Obama Says He Deserves a Second Term; Let's Consider

Whoosh..over your head.

But in any case..of course you would.

Conservatives love Monarchies. And Monarchs generally claim they were chosen by god to lead.

Stereotyping and what not, sir ^

Nope.

Conservative governments include Monarchies, Oligarchies, Aristocracies, Theocracies, Dictatorships, and Totalitarian Regimes. A common thread among these sorts of governments is that the common man is taken out of the equation. Conservatives generally loath Democracy on any level. They believe the rich and powerful are ordained by a deity to rule.

You're painting with a broad brush, and there's a Conservative in this very thread that told you explicitly that he doesn't feel that way, which makes it a fallacy right then and then for you to have "broad brushed" instead of qualifying it with something like, "some," or "x-percent" (most appropriate).

Nope.

Conservative governments include Monarchies, Oligarchies, Aristocracies, Theocracies, Dictatorships, and Totalitarian Regimes. A common thread among these sorts of governments is that the common man is taken out of the equation. Conservatives generally loath Democracy on any level. They believe the rich and powerful are ordained by a deity to rule.

You're painting with a broad brush, and there's a Conservative in this very thread that told you explicitly that he doesn't feel that way, which makes it a fallacy right then and then for you to have "broad brushed" instead of qualifying it with something like, "some," or "x-percent" (most appropriate).

Make it two now.

No President has ever had the arrogance to say he deserves another term.

what an arrogant fuck the libs blindly support.

Yeah..it's not like any President or candidate for the office has ever said something like "God chose me to lead the nation.."

Oh wait..

Bush says God chose him to lead his nation | World news | The Observer
Bush said to James Robinson: 'I feel like God wants me to run for President. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. Something is going to happen... I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it.'
Michele Bachmann: "God Calling on Me to Run"
"God then called me to run for the United States Congress. And I thought, what in the world would that be for? And my husband said, "You need to do this," Bachmann said at The Living Word Christian Center, a megachurch in Minnesota, during her campaign.
Is God Really Telling Rick Perry to Run for President? - Thomas Byrne Edsall - Politics - The Atlantic
"At 27 years old, I knew that I had been called to the ministry. I've just always been really stunned by how big a pulpit I was gonna have. I still am. I truly believe with all my heart that God has put me in this place at this time to do his will."

No, no, no. That's not entitlement. That's not arrogance. All those people are saying that it's their first amendment right to be President.

There's so many creative ways to prove your innocense.

#1. Make them sign a contract stating that they agree to sign in, each and every time they check in for an interview.

#2. Keep your sign in log, dated, etc.

#3. Invest in a time & date stamped security camera.

Case blown out of the water, good bye.

you dont understand...

We keep (kept, Im done as I told you) EXCELLENT records...

However, we need to have an attorney present those records at a hearing...or even worse...in a court...

It is not an issue of not being able to prove our innocence..

It is an issue of the cost to do so.

Sure, I can counter sue the claimant for my legal costs.

You try that and see how long your company stays in business with a reputation of suing the unemployed and the destitute...

Trust me...I wanted to get those gamers...

My attorney suggested I keep my mouth shut

Bear in mind....NYC and NYS are blue states...

What I KNOW is happening, the politicians deny is happening.

I dont think we're going to ever agree on this one, and I'm being the one to drop it.

*dropped*

Cool.
But on a similar topic...tell me what you would have done with this one....and it happens regularly...

UR (unemployment rep): When is Mr. Doe scheduled for an interview
Me: Tuesday at 3
UR (on Wednesday): How did Mr. Doe do on his interview
Me: He did not show. He did not call. He did not cancel. He just did not show.
UR: When is he rescheduled?
Me: He is not rescheduled. He did not show and that is not acceptable without a phone call.
UR: But that is not one of the answers. It must be one of the following:
1) the position was filled
2) the candidate got a job before the scheduled interview
3) the requirements of the job have changed and he is no longer qualified
4) ther employer or candidate needed to reschedule due to a trime conflict
Me: None of the above. He simply did not show.
UR: Since that is not an answer, I will say it will be rescheduled on his record. Please advise us as to when it is rescheduled.

No joke....that is what I used to get regularly.

Nope.

