Obama makes more marijuana arrests in 3 yrs. than Bush did in 8.

And you're quite right in saying legalization would impart major benefits to the economy.

Yes more unmotivated, stoned workers is exactly what we need to turn it around.

Sure, locking more and more of them up is working so well, why would we want to change horses in mid-stream?

Locking up more murderers and still people kill.

Not sure legalization of murder is the answer.

Yup.

Any stoner who imagines that the DEMS are going to come down less hard on them than the REPS isn't paying attention to the facts on the ground.

"Medical" MJ was made legal in CA in 1996, Assuming some start up time it is not surprising that there would be more raids today then in past years, it has nothing to do with Obama in my opinion.

Now I want the left to think about what their leadership is trying to do to them, keep them medicated. I was trying to think of all the people who I personally know who could possibly benefit from medical MJ, there are very few. So if there is a big demand, in my opinion, it isn't for legitimate medical reason. It is for that reason that these places are being shut and the fact that they are nothing more then dispensing drugs legitimately or not. As the following article states we don't even know the extent of the "problem."

From the following article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/01/u...arijuana-shops-close.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Because of the lack of regulation, it is difficult to know precisely how many dispensaries have shut down or even how many were in operation before the start of the current crackdown. But figures provided by three of California’s four United States attorneys totaled more than 500: “dozens” in Mr. Wagner’s district; 217 in the Southern District, in San Diego; and more than 200 in the Central District, in Los Angeles. Officials in the three districts say they have succeeded in putting out of business more than 90 percent of the dispensaries they have identified so far.

I imagine one of the reasons Bush laid off voter approved medical marijuana states and Obama didn't is because G.W. Bush appreciated economic growth--and was fine with state licensed medical marijuana dispensory's--because he respected and appreciated the effort of small business people in this country to use their skills to grow the economy--which then in turn hires employees--and those who actually contribute to the tax base of this country.

It's more than clear that Obama's recent statement resents small business people in this country--"If you own a business--you didn't build that--Somebody else made that happen."--Barack Obama.

And this is YOUR HERO??

obama+sinking+ship.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone people need to run from"--Barack Obama

This has nothing to do with pot at all. this is an attempt to try and get people angry with Obama for another bullshit reason. The reality is unless you are going third party the mormon who thinks any drug is wrong is certainly not going to help you. You really want to tell us the guy who thinks caffeine is wrong and fucks his wife through a hole in a sheet because he is a god from some planet sent here to protect us from the black xenu is going to legalize pot? Romney cries when 2 dudes kiss.

This is really the supposed alternative you are giving us? You are backing a mormon for president because you want pot legal? How high are you, and quit bogarting that joint. This is really the stand you want to make? The guy who doesn't drink coffee because it is too hard for him is going to legalize pot? How high do you thin I am that you would insult my intelligence with that load of bullshit?

You have actually made me a little angry assuming I was going to jump on the romney train to banning coffee because the DEA enforced laws on the books?

What is freakin amazing is not that they are blaming the man in charge it is that those who can't seem to bring themselves to that reality blame those who are not in charge. Simple delusional projection.

Last edited:
Obama makes arrests? He is a DEA agent and the president?

As the DEA and federal lawmakers have said, there are still laws on the books making pot illegal. Obama is the head of the executive branch of government so he does have to do some things about enforcing the law. Still, it is probably not something that comes directly from Obama.

Do we have any data on how much of this is federal drug charges and how many of these drug arrests are state charges? There is a difference, and obama doesn't command the states. The states are cracing down on a lot of things since they started going broke. Fines for possession would be a great way to get income. You can only tax people so much before they find a cheaper state, but you can send those cops out to make their paychecks by increasing possession busts considering how much pot is out there.

It is also not surprising to see more busts simply due to the very increased police activity giving out tickets. i have never in my life seen this much sustained town and state police activity on the highways. I litterally stopped speeding. There is no point, even if you are good at it. Every few miles there is a cop in a speed trap. I can't drive 20 miles anymore without seeing a cop doing traffic stops. They even show up for court, and some states like NY have told troopers to not plea down charges anymore i the person shows up for court.

So yeah, it makes sense that possession charges are on the rise to cover bankrupt states and towns.

He claims he captured Osama, take the good with the bad.

I don't think anyone is complaining, just stating facts, if he just legalized it, they could tax the hell out of it. Stick in pharmacies and get rid of the cost of fighting the black market.

