Obama pays less than a third on taxes

The Prophet is just another dirt bag like the rest of us. Profession: salesman.

What, exactly, do we expect him to do regarding his taxes besides file like every other dirt bag.

His taxes aren't the problem. His idealism and personal ambition are.

And of course the majority still don't see those as "problems."

Obama: Job Ratings

You may not see this as a problem... But there are many, many, many posts from Democrats crying that the rich get all of the breaks and they can afford to hire good accountants who can get around these taxes...

Besides don't you remember Biden saying it's time to be patriotic, be part of the deal...etc...

It's just funny when Democrats get caught doing the same things they cry about...

Biden speaks?

I never listen to him.

Immie

Do we care?

You may not see this as a problem... But there are many, many, many posts from Democrats crying that the rich get all of the breaks and they can afford to hire good accountants who can get around these taxes...

Besides don't you remember Biden saying it's time to be patriotic, be part of the deal...etc...

It's just funny when Democrats get caught doing the same things they cry about...

Biden speaks?

I never listen to him.

Immie

Do we care?

Not one iota.

Immie

At least he's paying his taxes unlike some other politicians.

Yeah, like the ones, amongst other tax cheats, he's appointed to his administration. He's a real stand up guy leading by example.

You're right, of course. No Republican lawmaker or cabinet appointee has EVER tried to fudge on his tax returns. :lol:

If Democrats had decided to use the IRS as a tool to investigate Republican nominations to various posts, you can bet your sweet ass there would have been similar revelations.

The president wants to roll back the Bush tax cuts on the affluent, reinstating the 36 percent and 39.6 percent rates for those earning more than $250,000 (married) and $200,000 (single). He also called for a reinstatement of the "personal exemption phaseout" and limitation on the deductions applied to taxpayers earning more than the aforementioned incomes.

Obama Wants Higher Capital Gains Tax Rate: Too Far Or Not Enough?

see post above, obama did not do this, he took every exemption he could...and filed under bush's rate....why did he not walk the walk and file under his rate?
http://www.whitehouse.gov/assets/documents/president_federal1040.pdf

If he had, you and your ilk would be calling him a grandstander, a martyr for his cause, and a phony.

Admit it, the man can do nothing right in in the minds(?) of those who occupy your tiny little camp.

you're absolutely wrong...if he did that i would say good for him, practicing what he preaches....

don't let the partisan door hit you on the way out :eusa_whistle:

PubliusInfinitum said:
SPECIFICALLY... how did Bush screw us?

(Now enjoy how she answers this...

She'll cry about Bush being a strong advocate of American security in his prosecution of the war against Islamic terrorism...

and of course the deficit spending WHICH NO ONE SHOUTED LOUDER IN CONTEST OF THAT SPENDING THAN WE, THE AMERICANS, SHOUTED...

So she 'feels' that Bush screwed us... even while she applauds a much more egregeous screwing by The Lord of the Idiots and his leftist minions in the legislature.)

So where were you? I've been posting for almost 10 years, and I saw no one except those who appreciated Clinton's handling of the economy complaining about Bush's lavish spending. Where were the tea parties? Was FoxNews railing every night about increased deficit spending? Who but us were complaining that it is unthinkable to try to do two wars AND cut taxes at the same time. Were you? Did you write or email your own lawmakers then and demand that they stop bowing to every K-Street lobbyist (an increase of 50% in just five years)? Did Bush ever meet a spending bill he didn't like?

In Bush's first speech on the economy to a joint session in February 2001, he actually praised Clinton and the fact that he (Bush) was inheriting a budget surplus. After a glowing speech outlining his own plan to spend his "political capital," Bush even announced that he would have a trillion left over [for contingencies]. Happy talk, then he sunk the ship. Where was the outrage?

Bush Speech to Congress: 27 Feb 2001

um, we're talking about obama being a hypocrite on taxes....

there are 1 BILLION threads on the tea party issue....

so, do you agree this is hypocritical of obama?

At least he's paying his taxes unlike some other politicians.

Yeah, like the ones, amongst other tax cheats, he's appointed to his administration. He's a real stand up guy leading by example.

