Obama still wants to "Bankrupt" Coal... Denying that is to Deny Reality...

Obama just shut ours down two weeks ago.
And it had nothing to do with natural gas. (With which we are over run).
After millions spent on clean air upgrades, the EPA couldn't detect a level of mercury. It was too low to measure. Good right? But the EPA requires a number and the plant couldn't produce one, so they shut it down, which in turn will financially devastate the town it is in and the two closest to it.
For all of you cap and trade greenies, I just grabbed tonight's paper so I can list the "potential to discharge" permit the EPA just gave Chesapeake Gas:
And I quote:
"We will be discharging various amounts of
carbon dioxide
nitrogen oxideS
carbon monoxide
benzene
methane
xyleneS
toluene
formaldehyde."

Obama is bankrupting the coal industry, exactly the way he said he was going to. Why don't you believe him?

After millions spent on clean air upgrades, the EPA couldn't detect a level of mercury. It was too low to measure. Good right? But the EPA requires a number and the plant couldn't produce one, so they shut it down
That's incredible!
Was that really their reasoning?
Why isn't this bigger news??!!

There's a slowdown in coal mining because coal can't compete with natural gas with the latter at low prices.

That's not Obama's fault.

Does being a Dishonest Douchie Lapdog for the Administration ever get old?...

:)

peace...

Enjoy your meal, sport.

ELNYFLZKLC-8.png

obama is closing the coal mines and he's closing the coal fired power plants. Weeks ago I saw obama losing Ohio over the coal issue.

The democrats want to close out coal and move to natural gas because they are already laying the foundation to close out natural gas. The democrats have no intention of permitting fracking any longer than it takes to shut down the coal industry. Natural gas serves no other purpose than to close out energy production through coal. Once it is no longer necessary democrats can progress to closing out natural gas.

Step by step, eliminating one industry at a time. We can be basically without energy at all.

May 17,2008

"We can't drive our SUVs and, you know, eat as much as we want and keep our homes on, you know, 72 degrees at all times, whether we're living in the desert or we're living in the tundra, and then just expect every other country is going to say OK,

What do you think he meant by that statement? Does that signal a move away from coal to natural gas? No. It's a statement that says we will have to reduce our energy use and learn to be less mobile, more hungry and as cold or hot as the temperature permits.

That's an interesting theory. I hope you understand that this industry is engaged in a daily fight to protect fracturing and natural gas production and marketing. Also, nat gas export terminals are being seriously reviewed...

A string of companies have applied for permission to export liquefied natural gas, or L.N.G., to countries that don’t have special free-trade agreements with the United States. Under federal law, the Energy Department has to find such exports to be consistent with the “national interest” before they can occur, though the term isn’t clearly defined.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/16/opinion/the-case-for-natural-gas-exports.html?_r=0

I understand that the industry is trying to protect and promote natural gas. I also understand that environmentalists and the government arm of the EPA is even now getting into position to stop fracking.

And if Obama wins, his EPA will systematically stop fracking and the natural gas abundance will go the same way as coal. You can bet on it..

^Ed Zachary.

The Left isn't Honest about Gas... It's simply a Tool right now to say "we don't need Coal" while out the other Sides of their Mouth they are Denouncing Gas.

peace...

So you Know where I Sit before I tell you where I Stand...

My People are from Williamson West BY GOD Virginia.

The Coal Miners do NOT Support this President and they Know very well that he intends on Promising them Pipe Dream Jobs in the Consistently Failing Green Industry once he has Destroyed theirs.

He has been Consistently Anti-Coal since he opened his Mouth about the Issue.

Fuck him and his Media for not Telling the Voters the Truth about it. :thup:

There are MANY Black Families in the Coal Industry...

I would LOVE to see a Poll of them.

But the "Free Press" is simply NOT going to do that to their Candidate.

peace...

I think your seriously misinformed. The EPA is systematically killing the industry.

Stop listening to the radio.
Yes! You're being exposed to dangerous, doubleplusungood Thoughtcrime!

You should watch only MSDNC and receive your officially-sanctioned opinions. And enjoy the Two Minutes Hate.

Remember: We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Do you agree with OKTexas, or me? Which one of us is correct? He's denying that natural gas prices has anything to do with the slowdown in coal mining,

even though the mining companies themselves cite that as a reason.

Am I wrong? Or is this idiot from Texas wrong?

And if Obama wins, his EPA will systematically stop fracking and the natural gas abundance will go the same way as coal. You can bet on it..

You think the Democratic Party is going to intentionally and systematically commit political suicide by driving up energy costs at every opportunity,

so they can guarantee the Republicans get into power and in turn systematically decimate environmentalist interests?

Did you ever in your life think before you posted?

Your own source explains that converting to natural gas is cheaper than complying with new EPA regulations.

You just proved the point of the OP, you dumb fuck.

Learn to google.

Xcel Energy Unveils Plan To Convert Coal Plant To Natural Gas

DENVER — Xcel Energy is proposing to spend $1.3 billion to convert coal-fired power plants to natural gas and close a plant to comply with a new Colorado law aimed at cutting pollution from power plants.