I personally think the are like cigarettes, inhaling smoke into your lungs, is plain stupid.
Smoking marijuana is not the only way to enjoy it, nor is it the best way.

The only reason why smoking marijuana is presently the most common way of using it is the cost. Baking and cooking with marijuana requires quite a bit more leaf and bud than smoking it does to produce an appreciable effect. If marijuana were legal the price would be reduced substantially as the result of competition and the various methods of ingesting it via baking and cooking would soon become commonplace.

And you're quite right in saying legalization would impart major benefits to the economy. In addition to the tax revenue the cost of arresting, prosecuting and imprisoning for marijuana offenses would be eliminated and tens of thousands of jobs would be created to grow and distribute it.

I don't care who smokes, eats or whatever with the crap, I think it is stupid to use. Just my opinion, I want it legal and then tax the hell out of it. I don't care what the price is now or would be, that isn't my concern. As far as distribution, run it through the pharmaceutical industry.

If medical cannibis had been reserved for the people that really could benefit from it, as opposed to the sham it has become, this probably wouldn't be a problem.

I used to support it. Now I think it's a joke.

Just legalize it. The status quo in California, where doctors are dumping their ethics to become pot dealers is a joke.

I dont understand the right. They dont support medical mary jane, then dont like Obama for doing exactly what they would do on the same subject

You're INCORRECT--You'll note that in Colorado Springs--home to FOCUS on the FAMILY--and the most conservative county in Colorado voted to approve medical marijuana centers to be located in their county two years ago. Conservatives in this district outnumber liberals by 4 to 1.
El Paso County Approves Medical Marijuana Licensing Fees - News Story - KRDO Colorado Springs » El Paso County Approves Medical Marijuana Licensing Fees - News Story - KRDO Colorado Springs » News to Me

What you liberals do not understand--is marijuana advocates are both republicans and democrats. This is one thing where you will find an agreement between them.
Very true. I'm about as conservative as they come, and I think marijuana should be legalized straight across the board. I think it's far less harmfull than alcohol, and booze is legal. They've got those two backwards as far as I'm concerned. Legalize pot and make booze illegal again.

If I had a choice of two highways to drive down, and one was filled with people that were high and the other with people shit faced drunk, I'd take the highway with the stoners hands down. The worst thing they might be doing is driving a little SLOW. You'll probably DIE on the highway full of the drunks.

Just legalize pot and be done with it. Save millions of dollars halting this war on it, and make millions of dollars taxing it.

Last edited:
I dont understand the right. They dont support medical mary jane, then dont like Obama for doing exactly what they would do on the same subject

You're INCORRECT--You'll note that in Colorado Springs--home to FOCUS on the FAMILY--and the most conservative county in Colorado voted to approve medical marijuana centers to be located in their county two years ago. Conservatives in this district outnumber liberals by 4 to 1.
El Paso County Approves Medical Marijuana Licensing Fees - News Story - KRDO Colorado Springs » El Paso County Approves Medical Marijuana Licensing Fees - News Story - KRDO Colorado Springs » News to Me

What you liberals do not understand--is marijuana advocates are both republicans and democrats. This is one thing where you will find an agreement between them.
Very true. I'm about as conservative as they come, and I think marijuana should be legalized straight across the board. I think it's far less harmfull than alcohol, and booze is legal. They've got those two backwards as far as I'm concerned. Legalize pot and make booze illegal again.

If I had a choice of two highways to drive down, and one was filled with people that were high and the other with people shit faced drunk, I'd take the highway with the stoners hands down. The worst thing they might be doing is driving a little SLOW. You'll probably DIE on the highway full of the drunks.

Just legalize pot and be done with it. Save millions of dollars halting this war on it, and make millions of dollars taxing it.

That's because driving on a highway where no one is drunk or high is not an option.

Today, DUI doesn't mean drunk, it means under the influence. That makes it easier to ignore accidents where the driver responsible for the accident was high on pot.

That's because driving on a highway where no one is drunk or high is not an option.

Today, DUI doesn't mean drunk, it means under the influence. That makes it easier to ignore accidents where the driver responsible for the accident was high on pot.

Yes--that is the law--anyone under the influence of anything while driving would be charged the same as a drunk behind the wheel.

12976d1334971790-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swtzpotholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com3.jpg

12977d1334971842-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swu1potholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com5.jpg

"If you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

For Obama's 2008 campaign, I donated money, I went to rallies to show support, I knocked on doors in VA, and on election night I joined thousands in D.C. who descended on the White House to celebrate and sing “Na, Na, Na, Na, Good bye” to President Bush. I went to sleep that night excited about a new direction for this country that would include me as a recognized medical cannabis patient.

