Obama must be saying, "See what I had to deal with?"

The sad thing is that you folks on the left don't grasp the concept that Congress isn't there to churn out laws that don't work. The Founding Fathers deliberately crafted our government so that it WASN'T easy to pass laws. They did so because the passage of too many laws is usually a bad thing...not a good thing.
What a ridiculous statement

Their job is to do what needs doing in this country. They would rather that nothing be done than see something done that helps the other side

What's ridiculous is that you equate volume with quality when it comes to passage of legislation. ObamaCare was passed but it's probably the most poorly written piece of legislation ever...so is that doing the "job" of doing what needs doing?

Call me crazy but I'd rather that Congress do nothing than pass a bill that's garbage.
The do nothing Republican Congress has neither quality or quantity. They have no single meaningful piece of legislation. They can't even complete trivial legislation to allow the government to function

Obamacare is the most significant piece of legislation in our generation.

I can't argue with that last statement, Winger! I think we'll be trying to fix that piece of legislation for decades. It's THAT badly written!

The sad thing is that you folks on the left don't grasp the concept that Congress isn't there to churn out laws that don't work. The Founding Fathers deliberately crafted our government so that it WASN'T easy to pass laws. They did so because the passage of too many laws is usually a bad thing...not a good thing.
What a ridiculous statement

Their job is to do what needs doing in this country. They would rather that nothing be done than see something done that helps the other side

What's ridiculous is that you equate volume with quality when it comes to passage of legislation. ObamaCare was passed but it's probably the most poorly written piece of legislation ever...so is that doing the "job" of doing what needs doing?

Call me crazy but I'd rather that Congress do nothing than pass a bill that's garbage.
The do nothing Republican Congress has neither quality or quantity. They have no single meaningful piece of legislation. They can't even complete trivial legislation to allow the government to function

Obamacare is the most significant piece of legislation in our generation.

I can't argue with that last statement, Winger! I think we'll be trying to fix that piece of legislation for decades. It's THAT badly written!
Of course we will me fixing it for decades. Just like we did with Social Security and Medicare

It is just a placeholder till single payer comes along

Its a good thing that we have legislative scholars like Sean Hannity to have relayed to you personally that the ACA was "the most poorly written piece of legislation ever...:
I mean, who knew???

And yet the Federal Government managed to increase regulations by a record amount in the same period of time! Isn't that amazing!!!

Well, you're right.....Yesterday, before I could mail my credit card bill, some FBI agent stopped and searched me to see if I was violating some of those increasing regulations and asked me "Papers please...."

I was so upset..

Its a good thing that we have legislative scholars like Sean Hannity to have relayed to you personally that the ACA was "the most poorly written piece of legislation ever...:
I mean, who knew???

I knew it when I read the thing, Nat. Oh, you didn't? Let me guess...you're content having Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid fuck around with 1/6th of the nation's economy as long as they promise you that it's OK?

And yet the Federal Government managed to increase regulations by a record amount in the same period of time! Isn't that amazing!!!

Well, you're right.....Yesterday, before I could mail my credit card bill, some FBI agent stopped and searched me to see if I was violating some of those increasing regulations and asked me "Papers please...."

I was so upset..

Do we even have an FBI at this point? Under Eric Holder the Justice Department has been AWOL for most of the last six years so it's hard to tell! I believe they are STILL trying to locate our burned out consulate in Benghazi so they can start their investigation?

I knew it when I read the thing, Nat. Oh, you didn't? Let me guess...you're content having Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid fuck around with 1/6th of the nation's economy as long as they promise you that it's OK?

Fear not......Soon there will be a heavy push for a single payer system so that you will no longer have to bitch about the ACA.

Given the absolute chaos within the House republican caucus, is it really any wonder why Obama has decided that to get ANYTHING done, executive orders may be the only way forward?

Seriously, right wingers, would any of you finally admit that the House GOP membership has no clear intention of EVER sharing in their governing duties?

Regardless....let the voters get rid of them...

Executive orders are an abuse.

The cause of gridlock is the design of the Republic not the Republicans, you want to get rid of gridlock call a constitutional convention otherwise just get used to it and try to see the upside (at least they are passing fewer BAD laws than normal).

You're ONLY hope, is that they might be enough dumb voters (like you) to re-elect the same right wing morons in congress whose only real job there is to do NOTHING.

What you on the far left (not liberals) don't understand is that based on your craziness....the far right has responded with just as crazy a tactic....elect people who's only job it is....is to stifle Obama.

Helk of a way to run a country.

But we've done it to ourselves.

Both sides are to blame.

Guess it's clear that the republicans are the cause of the gridlock . They can't compromise with themselves , what chance does Obama have wh them .

He probably had plenty.

He got saddled with two total morons leading the house and senate in his own party. They cost the democrats majorities in both cases.

In their place...he got two more morons. And if they died...there would be a line of morons stretching around the block to take their places.

While I don't like some of what he has done...he continues to highlite key points that need to be addressed.

His methods of addressing them..however, really piss me off.

Last edited:
Are you trying to suggest that you believe that there will never be another Republican in the Oval Office?

As Texas and Florida gain minority voters which will deny electoral votes for a right wing president......YES, you will NOT see a republican in the oval office for a couple of decades.

