Obama scares North Korea out of their nukes!

:) Would you take the same tack if it happened under Bush's watch?

yes. unlike, some, I am not a blind partisan hack that hates everything Obama says or does, nor supports everything the GOP says or does.

The NK nuke deal was for food aid. There was no scaring of anyone, by anyone

I don't expect them to keep their word, once the aid is actually delivered though.

doesnt matter till it happens. Once it does then you blame Obama for being had, till then he gets the credit.

Thats just how the game goes.

Yep if the deal falls thru Obama will get the blame for that.

yes. unlike, some, I am not a blind partisan hack that hates everything Obama says or does, nor supports everything the GOP says or does.

I don't expect them to keep their word, once the aid is actually delivered though.

Lefties never let the facts get in the way of their messianic worship of Obama.

So now we are about where we were when Clinton left office. He had squared away a deal that would keep North Korea in check and all Bush had to do was follow it. Instead, Bush and Cheney tore it up and started their Axis of Evil strategy that allowed North Korea to get nukes and sent relations back ten years

Hopefully, with the kid in office and a saner US policy towards international diplomacy, we can make this thing work

North Korea giving up their Nukes again? Yeah, we've heard that one many times before. They have em, and they'll always have em. And that's just the way it is.

When Chuck Norris goes to bed at night, he checks the closet for Barack Obama.

barack+obama+killing+machine+rambo.jpg

Since the OP deems it unimportant for people to read the actual story.... here's a link:

BBC News - North Korea agrees to nuclear moratorium

aahh... the food aid.

My guess is they will suck us for all we are worth and go right back to their crap.

Same old shit, just a different day and a different fly. :eusa_whistle:

Same old con game...different sucker getting robbed is more like it.

I am of the opinion...let them starve and play out their game.

He didn't scare them. He likely just gave them more Taxpayer Cash. North Korea has been playing us for suckers for many years. How much Taxpayer Cash has been flushed down that toilet? Here's a hint, it's a lot. So he didn't scare them, he just paid them off again.

"Obama is rightly concerned about nuclear proliferation. Iran is on the brink of “nukedom”; Syria may still have a program; North Korea helps others gain nuclear knowhow; Pakistan may be bolstering its arsenal; Russia and China are modernizing.
Where the administration gets it wrong is in its belief that if we reduce or eliminate our nuclear holdings — unilaterally, bilaterally or multilaterally through a treaty — others would, too.
It’s a great theory, but there’s no evidence that it would work in practice."

Obama

Looks like Obama's the one who is caving and scared

Lefties never let the facts get in the way of their messianic worship of Obama.

Yep the lefties are that way and so are the righties.
Independent minded folks realize that.

If you think that only the other side does it, then you are one or the other.

And yet, it was you who lied in your OP. Why? Messianic worship of Obama.... there is no other reason for lying about this development.

You know it.

Carters ill fated deal cost the American Taxpayer 7 Billion.

NK got the aid and kept on building.
Still referring those Texas-approved History text-books, are you??

eusa_doh.gif

October 19, 1994

CLINTON APPROVES PLAN

"President Clinton approved a plan today to arrange more than $4 billion in energy aid to North Korea during the next decade in return for a commitment from the country's hard-line Communist leadership to freeze and gradually dismantle its nuclear weapons development program.

"This agreement will help achieve a longstanding and vital American objective -- an end to the threat of nuclear proliferation on the Korean Peninsula," Mr. Clinton said this afternoon, after his top foreign policy advisers described the details of an enormously complex agreement struck with North Korea late Monday.

American and North Korean officials plan to sign the broad accord on Friday, and almost immediately the United States will begin a remarkable new foreign aid program: it will provide for the North, with which it has never signed a peace treaty ending the Korean War, supplies of heavy oil to keep factories running and homes heated.

"This agreement is good for the United States, good for our allies, and good for the safety of the entire world," Mr. Clinton said in a brief appearance in the White House press room this afternoon. "It's a crucial step toward drawing North Korea into the global community."

The accord calls for a consortium of nations, led by South Korea and Japan, to provide the North with two light-water nuclear reactors, designed in a manner that makes it far more difficult for the North to convert nuclear waste into atomic weapons.

The total cost of the project was put at $4 billion by Robert L. Gallucci, the chief American negotiator with the North. The financing would be supplied by South Korea, Japan and possibly Germany, Russia and the United States.

Under the accord, North Korea would agree to allow full and continuous inspections of its existing nuclear sites, freeze and then later take apart some of its most important nuclear plants and ultimately ship out of the country fuel rods that could be converted into fuel for weapons."

May 2004

"In early March, barely a month into Bush's term, Kim Dae Jung, South Korea's president, made a state visit to Washington. On the eve of the visit, Powell told reporters that, on Korean policy, Bush would pick up where Clinton had left off. The White House instantly rebuked him; Bush made it clear he would do no such thing. Powell had to eat his words, publicly admitting that he had leaned "too forward in my skis." It was the first of many instances when Powell would find himself out of step with the rest of the Bush team--the lone diplomat in a sea of hardliners."

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Fuckin' Teabaggers

Last edited:
Just another blackmail payoff from our inept & corrupt Government. They've been paying North Korea off for years. So this stuff is hardly 'breaking news.' Just more of the same ole same ole in the end.

Who knows? The new leader may just not be as much of a psychotic asshole as his predecessor was.

Only time will tell.

Still, if N Korea had stepped up it's Nuclear program, one can be sure that folks on the far right would be blaming Obama, so shouldn't the man get just a small amount of credit for the good things that happen too?

You have to admit, so far his foreign policy results have been pretty good, in general.

Just another blackmail payoff from our inept & corrupt Government. They've been paying North Korea off for years. So this stuff is hardly 'breaking news.' Just more of the same ole same ole in the end.

Yeah, well I guess that might be one way of looking at it...

Of course, if your guys were in charge we'd already be at war with Cuba, so, there's that.

Forum List

Back