Obama: The Future Must Not Belong to Those Who Slander The Prophet of Islam

Why didn't he say something more reasonable, like the future must not belong to those who murder innocent people for no good reason?

Obama: “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam” « Hot Air

I'm going thru the UN speech and I'm just shaking my head. One historian and writer for the Telegraph UK had the best couple of lines I've found today.

".....that was painfully “historic” that it sounded more like “I Want to Teach the World to Sing."

:D

And I love this.

"There were bits of the UN speech to praise – particularly the President’s stern word with Iran.

But I live in dread that this empty oration is going to be spun as yet another piece of “history” – something for young Democrats to download on their iPods and listen to while jogging through Central Park.

Good grief, we might be in for another four years of this."

:eusa_clap:

Barack Obama to UN: another painfully 'historic' speech for young Democrats to download on their iPods – Telegraph Blogs

Last edited:
Just substitute in Radical Islam for commies and nazis :eusa_think:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhdeITDRl2g]Trailer for critique: McArthur on appeasement - YouTube[/ame]

FUCK YOU OBAMA!

The future doesn't belong to people that want to infringe on human rights, human expression, ect. Islam is disgusting and goes against everything we stand for.

I'll slander that goat fucker intill the sun goes down.

Last edited:
The Future does not belong to this president! Did he even know what he said?

It's so much fun when things are taken out of context, don't you think?

PRESIDENT OBAMA addresses the U.N. General Assembly:

The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt – it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted “Muslims, Christians, we are one.” The future must not belong to those who bully women – it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country’s resources – it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs; workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the men and women that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied.

Obama: "The Future Must Not Belong To Those Who Slander The Prophet Of Islam" | RealClearPolitics

obama256.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY]Obama Admits He Is A Muslim - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8VFSUFEriA]Madonna: Obama Is 'A Black Muslim In The White House' - YouTube[/ame]

I can't figure out why Obama said this. Doesn't he realize that simply saying "Mohammad is a false prophet" is considered a slander?

There must be a "full moon," the conservative lunatic fringe are out in full force tonight!

There must be a "full moon," the conservative lunatic fringe are out in full force tonight!

Yes. we are the lunatics for wanting free speech and religious freedom.

I can't figure out why Obama said this. Doesn't he realize that simply saying "Mohammad is a false prophet" is considered a slander?
Is Mitt Romney's Joseph Smith a "true prophet?"

As opposed to someone else's Joseph Smith?

And yes, Joseph Smith Jr was a Prophet of God.

That's completely irrelevant to the fact that merely voicing a belief that Mohammad is not a prophet is considered slander. It has been for over 1000 years.

Read about the Martyrs of Cordoba sometime. These Christians were put to death for preaching the Gospel and "slandering" the prophet by saying he wasn't one. Is that really the future we want for our lives, our culture, or our nation?

People should be free to speak their minds. Sometimes that means allowing crappy thoughts to be spoken.

Why didn't he say something more reasonable, like the future must not belong to those who murder innocent people for no good reason?

Obama: “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam” « Hot Air

He said it along with a lot of other "the future must not" and that is quite different from only saying that one sentence. He is boltering all religions and freedom of speech and saying the future must not belong to those who commit slander against any religion (in other words freedom of speech but not freedom to kill and maim becasue of those beliefs). He is saying the future must not belong to all these people/ideologies and more.

From the speech transcript (LINK)

He has lumped them all together so in context it doesn't sound like he is supporting only Islam.

It is time to leave the call of violence and the politics of division behind. On so many issues, we face a choice between the promise of the future or the prisons of the past, and we cannot afford to get it wrong. We must seize this moment, and America stands ready to work with all who are willing to embrace a better future.

[and]

The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt. It must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted, "Muslims, Christians, we are one." The future must not belong to those who bully women. It must be shaped by girls who go to school and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons.

(APPLAUSE)

The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country's resources. It must be won by the students and entrepreneurs, the workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the women and men that America stands with. There's is the vision we will support.

[and]

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. But to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see in the images of Jesus Christ that are desecrated or churches that are destroyed, or the Holocaust that is denied.

(APPLAUSE)

Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims and Shia pilgrims. It's time to heed the words of Gandhi, "Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit."

(APPLAUSE)

Together, we must work towards a work where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies. That's the vision we will support. Among Israelis and Palestinians, the future must not belong to those who turn their backs on the prospect of peace. Let us leave behind those who thrive on conflict, those who reject the right of Israel to exist.

Forum List

Back