Obama Says His Apology Calmed Things Down

apology-tour.gif

Obama Says Afghan Apology Calmed Anti-US Violence

They've been playing a video of Obama this morning saying that his apology calmed things down in Afghanistan.

I burst out loud laughing when I saw this.

This guy just can't stop lying. He has to put a spin on everything he says to the point that it loses it's meaning.

He says his apology calmed things down, but he also said we're not out of the woods yet.
Obama says Afghan apology calmed anti-US violence
WTF???

If it calmed things down we wouldn't be in the woods. PressTV - Afghanistan?s current upheaval beyond US control

He claims that the apology was made to save lives but two more soldiers were killed yesterday, rioters are still in the streets burning us in effigy. Our soldiers can't walk the streets in Afghanistan without fear for their lives thanks to Obama's apology.

The fact is he is responsible for this mess. He is ultimately responsible for foreign policy. If there is a problem with Qurans in the prison library you don't burn them. You turn them over to local religious leaders for disposal. At the very least you ask them what we should do with them.

This is what happens in just about every Muslim country we help. First they're grateful for our help. Then the radicals start bitching and moaning about infidels desecrating their country by our mere presence. Eventually they start trying to kill us. You have a choice in dealing with these people; Ether kiss their asses or tell them to STFU or risk serious consequences. Obama decided to kiss their asses and now the radicals are taking over, exactly what he claims he tried to prevent.

They are claiming that anti-US sentiments are currently at an all time high. PressTV - 'Human rights violations tarnish US image'
Iran is claiming that the United States is guilty of human rights violations.

Wow. All of those apologies are doing wonders to improve our image in the Muslim world.

3470829842_458365bea6.jpg

I also hear that his last golf score kept the Earth from spinning of its axis.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Another one of this administrations explanations that are becoming more commonplace:

"It may be bad, but imagine how much worse it would be if I didnt do what I did"

Notice how he never has the opportunity to brag about progress. He is always talking about how much worse things WOULD have been without him.

To Obama it is not about steps forward.

It is about having fewer steps backward.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
is there any real reason to believe it didn't in some way help? we do after all still have to work with the government in afghanistan.

any reason to believe that apologizing somehow made the violence worse?

Is there any reason to believe that what I ate for lunch didnt make the violence better?

i'll give you no effect. i can see people just not caring, although diplomatically it was the right move.

so let's say there was no upside. what's the downside to taking responsibility?

is there any real reason to believe it didn't in some way help? we do after all still have to work with the government in afghanistan.

Trying to change what he said now?

He said his apology calmed the Afghans, not reduce the violence marginally.
Why is it that every time President Obama opens his mouth we have to redefine the English language?

Last edited:

Is there any reason to believe that what I ate for lunch didnt make the violence better?

i'll give you no effect. i can see people just not caring, although diplomatically it was the right move.

There really is no downside. I don't criticize him for apologizing. He should have...but he should also have expected that the apology would do nothing other than make the US come across as humane...and caring. So it was worth the apology and I commend him for it.

However, he is once again playing on the naevity of the people by claiming it as a productive move as it perttains to the violence against us. He should have been honest and said exactly what I said above.....

'humane and caring thing to do....and we didnt expect it to make them like us anymore.'

is there reason to believe it didn't?

what were you expecting? peace to break out over the apology? should we be able to withdraw everyone tomorrow because the president apologized? was that your expectation?

not everyone accepts apologies when offered. some might though. any reason to believe that nobody did, or that the apology did anything but improve the situation?

is there reason to believe it didn't?

what were you expecting? peace to break out over the apology? should we be able to withdraw everyone tomorrow because the president apologized? was that your expectation?

not everyone accepts apologies when offered. some might though. any reason to believe that nobody did, or that the apology did anything but improve the situation?
is there any reason to believe that it didnt?
Yes.....Americans dead. Could have it been more? Maybe. Butg look at what is.

Sorry......dont say look at how I calmed them down. It is disingenuous.

Yet people outright believe it...and brag about his statesmenship becuase of it.

Americans dead and he is using it to score political points.

He should never have apologized. The people who he apologized to don't think we are caring and humane, they think we are weak and easily dominated. Had he not apologized, it would have been over quite quickly.

We aren't working with the government in Afghanistan. We are negotiating with the taliban to replace the government in Afghanistan. obama is working towards refashioning Afghanistan exactly the way it was.