Xcel Energy, Colorado's largest electric utility, said the plan released Friday will help meet statewide goals of reducing emissions of nitrogen, carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide and mercury. The company said it will also save $225 million compared to installing pollution-control equipment.

Coal plant conversion projects - SourceWatch

Although conversion costs can be expensive, utilities already have the facilities sited and water supply and transmission lines established. Converting existing facilities can often cost less than installing the emissions control systems required to keep an antiquated coal plant running.[2]

You think the Democratic Party is going to intentionally and systematically commit political suicide by driving up energy costs at every opportunity,

so they can guarantee the Republicans get into power and in turn systematically decimate environmentalist interests?

How can you be so stupid as to not listen to HIS words? It's not only coal, it's natural gas as well, and anything else that isn't 'green'. Whether it's from some misconceived notion that he can force this on the American people because he really thinks he's doing something good, or if it's to benefit cronies and donors, it doesn't really matter. He's talking about 'more efficient appliances', and 'changing lightbulbs', and 'new technology' that's not here yet and won't be for many more years to come. The guy is an idiot.

Barack Obama Admits: Energy Prices Will Skyrocket Under Cap And Trade - YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZxnT5tHVIo]Obama Promises Skyrocketing Energy Prices - YouTube[/ame]

How can you be so stupid as to not listen to HIS words? It's not only coal, it's natural gas as well, and anything else that isn't 'green'. Whether it's from some misconceived notion that he can force this on the American people because he really thinks he's doing something good, or if it's to benefit cronies and donors, it doesn't really matter. He's talking about 'more efficient appliances', and 'changing lightbulbs', and 'new technology' that's not here yet and won't be for many more years to come. The guy is an idiot.

Barack Obama Admits: Energy Prices Will Skyrocket Under Cap And Trade - YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZxnT5tHVIo]Obama Promises Skyrocketing Energy Prices - YouTube[/ame]

You Racist Homophobe!...

peace...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In7osrOs1qU&feature=fvwrel]Pedophilia - Victim of Satanic Hollywood - Refuses to Name Names - YouTube[/ame]

^What was also Linked...

I heard this once from Dominick Brascia when worked for a radio station in here in Denver called KNRC.

He said that Michael Jackson was on one the main ones but that the Corey's would eventually out a lot of people in Hollywood for what had happened and likely still was.

Interesting.

peace...

Coal is losing cutomers because natural gas is coming on line and its cheaper, and CLEANER to burn, too.

But still the coal mining industry looks pretty healthy thanks to EXPORTS.

I hope one of these days, we are able to look back and laugh at the way we used to burn that filthy stuff. We need to make coal obsolete. We need to find cleaner energy sources, develop cleaner technology and export that to other countries. In other words, lead by example.

China could give a shit about clean air. It's nice of us to send our clean air jet streaming to Europe while we spend billions cleaning up the air that jet streams from China.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mal

You are dead on. The gas companies here are also having to fight tooth and nail to get their EPA permits. We know Obama doesn't like our coal, but it is becoming apparent to the gas companies that he hates them just as much.
If it isn't a Chinese wind turbine, it isn't on Obama's smiley list.

The first thing my electric company did when Obama closed our plant was to notify it's customers about the increase in electric we will be experiencing beginning in Dec.

Obama was arrogant enough to tell us ahead of time that this was his agenda. Whether or not it is suicidal, will be determined in a few weeks.

You are dead on. The gas companies here are also having to fight tooth and nail to get their EPA permits. We know Obama doesn't like our coal, but it is becoming apparent to the gas companies that he hates them just as much.
If it isn't a Chinese wind turbine, it isn't on Obama's smiley list.

At the movie theater I saw a preview of a new Matt Damon movie that is obviously a hit piece on the gas fracking industry. The environmental wackos are obviously getting ready to make war on natural gas in addition to coal and oil.

At the movie theater I saw a preview of a new Matt Damon movie that is obviously a hit piece on the gas fracking industry. The environmental wackos are obviously getting ready to make war on natural gas in addition to coal and oil.

And I am about to dance with the devil. They have leased all of the property surrounding mine. If I don't lease mine, my neighbor, who just leased them 350 acres, mentioned "something about Chesapeake just paying me the going rate and drilling anyway....." Emanate Domain certainly perked my ears right up.
I live in the pristine woods on a creek and had no intentions of signing with Chesapeake, but now I may have no choice. If I don't accept their check they are going to sit on the boundary line and suck my gas out anyway. I am really concerned about them salting the creek. Every animal I own drinks and swims in that creek. What a damn mess.

Coal is losing cutomers because natural gas is coming on line and its cheaper, and CLEANER to burn, too.

But still the coal mining industry looks pretty healthy thanks to EXPORTS.

I hope one of these days, we are able to look back and laugh at the way we used to burn that filthy stuff. We need to make coal obsolete. We need to find cleaner energy sources, develop cleaner technology and export that to other countries. In other words, lead by example.

China could give a shit about clean air. It's nice of us to send our clean air jet streaming to Europe while we spend billions cleaning up the air that jet streams from China.

There you go Thinking again...

You are supposed to be Emotional about these Issues damn it!

Stop Analyzing Facts and Chit Mang!

peace...

Forum List

Back