Zone1 Southern Baptist leaders will decide the fate of congregations with women pastors

This isn't a Choose Your Own Adventure, Sonny Jim.

If you don't believe this part, why believe any of it?
Christians begin talking and some of the guilty people feel the need to troll. You know...the whole "misery loves company" type thing.

Sure it is. Saul was just a dude.
So were Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

So were Moses, Noah, and Solomon.

So were David, Job and Jacob.

If any one of them were to espouse a view you didn't agree with, why believe them?

It isn't about you.

It's not a buffet. You can't pick and choose what parts you believe.

You can have faith that the Bible is the inspired Word of God...or you can believe it is not.

So were Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

So were Moses, Noah, and Solomon.

So were David, Job and Jacob.

If any one of them were to espouse a view you didn't agree with, why believe them?

It isn't about you.

It's not a buffet. You can't pick and choose what parts you believe.

You can have faith that the Bible is the inspired Word of God...or you can believe it is not.
They quoted Jesus. Saul quoted himself.

They quoted Jesus. Saul quoted himself.
Did they?

How do you know that?

Do you take it on faith that God would protect His Word and therefore the quotations are accurate?

If you take that on faith, is it not a logical furtherance of that faith that God would also protect His Word from other doctrinal falsehoods?

When flustered many revert to insults to cover for their lack of cogent answers.

But I'll continue.

Then how do you KNOW they were quoting Jesus?
How do we know they weren't written by AI? How do we know this isn't all a video game?

Thoughts on this? We have women priests, and Da Wimmimz have long been the life blood of the Church.

From another perspective:

The only problem I see with women in leadership roles in the church is that so often the men just stop doing much of anything. I don't know that is the case everywhere but I've seen it happen several times. The reverse isn't true though. When men are in the leadership women do just as much as ever.

The only problem I see with women in leadership roles in the church is that so often the men just stop doing much of anything. I don't know that is the case everywhere but I've seen it happen several times. The reverse isn't true though. When men are in the leadership women do just as much as ever.
Its called - men are lazy.

How do we know they weren't written by AI? How do we know this isn't all a video game?
You're flustered...I get it.

I'll answer for you.

I have FAITH that the Gospels are the divine Word of God. That they are both true and accurate.

Do you have that faith?

You're flustered...I get it.

I'll answer for you.

I have FAITH that the Gospels are the divine Word of God. That they are both true and accurate.

Do you have that faith?
Exactly. But Saul never claimed to have met Jesus, yes?

Exactly. But Saul never claimed to have met Jesus, yes?
True...but Jesus says he is not on Earth to abolish the law, but to fulfill it.

Paul references the Law with roots all the way back to Genesis 3:16, that wives were to submit to their husbands.

"Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you."

That's a quotation direct from God himself to Eve.

Does that matter?

Once again...you either believe that it is the Word of God, or you don't.
Multiple denominations disagree with you. Male only organizations have a terrible track record for covering up sexual crimes, very much including the Baptists.

Forum List

Back