that there is nothing we can do but wait. So I really don't think this is even happening.

ABC did quite a bit of coverage this morning with Christianne Omanpour. She does excellent work in the Middel East. She flew in yesterday, but said no flights out. The airport seems safe. The rioters are pretty focused on the police and the President.

Some reports coming out for Americans not to go to the airport but to find their own way via car to other cities or countries if they have the resources. Feeling very bad for them..

Forum List

Back