Obama must be saying, "See what I had to deal with?"

Dude, you're seriously trying to blame Obama's total ineptitude on GOP "chaos"? He went with Executive Orders when the electorate took away his mandate. Before it was "elections have consequences...I won!" but after the 2010 mid-terms it was "I know best...I don't care what you think!"

When right wingers in congress ONLY objective is to do NOTHING, then the executive MUST act unilaterally.....

When Obama issued his EO on immigration (which is the decision that pissed off all of your ilk) he ALSO stated......'PASS A BILL OF YOU OWN CONGRESS!!!" and the answer was still to do nothing.

Besides, look up the number of EOs from Obama versus GWB.

Oh, please! If Barack Obama REALLY wanted to pass immigration reform he could have done so the first two years he was in office when the Democrats had huge majorities in the House and Senate. Blaming the GOP for not getting it done is LAUGHABLE!

While you're laughing, please consider this:

1. Congress...even with a majority of one party......CANNOT seem to arrive to a consensus because of the tyranny of the minority right wing-soon-to-be-tea-baggers who want to do NOTHING (even in the first 2 year
of Obama's presidency.

2. The issue of immigration has gotten much more pronounced during the last recession.

3. EXACTLY what is stopping the current congress from passing an immigration bill that is better than Obama and announcing that Obama has vetoed the "better" bill?

I'm curious, Nat...when Harry Reid was stacking House bills passed by the GOP on his desk and not allowing them to come to the Senate floor for discussion...let alone a vote...did that bother you?

And I'd love to know how Obama was able to pass the ACA without GOP support but you think the GOP somehow could have blocked an immigration bill!

Dude, you're seriously trying to blame Obama's total ineptitude on GOP "chaos"? He went with Executive Orders when the electorate took away his mandate. Before it was "elections have consequences...I won!" but after the 2010 mid-terms it was "I know best...I don't care what you think!"

When right wingers in congress ONLY objective is to do NOTHING, then the executive MUST act unilaterally.....

When Obama issued his EO on immigration (which is the decision that pissed off all of your ilk) he ALSO stated......'PASS A BILL OF YOU OWN CONGRESS!!!" and the answer was still to do nothing.

The number of EO's is really meaningless, Nat. What's important isn't the amount of EO...it's what they were used for. EO are supposed to be used for doing small, day to day tasks when Congress isn't in session...they aren't there to cut the Congress out of the equation. A "Constitutional Scholar" like Barack Obama knows that but he doesn't care.

You do know (or you SHOULD know) that both Reagan and Bush ALSO passed immigration/amnesty orders without much of the same controversy that Obama is facing by ultra partisan right wingers.

Besides, I'll ask AGAIN.....What is stopping the current congress from passing an immigration bill for ALL of us to see and judge?

(Could it be that right wingers don't overly want to piss off Latinos more than they've already have?)

The number of EO's is really meaningless, Nat. What's important isn't the amount of EO...it's what they were used for. EO are supposed to be used for doing small, day to day tasks when Congress isn't in session...they aren't there to cut the Congress out of the equation. A "Constitutional Scholar" like Barack Obama knows that but he doesn't care.

You do know (or you SHOULD know) that both Reagan and Bush ALSO passed immigration/amnesty orders without much of the same controversy that Obama is facing by ultra partisan right wingers.
So what you're really saying is that Reagan and Bush we're better politicians than Obama since they were able to figure out how to work with the other side of aisle, thanks for pointing out the obvious. :)

Oh, please! If Barack Obama REALLY wanted to pass immigration reform he could have done so the first two years he was in office when the Democrats had huge majorities in the House and Senate. Blaming the GOP for not getting it done is LAUGHABLE!

While you're laughing, please consider this:

1. Congress...even with a majority of one party......CANNOT seem to arrive to a consensus because of the tyranny of the minority right wing-soon-to-be-tea-baggers who want to do NOTHING (even in the first 2 year
of Obama's presidency.

2. The issue of immigration has gotten much more pronounced during the last recession.

3. EXACTLY what is stopping the current congress from passing an immigration bill that is better than Obama and announcing that Obama has vetoed the "better" bill?

