Obama Says He Deserves a Second Term; Let's Consider

Really? There is not difference between the words deserve and earn but their pronunciation?

Shit then I deserve all kinds of shit I don't have why don't you give them to me after all deserve is the same as earned right?

I think if you say that you deserve something, you're obviously implying that you somehow earned it.

Not even CLOSE.

That might be one of the indications that something is very wrong with the liberal mentality.

I disagree...

If one feels they deserve something, then they must beleive in their own mind that they earned it.

It does not mean that you and I feel they earned it.....but they do.

Really? There is not difference between the words deserve and earn but their pronunciation?

Shit then I deserve all kinds of shit I don't have why don't you give them to me after all deserve is the same as earned right?

I think if you say that you deserve something, you're obviously implying that you somehow earned it.

Not even CLOSE.

That might be one of the indications that something is very wrong with the liberal mentality.

Actually, what it indicates to me is that the "liberal mentality" cannot recognize the concept of deserving without first earning. Earning would seem to be an indespensible prerequisite for deserving, according to the "liberal mentality." It's understood that one who deserves has already earned. This suggests an inherent work ethic centered on hard work and justice in rewards, where it's unfathomable for someone to lay claim to anything before they've earned it.

Unlike the "conservative mentality," apparently, which seems to be a-okay with people deserving things distinct with whether they were earned first or not. The conservative mentality seems to presume that anything one has has been deserved, and that anything deserved has been earned. Thus, Paris Hilton, who has much, is presumed to "deserve" everything she has, just because she has it. And consequently, she's "earned" everything that she has. Understanding that she's not done a productive day's work in her life, we can see that the conservative mindset seems to incorporate a very weak work ethic based on an entitlement complex whereby one is owed what they have coming to them, regardless of what one does to earn it in the first place.

Not even CLOSE.

Actually, what it indicates to me is that the "liberal mentality" cannot recognize the concept of deserving without first earning. Earning would seem to be an indespensible prerequisite for deserving, according to the "liberal mentality." It's understood that one who deserves has already earned. This suggests an inherent work ethic centered on hard work and justice in rewards, where it's unfathomable for someone to lay claim to anything before they've earned it.

Unlike the "conservative mentality," apparently, which seems to be a-okay with people deserving things distinct with whether they were earned first or not. The conservative mentality seems to presume that anything one has has been deserved, and that anything deserved has been earned. Thus, Paris Hilton, who has much, is presumed to "deserve" everything she has, just because she has it. And consequently, she's "earned" everything that she has. Understanding that she's not done a productive day's work in her life, we can see that the conservative mindset seems to incorporate a very weak work ethic based on an entitlement complex whereby one is owed what they have coming to them, regardless of what one does to earn it in the first place.

Disclaimer*

I do NOT speak for any "liberal mentality."

And being labeled as such would be a convenient way to side skirt any points I ever actually make as opposed to having cordial conversation.

No President has ever had the arrogance to say he deserves another term.

what an arrogant fuck the libs blindly support.

EVERY president who ever ran for reelection said that they deserved a second term

Forum List

Back