With Obama there is no up side. Only various levels of downside.
Also, he already attempted to blame this on Bush.

White House blames Bush for Afghanistan turmoil « Tarpon's Swamp

You wouldn't expect obama to take responsibility for what he did do you? obama snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's the stupid shit he does and says like this that make Americans look like complete idiots for putting him in office.

What an embarrassment.

apology-tour.gif

Obama Says Afghan Apology Calmed Anti-US Violence

They've been playing a video of Obama this morning saying that his apology calmed things down in Afghanistan.

I burst out loud laughing when I saw this.

This guy just can't stop lying. He has to put a spin on everything he says to the point that it loses it's meaning.

He says his apology calmed things down, but he also said we're not out of the woods yet.
Obama says Afghan apology calmed anti-US violence
WTF???

If it calmed things down we wouldn't be in the woods. PressTV - Afghanistan?s current upheaval beyond US control

He claims that the apology was made to save lives but two more soldiers were killed yesterday, rioters are still in the streets burning us in effigy. Our soldiers can't walk the streets in Afghanistan without fear for their lives thanks to Obama's apology.

The fact is he is responsible for this mess. He is ultimately responsible for foreign policy. If there is a problem with Qurans in the prison library you don't burn them. You turn them over to local religious leaders for disposal. At the very least you ask them what we should do with them.

This is what happens in just about every Muslim country we help. First they're grateful for our help. Then the radicals start bitching and moaning about infidels desecrating their country by our mere presence. Eventually they start trying to kill us. You have a choice in dealing with these people; Ether kiss their asses or tell them to STFU or risk serious consequences. Obama decided to kiss their asses and now the radicals are taking over, exactly what he claims he tried to prevent.

They are claiming that anti-US sentiments are currently at an all time high. PressTV - 'Human rights violations tarnish US image'
Iran is claiming that the United States is guilty of human rights violations.

Wow. All of those apologies are doing wonders to improve our image in the Muslim world.

3470829842_458365bea6.jpg

by whose standards?

We have...is it 6 now? Soldiers killed over this now! Where the hell is Obama? Why hasn't he said one word about these murders? He jumped right in there an apologized over burning some books...but not ONE WORD about these Americans killed over it!

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
His apology obviously fell on deaf ears.

Hope he apologises to the families of those that have been murdered by these dirtbags. That would have happened whether he apologised or not. Religious fanatics are beyond reason of any kind.

I'm sure the Taliban will be in control again once we pull out. Only good thing is that the poppy fields will be gone. Karsai and his brother will flee for their lives.

Hope Karsai gets his ass killed. Useless fuck.

The two soldiers killed this morning, like the two killed originally, and the two officers shot to death were murdered by Afghans ON THE military base. This morning it was an Afghan soldier and a teacher. ON THE BASE. Not attacking the base.

Has obama ordered every Afghan off the military base? No. These deaths are obama's fault, completely.

2 US Troops Killed In Afghanistan Following Quran Burning | Fox News

Seems to me that the Generals in charge should have ordered all Afghanis off the base especially since they were burning Barry in effigy.

Wonder why they didn't??

Religious fanatics are bat shit crazy and the powers that be should have anticipated this kind of reaction.

The Generals are boots on the ground and I think I would blame them before Barry Boy.

The two soldiers killed this morning, like the two killed originally, and the two officers shot to death were murdered by Afghans ON THE military base. This morning it was an Afghan soldier and a teacher. ON THE BASE. Not attacking the base.

Has obama ordered every Afghan off the military base? No. These deaths are obama's fault, completely.

Seems to me that the Generals in charge should have ordered all Afghanis off the base especially since they were burning Barry in effigy.

Wonder why they didn't??

Religious fanatics are bat shit crazy and the powers that be should have anticipated this kind of reaction.

The Generals are boots on the ground and I think I would blame them before Barry Boy.

The generals know that their careers hang on not offending the dictator. Had a base commander ordered all Afghans removed, the King would object and punish them for discrimination. You can't have the CIC apologize and the base commander punish at the same time.

Wonder why they didn't??

The generals know that their careers hang on not offending the dictator. Had a base commander ordered all Afghans removed, the King would object and punish them for discrimination. You can't have the CIC apologize and the base commander punish at the same time.

One would think that the Generals would have discussed the possibility of something like this hapening with Barry and company.

Sure hope they weren't ordered to leave Afghanis on the base.

Of course we will probably never know the true facts now will we??

Forum List

Back