I actually think it is possible I will never see another Republican President in my lifetime

George Bush struggled to barely crack 270 electoral votes. He needed a near sweep of swing states to do it. Those swing states have moved farther to the left in recent voting and Democrats already start with 242 electoral votes before the first vote is cast

Add in the potential loss of Florida (now) and Texas (eventualy) and Republicans will have no path to the Whitehouse

Does not matter...seems the GOP will hold the house for a long long time.

Get used to the gridlock.

Probably so......Begin switching your bitching from tacit racism to tacit misogyny.

What are you blathering about.

I could care less if Hillary is elected. The country, frankly, deserves her.

Poor behavior brings this kind of result.

It's both the far left and far right who will be moaning.

Guess it's clear that the republicans are the cause of the gridlock . They can't compromise with themselves , what chance does Obama have wh them .

The cause of gridlock is the design of the Republic not the Republicans, you want to get rid of gridlock call a constitutional convention otherwise just get used to it and try to see the upside (at least they are passing fewer BAD laws than normal).

was it gridlock when barry rammed ocare down our throats?

was it gridlock when barry rammed ocare down our throats?

Yep gridlock in the DNC..

It was also a bill to get rid of any other "moderates" out of the Democrat party..

Those that lost the election, voted for it on Christmas..

Dude, you're seriously trying to blame Obama's total ineptitude on GOP "chaos"? He went with Executive Orders when the electorate took away his mandate. Before it was "elections have consequences...I won!" but after the 2010 mid-terms it was "I know best...I don't care what you think!"

When right wingers in congress ONLY objective is to do NOTHING, then the executive MUST act unilaterally.....

When Obama issued his EO on immigration (which is the decision that pissed off all of your ilk) he ALSO stated......'PASS A BILL OF YOU OWN CONGRESS!!!" and the answer was still to do nothing.

Besides, look up the number of EOs from Obama versus GWB.
Obama has given up on waiting for Congress to do its job

In the absence of a working Congress, Obama is the only game in town

As a President, it is his finest hour

Yeah, screw that whole Constitution thing! Why worry about the people's elected representatives! Because as we all know...the Founding Fathers set things up the way they did so we could have another King to replace the one we revolted against! They gave the President UNLIMITED POWERS!!! Oh wait...no they didn't! They divided power between three branches of government so we wouldn't have to worry about someone declaring themselves absolute ruler! As a supposed "Constitutional scholar" this is actually Barack Obama's worst hour!
The people's elected representatives are unwilling to to their job. The founders never expected such a worthless bunch of Congressmen

If you think the President is exceeding his executive powers...take him to court

Obama still has another year to go

It's not the Republicans job to do what Obama tells them to and not doing what he tells them to is not not doing their job.

Obama's a despot, you're pathetic. When Democrats didn't do what W wanted you said that was their right, they were elected. now republicans have no rights.

The tyranny you are supporting is a double edged sword

Are you trying to suggest that you believe that there will never be another Republican in the Oval Office?

As Texas and Florida gain minority voters which will deny electoral votes for a right wing president......YES, you will NOT see a republican in the oval office for a couple of decades.

I actually think it is possible I will never see another Republican President in my lifetime

George Bush struggled to barely crack 270 electoral votes. He needed a near sweep of swing states to do it. Those swing states have moved farther to the left in recent voting and Democrats already start with 242 electoral votes before the first vote is cast

Add in the potential loss of Florida (now) and Texas (eventualy) and Republicans will have no path to the Whitehouse

Get used to the gridlock.
You are probably right given the current alignment of districts. Democrats get more total votes by a wide margin, but Republicans have a huge lead in seats
Have to see how the next census goes. But long range, Republicans are playing a losing hand as it will become harder to gerrymander

Dude, you're seriously trying to blame Obama's total ineptitude on GOP "chaos"? He went with Executive Orders when the electorate took away his mandate. Before it was "elections have consequences...I won!" but after the 2010 mid-terms it was "I know best...I don't care what you think!"

When right wingers in congress ONLY objective is to do NOTHING, then the executive MUST act unilaterally.....

When Obama issued his EO on immigration (which is the decision that pissed off all of your ilk) he ALSO stated......'PASS A BILL OF YOU OWN CONGRESS!!!" and the answer was still to do nothing.

Yeah, screw that whole Constitution thing! Why worry about the people's elected representatives! Because as we all know...the Founding Fathers set things up the way they did so we could have another King to replace the one we revolted against! They gave the President UNLIMITED POWERS!!! Oh wait...no they didn't! They divided power between three branches of government so we wouldn't have to worry about someone declaring themselves absolute ruler! As a supposed "Constitutional scholar" this is actually Barack Obama's worst hour!
The people's elected representatives are unwilling to to their job. The founders never expected such a worthless bunch of Congressmen

If you think the President is exceeding his executive powers...take him to court

It's not the Republicans job to do what Obama tells them to and not doing what he tells them to is not not doing their job.

Obama's a despot, you're pathetic. When Democrats didn't do what W wanted you said that was their right, they were elected. now republicans have no rights.

It is Republicans job to do what they were elected to do.....govern
Given the tendency to want to block government

Looks like Obama is the only game in town

By the way....the Dems did do what W wanted them to do

yeah...

yeah...

With Republicans squandering their short term control of Congress, these two years will be remembered more for what Obama did than what Republicans did

Forum List

Back