Obama pays less than a third on taxes

just for fun i went back and looked up bush's first white house tax return and clintons.....

anyone want to take a guess how they compare to obama's 2.7 million....

you didn't answer my questions...again

Yes I did

No I don't

obama is a hypocrite, thanks for that

No he isn't.

Horse dead enough yet?

trust me, go back and read....you did not answer my question and if you don't believe that you must act only when the government says so.....then you agree with me.

you have said that obama didn't need to pay more because the tax code said he didn't. you have said that one doesn't need the government to tell them what to do. obama, as you rightfully said, says those who make over 250K should pay MORE taxes as the government needs MORE revenue.

your argument is that obama shouldn't have to because the tax code says he doesn't.

you admit that one doesn't need the government to force you to act on your beliefs.

therefore, obama doesn't need a government tax code to tell him to pay more in taxes in order to help america or raise revenue as you say.....

I never said Obama couldn't pay more if he wanted to. Of course he could. Anyone could. So what? I said, "why should he" and that he is not hypocritical for not doing so. Because he's never claimed anyone else should more than they have to.

You can go around all day. Just because someone thinks the Govt needs to raise taxes to get more revenue or whatever reason does not make that person a hypocrite for not personally volunteering to send more the to Govt. The issue is whether as a policy matter the Govt needs more revenues. Once taxes are raised, I'm sure Obama will pay the extra tax like everyone else. If he didn't then you could call him a hypocrite.

Again its no more hypocritical than expecting Bush to spend his own money to pay for Iraq. Why isn't that hypocritical in your view? He expects everyone else to pay for it. Why aren't you calling him a hypocrite for not sending his personal assets to the Pentagon.

It's silly.

I never said Obama couldn't pay more if he wanted to. Of course he could. Anyone could. So what? I said, "why should he" and that he is not hypocritical for not doing so. Because he's never claimed anyone else should more than they have to.

it is hypocritical. bush tax cuts are bad and need to be repealed, but i will use bush tax cuts in paying my taxes. the rich should pay MORE in taxes, but i will use whatever legal means possible to pay as little as possible even though i fit my own definition of rich.

You can go around all day. Just because someone thinks the Govt needs to raise taxes to get more revenue or whatever reason does not make that person a hypocrite for not personally volunteering to send more the to Govt. The issue is whether as a policy matter the Govt needs more revenues. Once taxes are raised, I'm sure Obama will pay the extra tax like everyone else. If he didn't then you could call him a hypocrite

it absolutely does. the government needs more revenue, we need (the rich) to pay MORE taxes to help america, but i will use whatever legal means necessary, including using bush's tax cuts that i said are bad for america, to pay as little taxes as possible.

Again its no more hypocritical than expecting Bush to spend his own money to pay for Iraq. Why isn't that hypocritical in your view? He expects everyone else to pay for it. Why aren't you calling him a hypocrite for not sending his personal assets to the Pentagon.

It's silly.

you're going in circles...once again, your analogy is flawed. bush did spend his own money, he paid his taxes. bush never advocated that anyone pay out of their own pocket. if bush had said that we need to pay more taxes to fight the iraq war and then he used whatever means possible to pay as little as possible, then he would be a hypocrite. but bush lowered taxes.

are you honestly proposing that anytime a president authorizes action, or congress wants a road built, if they don't pay extra money out of their pocket and build the road themselves, they are hypocritical???? and its funny, because you're calling obama a hypocrite as he wants more troops and money for afghanistan yet he is paying as little taxes as possible and not fighting over there himself.

as you said...silly

just for fun i went back and looked up bush's first white house tax return and clintons.....

anyone want to take a guess how they compare to obama's 2.7 million....
Did they write any bestselling books?

obama kept his book profits....the others donated all theirs....

did not know that...i thought clinton kept a chunk of his book profits, maybe i'm remembering speaking profits...

if what you say is so, that is funny!

it is hypocritical. bush tax cuts are bad and need to be repealed, but i will use bush tax cuts in paying my taxes. the rich should pay MORE in taxes, but i will use whatever legal means possible to pay as little as possible even though i fit my own definition of rich.

Repetitive.