What "broad brush". Seriously? Consevatives hold that "Democracy" is "Two Wolves and a Lamb voting what to have for Dinner". You see conservative effort after effort to suppress the vote. Notice the current configuration of the Republican Party? If Romney runs..he's a super wealthy guy that basically is wealthy by birth. Same with the Bushies. Bush was a prime example of what Conservatives love..Dynastic rule.

They don't like "compromise".
They don't like "mixed government".
They don't like "progress".

It's a lockstep mentality based on tradition and hegemony.

Last edited:
Whoosh..over your head.

But in any case..of course you would.

Conservatives love Monarchies. And Monarchs generally claim they were chosen by god to lead.

Nope.

Sallow...

Question...

Are you aware that in "other" countries, the conservatives have a "liberal view" and progressives have the views of what we refer to as conserrvatism?

In other words, do you know why conservatives are referred to as conservatives?

you dont understand...

We keep (kept, Im done as I told you) EXCELLENT records...

However, we need to have an attorney present those records at a hearing...or even worse...in a court...

It is not an issue of not being able to prove our innocence..

It is an issue of the cost to do so.

Sure, I can counter sue the claimant for my legal costs.

You try that and see how long your company stays in business with a reputation of suing the unemployed and the destitute...

Trust me...I wanted to get those gamers...

My attorney suggested I keep my mouth shut

Bear in mind....NYC and NYS are blue states...

What I KNOW is happening, the politicians deny is happening.

I dont think we're going to ever agree on this one, and I'm being the one to drop it.

*dropped*

Cool.
But on a similar topic...tell me what you would have done with this one....and it happens regularly...

Me: He is not rescheduled. He did not show and that is not acceptable without a phone call.
UR: Since that is not an answer, I will say it will be rescheduled on his record. Please advise us as to when it is rescheduled.

Personally?

My customer is the Employer, who expects me to find a qualified candidate. I'd let the UE office know that I'm not comfortable recommending said schmuck for this particular position because he doesn't meet the job's posted requirements: reliability/timeliness, and that said schmuck will no longer be interviewing for this position.

Beyond that, I'm sure the employer would agree with your action and you could jointly figure it out amongst your two lawyers and if the State wants to take legal action, you have a great opportunity for some good money being that it's versus the State, not some schm,uck who cannot pay. I sincerely doubt that that's a losing case; in fact, I can't think of any scenario it can be argued that it is, especially if, as you say, you have it on good record that the candidate no called/no showed.

*dropped*

Cool.

Personally?

My customer is the Employer, who expects me to find a qualified candidate. I'd let the UE office know that I'm not comfortable recommending said schmuck for this particular position because he doesn't meet the job's posted requirements: reliability/timeliness, and that said schmuck will no longer be interviewing for this position.

Beyond that, I'm sure the employer would agree with your action and you could jointly figure it out amongst your two lawyers and if the State wants to take legal action, you have a great opportunity for some good money being that it's versus the State, not some schm,uck who cannot pay. I sincerely doubt that that's a losing case; in fact, I can't think of any scenario it can be argued that it is, especially if, as you say, you have it on good record that the candidate no called/no showed.

Let me explain.

I did what I had to do...told the truth...and did not rescheduled the candidates...EVER.
But unemployment insisted on putting on the applicants official record "it will be rescheduled"
"No show for an interview" is not an option.
So when that candate is reviewed for an extension of benefits, his lack of desire to find a job is not on the record.

Cool.

Personally?

Let me explain.

I did what I had to do...told the truth...and did not rescheduled the candidates...EVER.
But unemployment insisted on putting on the applicants official record "it will be rescheduled"
So when that candate is reviewed for an extension of benefits, his lack of desire to find a job is not on the record.

I linked to you before the form you can fill out when one is misusing the Benefit, and in this case - you'd get a lot of good publicity, assuming you do keep good records as you say.

Personally?

Let me explain.

I linked to you before the form you can fill out when one is misusing the Benefit, and in this case - you'd get a lot of good publicity, assuming you do keep good records as you say.

it is not a form my industry has the luxury of using iun NYC....we must respond to calls form the UR's....
Like I said...you are not in my buisness....certainly not here in NYC.....we have very stringenet regulations we must follow.
And like I said...we have opposition from the politicians....they do not WANT us to have the right to tell the truth for it will make them look like they are full of crap when they calim that NO ONE is gaming the game.