I'm curious, Nat...when Harry Reid was stacking House bills passed by the GOP on his desk and not allowing them to come to the Senate floor for discussion...let alone a vote...did that bother you?

Actually, I very much dislike Reid and he should NOT have stopped bills from an up-or-down vote in the senate (that is not democracy.)

So what you're really saying is that Reagan and Bush we're better politicians than Obama since they were able to figure out how to work with the other side of aisle, thanks for pointing out the obvious. :)

No, that would be the "conclusion" of a moron.......Both Reagan and Bush did NOT face an opposition party that swore....from day one....to NOT work with Obama.

If there was an ounce...just ONE ounce....of objectivity in you, you'd admit that democrats are actually MORE prone to work with a GOP president, than the current tea partiers (and those republicans who are shit-scared of tea baggers) are willing to work with a Dem. president.

And I'd love to know how Obama was able to pass the ACA without GOP support but you think the GOP somehow could have blocked an immigration bill!

Actually, I think, 34 GOPers (out of 212) voted FOR the ACA...and the right wing leaning SCOTUS approved.

The SIMPLEST way for the GOP to have "blocked" an immigration EO is to have passed their own bill.....So, where the hell is that bill?

No, that would be the "conclusion" of a moron.......Both Reagan and Bush did NOT face an opposition party that swore....from day one....to NOT work with Obama.
Sorry Barack, we couldn't install that EASY BUTTON in the Oval Office you asked for so the job might be a bit more difficult than you expected.

On the bright side we did manage to recruit legions of apologists to make excuses for all your failures.

Sorry Barack, we couldn't install that EASY BUTTON in the Oval Office you asked for so the job might be a bit more difficult than you expected.

On the bright side we did manage to recruit legions of apologists to make excuses for all your failures.

So, the above is your "bright response" to my post????
Is there a grown up around your basement that could help you?

IF, the republicans had a BETTER bill on immigration and Obama had vetoed it, THEN, I'd be the first to criticize him.....BUT, where is that freaking bill from the GOP?

Say, Would you like a napkin to wipe all that foam off your mouth?

Say, Would you like a napkin to wipe all that foam off your mouth?

Actually, I rather enjoy mopping the floor with right wing nitwits....It both a flaw and an asset for me.

Sooooo, where IS that GOP immigration bill?

Actually, I rather enjoy mopping the floor with right wing nitwits....It both a flaw and an asset for me.

Sooooo, where IS that GOP immigration bill?

The Internet just called; it wants the 300 IQ points your last post cost it back.

:popcorn:

So, you really do NOT have any answer as to where that GOP immigration bill is???

Actually, I think, 34 GOPers (out of 212) voted FOR the ACA...and the right wing leaning SCOTUS approved.

The SIMPLEST way for the GOP to have "blocked" an immigration EO is to have passed their own bill.....So, where the hell is that bill?

You just totally FAILED to explain why Obama didn't push an immigration bill in the first two years of his presidency, Nat!

Let's try this again...

What was preventing Obama and the Democrats from passing an immigration bill in 2009?

And where you got the idea that 34 Republicans voted for the ACA is beyond me...were you asleep that year?

Just as a hint, Nat...you might want to not call people out as stupid when you're posting such ignorant things...just saying...:dig:

Obama can say whatever he wants, which is usually BS, like it would be if he said this.

Chaos within the GOP matters little to Obama as he has by-passed Congress most of the time anyway. The only problem it may be causing is that he may not be getting whatever he wants as fast as he has been with Boehner and McConnell giving him whatever he wants as usual. Nothing will stop Obama from doing his usual 'blame-shifting', though!

Obama can say whatever he wants, which is usually BS, like it would be if he said this.

Chaos within the GOP matters little to Obama as he has by-passed Congress most of the time anyway. The only problem it may be causing is that he may not be getting whatever he wants as fast as he has been with Boehner and McConnell giving him whatever he wants as usual. Nothing will stop Obama from doing his usual 'blame-shifting', though!
What has Boehner and McConell "given him"?
They haven't supported a single bill in seven years

Forum List

Back