Obama Says He Deserves a Second Term; Let's Consider

Why would we CARE about what rush Limbaughs brother has to say about anything?

No President has ever had the arrogance to say he deserves another term.

what an arrogant fuck the libs blindly support.

Wait now, did you fact check this or just post it out of spite? I'll give ya a shot.

I searched, and have found no President to have claimed they deserved re-election.

By his own standards of having to have the economy going great and UE down, he should not vote for himself.

I think if you say that you deserve something, you're obviously implying that you somehow earned it.

I don't think that at all.

Give me an example of something someone deserves but did not earn the right to deserve.

Easy. I'll give you 2

Grading on a curve.

You didn't earn an A but it is somehow considered that you deserve one.

How about social promotion in schools? Kids don't earn a pass to the next grade but they are considered to deserve it.

Really? There is not difference between the words deserve and earn but their pronunciation?

Shit then I deserve all kinds of shit I don't have why don't you give them to me after all deserve is the same as earned right?

I think if you say that you deserve something, you're obviously implying that you somehow earned it.

if one has not earned what they believe they deserve, then they believe in "entitlements"...for one should never believe they deserve anything they did not actually earn.

I agree.

I also think the term entitlements is a gross mischaracterization of our safety nets and their purpose.

Obama's reasoning for him deserving another term is that he didn't finish what he said he would do in his first term.

I find that funny.

Wait now, did you fact check this or just post it out of spite? I'll give ya a shot.

I searched, and have found no President to have claimed they deserved re-election.

By his own standards of having to have the economy going great and UE down, he should not vote for himself.

Before or after you posted it? A bit of honesty....

Also - the Economy is on a steady incline.

Really? There is no difference between the words deserve and earn but their pronunciation?

Contextually, there is very little difference in this case. Asking the President whether he deserves a second term implies an inquiry into whether he can demonstrate that he has earned a second term. By answering in the affirmative that he deserves a second term, he is affirming that he has earned it.

You're making mountains out of shit piles. If I approach my boss at work and tell him it's high time he gave me a raise, and he says "I don't think you deserve a raise" then I'll look right back at him and say "Yes, I do think I deserve one." That doesn't mean that either one of us is neglecting the concept of whether I've earned a raise. It would be understood that he is denying whether I've earned one, and that I would be arguing that I have indeed earned one.

I don't think that at all.

Give me an example of something someone deserves but did not earn the right to deserve.

Easy. I'll give you 2

Grading on a curve.

How about social promotion in schools? Kids don't earn a pass to the next grade but they are considered to deserve it.

you earned the A by having one of the top grades in the class if the test is curved.

it is all relative...

Obama is right in my eyes......whereas I dont believe he has earned a 2nd term personally, I believe, based on his ideology, he has good reason to believe has has eanred and therefore deserves a second term.

Earning and thus deserving is in the eyes of the person himself.

Before or after you posted it? A bit of honesty....

Also - the Economy is on a steady incline.

pfft

I never ever heard of such arrogance. any such statement in history would have been the source of great ridicule.

I searched b/c I thought you had heard of one of them making the claim.

and the economy is still shit. By his own standards, he should not get re-elected.

I searched, and have found no President to have claimed that they were not a drag dressing Martian.

Easy. I'll give you 2

Grading on a curve.

you earned the A by having one of the top grades in the class if the test is curved.

it is all relative...

Obama is right in my eyes......whereas I dont believe he has earned a 2nd term personally, I believe, based on his ideology, he has good reason to believe has has eanred and therefore deserves a second term.

Earning and thus deserving is in the eyes of the person himself.

Sorry but getting 80 out of 100 for example is not earning an A.

Grades are not subjective you either know the material or you don't.

I searched, and have found no President to have claimed that they were not a drag dressing Martian.

I dont know why you want to make yourself look stupid, but thats your gig.

I deserve reelection - Bing

Note the tag has no mention of person.

I think his point is that things are on their way.

My 401k rebounded.

My home value is going up.

Manufacturing is up.

My taxes are down.

That's basically all I care about. The Government doesn't run my life.

if one has not earned what they believe they deserve, then they believe in "entitlements"...for one should never believe they deserve anything they did not actually earn.

I agree.

I also think the term entitlements is a gross mischaracterization of our safety nets and their purpose.

yes..the term entitlement is inappropriate...they are entitlements to a small minority...and I am sure you can not deny that there is a small minority of people that feel they "deserve" their entitlements...even though they have done nothing to earn them.

I think his point is that things are on their way.

My 401k rebounded.

My home value is going up.

Manufacturing is up.

My taxes are down.

That's basically all I care about. The Government doesn't run my life.

true..

But it has been 3 years...with or without "policy" from Wasnington, our need for goods and services would have triggered the economy anyway.

I agree.

yes..the term entitlement is inappropriate...they are entitlements to a small minority...and I am sure you can not deny that there is a small minority of people that feel they "deserve" their entitlements...even though they have done nothing to earn them.

Yea, a small minority. but I'm sorry to all of the stereotypes out there that I won't accept - I grew up in the ghetto and quite frankly have never met anyone on Welfare that was content with their financial or employment situation.

Forum List

Back