In fewer then fours years of President Obama, we have seen more raids on dispensaries than during the Bush Administration’s entire eight-year tenure. The Obama Administration has taken property from landlords, threatened local officials, forced the release of patient records, used the Internal Revenue Service to bankrupt legitimate dispensaries, told banks to purge medical cannabis clients, evicted patients from low-income housing, and denied a petition to recognize the well-established medical value of cannabis.

Now as President Obama approaches the vote on his reelection, I and other medical cannabis patients are finding it impossible to renew our support.
Medical Cannabis: Voices from the Frontlines » Blog Archive » Wake Up Obama: Cannabis Patients Vote!

For all of you marijuana advocates--who believed this is it--we have the right President to finally legalize marijuana or at least have it reduced from a schedule 1 substance--to 2 or 3--welcome to the reality of the Obama administration.

Hope-and-Nope.jpg

And what? We should now vote for Romney instead? Because he's done so much for the pot industry? So I disagree with him on this issue. One issue out of many isn't going to change my mind about voting for Obama.
He's black, and he's a lefty. That's all 99% of his voters need to make their decision.

Does anyone know what the repubs are complaining about here. I hear repubs a
Say they don't like Obama because of his policies. Then stuff like this is reported and Rey still bitch. Could it be they just don't like Obama and it has nothing to do with policy

I don't think anyone is complaining, just stating facts, if he just legalized it, they could tax the hell out of it. Stick in pharmacies and get rid of the cost of fighting the black market.

I personally think the are like cigarettes, inhaling smoke into your lungs, is plain stupid.

is that you in your Avi drinking a beer?......

yep.....

it means DRUNK if the breathalyzer says you are.....

And this is YOUR HERO??
I voted for Obama but he was not my first choice (Kucinich was). I voted for him because, as a former long-time Republican, I have watched the Republican Party's drift toward corporatist fascism and I know what to expect from them. I will vote for Obama again because he is the lesser of two evils but I am totally disappointed with him and it's a damn shame he's the best the DNC has to offer.

Medical Cannabis: Voices from the Frontlines » Blog Archive » Wake Up Obama: Cannabis Patients Vote!

For all of you marijuana advocates--who believed this is it--we have the right President to finally legalize marijuana or at least have it reduced from a schedule 1 substance--to 2 or 3--welcome to the reality of the Obama administration.

Hope-and-Nope.jpg

And what? We should now vote for Romney instead? Because he's done so much for the pot industry? So I disagree with him on this issue. One issue out of many isn't going to change my mind about voting for Obama.
He's black, and he's a lefty. That's all 99% of his voters need to make their decision.

So now marijuana has become a "racial issue"---:badgrin:

And this is YOUR HERO??
I voted for Obama but he was not my first choice (Kucinich was). I voted for him because, as a former long-time Republican, I have watched the Republican Party's drift toward corporatist fascism and I know what to expect from them. I will vote for Obama again because he is the lesser of two evils but I am totally disappointed with him and it's a damn shame he's the best the DNC has to offer.

Hey your sentiment sure didn't stop you from kicking your most viable candidate (Hillary Clinton) to the curb- for this Harvard educated--"community organizer" ECONOMIC moron--did it?

So don't be whining now.

"You proved you weren't a racist in 2008 by voting for Obama--now you need to prove that you're not an idiot by not voting to reelect him."

"If you have no record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone people need to run from"--Barack Obama

For Obama's 2008 campaign, I donated money, I went to rallies to show support, I knocked on doors in VA, and on election night I joined thousands in D.C. who descended on the White House to celebrate and sing “Na, Na, Na, Na, Good bye” to President Bush. I went to sleep that night excited about a new direction for this country that would include me as a recognized medical cannabis patient.

In fewer then fours years of President Obama, we have seen more raids on dispensaries than during the Bush Administration’s entire eight-year tenure. The Obama Administration has taken property from landlords, threatened local officials, forced the release of patient records, used the Internal Revenue Service to bankrupt legitimate dispensaries, told banks to purge medical cannabis clients, evicted patients from low-income housing, and denied a petition to recognize the well-established medical value of cannabis.

Now as President Obama approaches the vote on his reelection, I and other medical cannabis patients are finding it impossible to renew our support.

Hope-and-Nope.jpg

Considering his Admitted Drug use when Younger, I guess this makes him a Raging Hypocrite.

Forum List

Back