Why do you think "no show for an interview" is not on the list of reasons why a candidate did not interview?

Let me explain.

it is not a form my industry has the luxury of using iun NYC....we must respond to calls form the UR's....
Like I said...you are not in my buisness....certainly not here in NYC.....we have very stringenet regulations we must follow.
And like I said...we have opposition from the politicians....they do not WANT us to have the right to tell the truth for it will make them look like they are full of crap when they calim that NO ONE is gaming the game.

Why do you think "no show for an interview" is not on the list of reasons why a candidate did not interview?

I dont know, why havent you publicised the issue?

Nope.

Sallow...

Question...

Are you aware that in "other" countries, the conservatives have a "liberal view" and progressives have the views of what we refer to as conserrvatism?

What "other" country are you referring too?

Like in the case of Saudi Arabia..I suppose some American Conservatives might be viewed as "Liberal". But that's one example of a very conservative country.

you know GT...I have done much for my industry and my community. I have been the chapter president of my trade association where we discussed issues such as these. We have drafted letters to the NYC mayor (Guiliani as well as Bloomberg), Schumer, Clinton (when she was)...and we never got any type of actual response of any value...other than "we are looking into your claims" or "that is not what our studies show".....

You learn to back off. I have seen people dragged through the mud when they went public with something they found that was adverse to what the politicians claimed....

It just isnt worth it.

I am not apathetic...I just know when you cant fight city hall.

you know GT...I have done much for my industry and my community. I have been the chapter president of my trade association where we discussed issues such as these. We have drafted letters to the NYC mayor (Guiliani as well as Bloomberg), Schumer, Clinton (when she was)...and we never got any type of actual response of any value...other than "we are looking into your claims" or "that is not what our studies show".....

You learn to back off. I have seen people dragged through the mud when they went public with something they found that was adverse to what the politicians claimed....

It just isnt worth it.

I cant think of a more clear cut, and easily documentable case. I'm keeping it real. And the form I mentioned is for all of NYS (regarding abuse of UE). Like I said, we're just not ever going to agree on this issue.

Nope.

Sallow...

Question...

What "other" country are you referring too?

Like in the case of Saudi Arabia..I suppose some American Conservatives might be viewed as "Liberal". But that's one example of a very conservative country.

A conservative UNIVERSALLY refers to one that wants it to stay as it was.
It does not refer to any particular ideology.

So in a Monarchy, the conservative party wants it to stay as a Monarchy.

In a socialistic state, a conservative wants large government controlling the people....where a progressive wants tyo eliminate socialism (as an example).

Me...as a conserevative...and contrary to your braod brush stereotyping....I want debate...I have said many times on here that as a conservative, I would be against a conservative president AND a consertvative majority in the house AND a conservative majority in the senate....all at the same time.

It was a borad bursuhed stereotype.....and either a false premise on your part or you are more partisan than I realized.

Funny, how wing nuts have nothing but tomato/tomato complaints.

Really? There is not difference between the words deserve and earn but their pronunciation?

Shit then I deserve all kinds of shit I don't have why don't you give them to me after all deserve is the same as earned right?

I think if you say that you deserve something, you're obviously implying that you somehow earned it.

Not even CLOSE.

That might be one of the indications that something is very wrong with the liberal mentality.

It just isnt worth it.

I cant think of a more clear cut, and easily documentable case. I'm keeping it real. And the form I mentioned is for all of NYS (regarding abuse of UE). Like I said, we're just not ever going to agree on this issue.

Nope...we will not.
But last word...
I have (had) a responsibility to run my business....support my family....and keep my employees well fed and happy.
I pay politicians to keep agencies such as unemplyment in check.
If they wanted to ignore my concerns, there was not much more I can do....so I didnt.

Really? There is not difference between the words deserve and earn but their pronunciation?

Shit then I deserve all kinds of shit I don't have why don't you give them to me after all deserve is the same as earned right?

I think if you say that you deserve something, you're obviously implying that you somehow earned it.

Not even CLOSE.

That might be one of the indications that something is very wrong with the liberal mentality.

oh stfu with your platitudes. You just said NOTHING.

Forum List

Back