You're right, of course. No Republican lawmaker or cabinet appointee has EVER tried to fudge on his tax returns. :lol:

If Democrats had decided to use the IRS as a tool to investigate Republican nominations to various posts, you can bet your sweet ass there would have been similar revelations.

You can bet your own sweet ass that the Dems have NEVER passed up an opportunity to find dirt on anyone from the right.

You can bet your own sweet ass that the Dems have NEVER passed up an opportunity to find dirt on anyone from the right.

Agreed, but that is a two way street.

Our friends (and I use that term very loosely) in Washington are becoming more and more corrupt every day. Our freedoms are being stolen by our friends in Washington regardless of which side of the aisle they sit on. And it seems that we are powerless to stop them.

Immie

Our friends (and I use that term very loosely) in Washington are becoming more and more corrupt every day. Our freedoms are being stolen by our friends in Washington regardless of which side of the aisle they sit on. And it seems that we are powerless to stop them.

Immie

We become powerless when we become apathetic. Plenty of people were bitching about Bush from both sides, or he would have left office with a much higher approval rating. For some reason many on the left want to have tunnel vision and focus on those from the right who didn't speak out loudly enough, while ignoring those of us who did. It's just a lame attempt to silence the dissenters, and hopefully people will just feel more empowered to stand up and make their voice heard.

Immie

We become powerless when we become apathetic. Plenty of people were bitching about Bush from both sides, or he would have left office with a much higher approval rating. For some reason many on the left want to have tunnel vision and focus on those from the right who didn't speak out loudly enough, while ignoring those of us who did. It's just a lame attempt to silence the dissenters, and hopefully people will just feel more empowered to stand up and make their voice heard.

They don't listen to anyone---people should be aware of that by now. Scream your bloody heads off. Talk is cheap.

Immie

They don't listen to anyone---people should be aware of that by now. Scream your bloody heads off. Talk is cheap.

So roll over and take it quietly up the ass. Whatever works for you, chief.:lol:

so if i tell people that paying 10% taxes harms america and instead we need to pay 20%. and i don't pay 20% taxes that would benefit america because i don't legally have to...i'm not a hypocrite....

sorry, but that is the very definition of hypocrisy....hypocrisy does not require you to be legally compelled to do something. if you say someone should do this and then you don't do "this", that is hypocritical.

PubliusInfinitum said:
SPECIFICALLY... how did Bush screw us?

(Now enjoy how she answers this...

She'll cry about Bush being a strong advocate of American security in his prosecution of the war against Islamic terrorism...

and of course the deficit spending WHICH NO ONE SHOUTED LOUDER IN CONTEST OF THAT SPENDING THAN WE, THE AMERICANS, SHOUTED...

So she 'feels' that Bush screwed us... even while she applauds a much more egregeous screwing by The Lord of the Idiots and his leftist minions in the legislature.)

So where were you? I've been posting for almost 10 years, and I saw no one except those who appreciated Clinton's handling of the economy complaining about Bush's lavish spending. Where were the tea parties? Was FoxNews railing every night about increased deficit spending? Who but us were complaining that it is unthinkable to try to do two wars AND cut taxes at the same time. Were you? Did you write or email your own lawmakers then and demand that they stop bowing to every K-Street lobbyist (an increase of 50% in just five years)? Did Bush ever meet a spending bill he didn't like?

In Bush's first speech on the economy to a joint session in February 2001, he actually praised Clinton and the fact that he (Bush) was inheriting a budget surplus. After a glowing speech outlining his own plan to spend his "political capital," Bush even announced that he would have a trillion left over [for contingencies]. Happy talk, then he sunk the ship. Where was the outrage?

Whether you agree with it or not, smart, knowledgeable people including from both the Bush administration and this one say we are in the worst financial crises in 80 years and in real danger of a depression. And whether you agree with it or not, smart, knowledgeable people including from both the Bush administration and this one believe that it is essential to inject liquidity and stimulus into the banking system and economy to keep it from going over the cliff.

