Obama the Mexican's puppet: Mexico’s drug war is our fight as well!

LostAmerican

Rookie
Feb 20, 2011
WASHINGTON — Seeking to repair damaged relations, President Obama and Mexican President Felipe Calderon agreed Thursday to deepen their cooperation in combatting drug violence and declared a breakthrough in efforts to end a long-standing dispute over cross-border trucking.

During a joint news conference at the White House, Obama praised Calderon for his “extraordinary courage” in fighting the violent drug cartels that have been responsible for deaths on both sides of the border. Obama pledged to speed up U.S. aid to train and equip Mexican forces to help in those efforts, but he also acknowledged that the U.S. must stem the flow of cash and guns to Mexico that have aided the cartels.

“We are very mindful that the battle President Calderon is fighting inside of Mexico is not just his battle, it’s also ours,” Obama said. “We have to take responsibility just as he’s taken responsibility.”

Calderon’s visit comes three weeks after U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent Jaime Zapata was shot to death in northern Mexico with a gun smuggled in from the U.S. The incident raised questions in the U.S. about Mexico’s ability to control violence and has Obama administration officials considering arming U.S. agents working across the border to ensure their safety.

Mexican law bans foreign law enforcement agents working in the country from bearing arms, and Calderon vehemently expressed his opposition to making an exception for U.S. personnel. But he said Zapata’s death showed a need to consider alternative methods for protecting agents.
“His death must urge us to work together to ensure a prosperous and peaceful future for our region,” Calderon said.

Tensions between the North American allies were already heightened ahead of Zapata’s death. Secret State Department cables released last year revealed a grim assessment by U.S. officials of Mexico’s ability to fight drug cartels, saying the country has limited intelligence-gathering capacity and quoting Calderon as saying politicians could be tempted to return to a tacit policy of tolerating the gangs.
AP

---------------------------------------------------------

Mexico is not the only country in the world, OBAMA!

Wake up!

Put NATO troops on the border.

Kick out Mexican squatters and their bandito babies!

FEED AMERICANS FIRST!!

Either legalize drugs and end the war altogether or send in the U.S. Military to start taking out the cartels. The latter is only a temporary solution, of course.

Either legalize drugs and end the war altogether or send in the U.S. Military to start taking out the cartels. The latter is only a temporary solution, of course.

Don't I agree with your first idea, as you said the second idea is just a temporary expensive idea where other locations could just increase what they send to the US and it wouldn't even be a temporary fix.

legalize weed, seperate it from guns and powder.
calderon has done more to fix things a than anyone in recent memory. we could use our military for this, these are really bad guys.
for now i tip my hat to calderon. i don't think obama is the mexico puppet, maybe the unions a little bit.

Last edited:
“We are very mindful that the battle President Calderon is fighting inside of Mexico is not just his battle, it’s also ours,” Obama said. “We have to take responsibility just as he’s taken responsibility.”

Okay. If it is our battle too, THEN SEAL THE BORDER.

Legalizing drugs will infuriate the cartels...and likely create a war on our homeland......
It will get very ugly.

Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The economy of Mexico is the 11th largest in the world. After rapid economic, social and technological growth beginning in the 1990s, Mexico is now both one of the world's largest economies and one of the fastest growing economies in the world. With a stable growth rate of 7.6%.,[14][15] the Mexican economy is expected to nearly triple by 2020

Last edited:
Do you have any idea how much commerce we do with mexico?

we actually could put americans to work and grow our own tomatos and peppers. Yes we could.

Pahleeeese...

Americans who are very comofrtable getting their unemployment checks will NEVER want to do a menial job like pickin tomatos.

Just ask the left....those are jobs Americans would never want.

Legalizing drugs will infuriate the cartels...and likely create a war on our homeland......
It will get very ugly.

It will infuriate them because they'll no longer have money.

Protect the border to stop the war on our homeland and let the american economy, american taxpayer, american farmers, american business can benefit from ending the Drug War rather than terrorists, drug cartels and gang bangers.

we actually could put americans to work and grow our own tomatos and peppers. Yes we could.

Pahleeeese...

Americans who are very comofrtable getting their unemployment checks will NEVER want to do a menial job like pickin tomatos.

Didn't you get the Grump memo.. the left is sick and tired of you picking on them. You are supposed to be nice to the left. FairWarning.

Pahleeeese...

Use prison labor (Non-violent, good behavior).

It will get very ugly.

Protect the border to stop the war on our homeland and let the american economy, american taxpayer, american farmers, american business can benefit from ending the Drug War rather than terrorists, drug cartels and gang bangers.

Just think how many millions could be employed building us a damn fence.

Pahleeeese...

Use prison labor (Non-violent, good behavior).

:lol::lol: well there ya go. how many illegals do we house in prison?

Pahleeeese...

Didn't you get the Grump memo.. the left is sick and tired of you picking on them. You are supposed to be nice to the left. FairWarning.

I have been warned........

Now...back to what I was saying....

The left are clueless ideaologues that want all of my money....so they can give it out and make themselves feel good......
I like to donate.....but it doesnt make THEM feel good....so they want to donate it for me.

Thats my take on the left.

And yes....I have been warned.

It will get very ugly.

Just think how many millions could be employed building us a damn fence.

Personally I don't know the best way to fix it from a strategy point of view, but one way or another we need to concentrate WAY more focus down there. Whether it's a fence or more human security or whatever, something's gotta happen.

We worry all the time in our national security about "potential" threats to american lives, when there's already a clear and present danger to american lives going on right now and we do almost nothing about it.

Pahleeeese...

Yeah and the problem is people think giving welfare and unemployment to poor people actually helps them when in my view it just makes them comfortable with the bare minimum. Just look at the % of kids born into welfare parents who end up on welfare themselves.

Maybe someone could get a job picking vegetables and learn on the job skills that they could later use to be a successful farmer, sounds a lot better to me than sitting at home watching Jerry Springer waiting to get a check in the mail for nothing.

Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The economy of Mexico is the 11th largest in the world. After rapid economic, social and technological growth beginning in the 1990s, Mexico is now both one of the world's largest economies and one of the fastest growing economies in the world. With a stable growth rate of 7.6%.,[14][15] the Mexican economy is expected to nearly triple by 2020

Do you people care if this country recovers or not?

The only way this market is going to provide new customers for our future trade is for them to win this drug war.

The best thing we could do for ourselves and Mexico is to legalize pot.

Forum List

Back