You can go around all day. Just because someone thinks the Govt needs to raise taxes to get more revenue or whatever reason does not make that person a hypocrite for not personally volunteering to send more the to Govt. The issue is whether as a policy matter the Govt needs more revenues. Once taxes are raised, I'm sure Obama will pay the extra tax like everyone else. If he didn't then you could call him a hypocrite

it absolutely does. the government needs more revenue, we need (the rich) to pay MORE taxes to help america, but i will use whatever legal means necessary, including using bush's tax cuts that i said are bad for america, to pay as little taxes as possible.

He would be irrational otherwise.

It's silly.

you're going in circles...once again, your analogy is flawed. bush did spend his own money, he paid his taxes. bush never advocated that anyone pay out of their own pocket. if bush had said that we need to pay more taxes to fight the iraq war and then he used whatever means possible to pay as little as possible, then he would be a hypocrite. but bush lowered taxes.

are you honestly proposing that anytime a president authorizes action, or congress wants a road built, if they don't pay extra money out of their pocket and build the road themselves, they are hypocritical???? and its funny, because you're calling obama a hypocrite as he wants more troops and money for afghanistan yet he is paying as little taxes as possible and not fighting over there himself.

as you said...silly

Bush got us into a war that was an additional expense that we have to pay for with taxes. Since he promoted that additional expense, he's therefore a hypocrite for not paying for it himself.

That's the same logic you are using.

I'm not saying anyone is hypocritical. You are.

Last edited:

Repetitive.

It's silly.

as you said...silly

Bush got us into a war that was an additional expense that we have to pay for with taxes. Since he promoted that additional expense, he's therefore a hypocrite for not paying for it himself.

did bush tell people that they need to pay more taxes for the war?

did obama tell people that the rich (himself) need to pay more taxes?

did obama tell people that bush's tax cuts were bad and need to be repealed?

simple yes or no

Repetitive.

as you said...silly

No he ran up a freaking trillion in debt. Whose gonna pay that? Is that what Obama should do? Be like Bush and run up trillions in debt to keep taxes low? Did Bush say he'd raise taxes? No! He put the nation $5 trillion more in debt! What kind of example is that?

That attitude is why the the freaking Govt is $11 trillion in debt! Just shut up, don't raise taxes, and run up the debt. We'll bitch about spending.

did obama tell people that the rich (himself) need to pay more taxes?

Eventually. No, not this year.

simple yes or no

Now you tell me.

Now I have a question for you. Is maximizing your personal wealth more important than the nation's financial health? Given that Obama is not going to cut spending, would you rather the nation borrowed trillions more dollars, or increase taxes and lower the deficit?

Last edited:
Repetitive.

No he ran up a freaking trillion in debt. Whose gonna pay that? Is that what Obama should do? Be like Bush and run up trillions in debt to keep taxes low? Did Bush say he'd raise taxes? No! He put the nation $5 trillion more in debt! What kind of example is that?

That attitude is why the the freaking Govt is $11 trillion in debt! Just shut up, don't raise taxes, and run up the debt. We'll bitch about spending.

simple yes or no

Now you tell me.

Now I have a question for you. Is maximizing your personal wealth more important than the nation's financial health? Given that Obama is not going to cut spending, would you rather the nation borrowed trillions more dollars, or increase taxes and lower the deficit?

i requested a yes or no answer. why did you not give one?

so laughing and clapping is a tantrum....no wonder you are going circles in this thread and can't answer simply questions....

No, Willow is breathlessly following my every post tonight to add a little comment against me or for whomever I'm debating.

His feelings got hurt yesterday because I questioned his patriotism when he wrote that he just as soon see "the fucking country" go bankrupt as pay any more in taxes. So he's throwing a little tantrum tonight.

Yesterday I read that Clinton earned approx. $107 million since he left the oval office. So, the years after presidency seem to be the real pay-off.

simple yes or no

Now you tell me.

i requested a yes or no answer. why did you not give one?

Because I can't give an accurate yes or no answer to an ambiguous question. For example, in your last question, did you mean this year or eventually?

But with that proviso, and the proviso you aren't letting me explain, I'll answer no, I don't know, I don't know.

No are you going to answer my question?

Given that Obama is not going to cut spending, would you rather the nation borrowed trillions more dollars, or increase taxes and lower the deficit?

Forum List

Back