Personally, given the fact that as a magna cum laud graduate of HLS and editor of the Harvard Law Review Obama could have made top salary at any wall street firm and passed it up, I don't think he's spending these $$ on wall street because he's a fan of the club.

So IMO, to look at Obama's spending in this crisis he inhereted and bitch about his spending after the Bush administration ran up $5 trillion in debt is just ludicrous.

I have been one of the loudest critics of the debt the Bush administation ran up. And if, after this crisis is over and the economy is back on its feet, Obama doesn't take steps to work down the deficit, I promise I will be right there with you criticizing his policies.

But this particular moment is not a fair time to be assessing his spending priorities.

Last edited:

So roll over and take it quietly up the ass. Whatever works for you, chief.:lol:

no thanks-- I'll watch you take it up the ass while you think your voice is being heard. They are deaf and you are only preaching the the choir that does nothing too.

Whether you agree with it or not, smart, knowledgeable people including from both the Bush administration and this one say we are in the worst financial crises in 80 years and in real danger of a depression. And whether you agree with it or not, smart, knowledgeable people including from both the Bush administration and this one believe that it is essential to inject liquidity and stimulus into the banking system and economy to keep it from going over the cliff.

Personally, given the fact that as a magna cum laud graduate of HLS and editor of the Harvard Law Review Obama could have made top salary at any wall street firm and passed it up, I don't think he's spending these $$ on wall street because he's a fan of the club.

So IMO, to look at Obama's spending in this crisis he inhereted and bitch about his spending after the Bush administration ran up $5 trillion in debt is just ludicrous.

I have been one of the loudest critics of the debt the Bush administation ran up. And if, after this crisis is over and the economy is back on its feet, Obama doesn't take steps to work down the deficit, I promise I will be right there with you criticizing his policies.

But this particular moment is not a fair time to be assessing his spending priorities.

good lord, aren't there enough tea bag party threads....

you missed this post 58:

so then obama is a hypocrite because he won't pay for afghanistan which he has promoted expanding that war and has ordered additional troops and funding for.... with his own money and will not go there personally and fight....

at least you admit obama is a hypocrite on something, even if you can't see the blatent hypocrisy on the tax things, good for you!

so if i tell people that paying 10% taxes harms america and instead we need to pay 20%. and i don't pay 20% taxes that would benefit america because i don't legally have to...i'm not a hypocrite....

sorry, but that is the very definition of hypocrisy....hypocrisy does not require you to be legally compelled to do something. if you say someone should do this and then you don't do "this", that is hypocritical.

I can see we're going to beat the dead horse for awhile.

Let's try this. In one case, Obama is talking about national policy he (and others) believe is improtant for the nation. In the other case, Obama is acting as an individual in paying his own taxes. He's acting in two separate capacities.

Just like I didn't expect Bush to send his personal wealth to the Pentagon just because he thought (hopefully its what he though) it was in the nation's interest to attack Iraq.

And unlike Bush, who didn't have to himself go to Iraq, Obama in fact will be paying higher taxes when his tax policies are implemented. So in a real sense he will be self sacrificing for what he believes is necessary.

See the difference?

Last edited:

I can see we're going to beat the dead horse for awhile.

Let's try this. In one case, Obama is talking about national policy he (and others) believe is necessary for the nation. In the other case, Obama is acting as an individual in paying his own taxes. He's acting in two separate capacities.

Just like I didn't expect Bush to send his personal wealth to the Pentagon just because he thought (hopefully) it was in the nation's interest to attack Iraq.

See the difference?

its not dead, just because you can't admit the hypocrisy doesn't mean its dead....

answer the question:

what does legal obligation have to do with hypocrisy? you have yet to answer how telling someone to do one thing while you do another just because you are not legally compelled to, is not hypocrisy...

simply running around saying its a dead horse does not change the fact that you have failed to address this. and no, obama has said all those making over 250K....that necessarily includes him as an individual.

no thanks-- I'll watch you take it up the ass while you think your voice is being heard. They are deaf and you are only preaching the the choir that does nothing too.

You wish, dildo.:tongue:

Forum List

Back