Obama makes more marijuana arrests in 3 yrs. than Bush did in 8.

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
For Obama's 2008 campaign, I donated money, I went to rallies to show support, I knocked on doors in VA, and on election night I joined thousands in D.C. who descended on the White House to celebrate and sing “Na, Na, Na, Na, Good bye” to President Bush. I went to sleep that night excited about a new direction for this country that would include me as a recognized medical cannabis patient.

In fewer then fours years of President Obama, we have seen more raids on dispensaries than during the Bush Administration’s entire eight-year tenure. The Obama Administration has taken property from landlords, threatened local officials, forced the release of patient records, used the Internal Revenue Service to bankrupt legitimate dispensaries, told banks to purge medical cannabis clients, evicted patients from low-income housing, and denied a petition to recognize the well-established medical value of cannabis.

Now as President Obama approaches the vote on his reelection, I and other medical cannabis patients are finding it impossible to renew our support.
Medical Cannabis: Voices from the Frontlines » Blog Archive » Wake Up Obama: Cannabis Patients Vote!

For all of you marijuana advocates--who believed this is it--we have the right President to finally legalize marijuana or at least have it reduced from a schedule 1 substance--to 2 or 3--welcome to the reality of the Obama administration.

Hope-and-Nope.jpg

Last edited:
For Obama's 2008 campaign, I donated money, I went to rallies to show support, I knocked on doors in VA, and on election night I joined thousands in D.C. who descended on the White House to celebrate and sing “Na, Na, Na, Na, Good bye” to President Bush. I went to sleep that night excited about a new direction for this country that would include me as a recognized medical cannabis patient.

In fewer then fours years of President Obama, we have seen more raids on dispensaries than during the Bush Administration’s entire eight-year tenure. The Obama Administration has taken property from landlords, threatened local officials, forced the release of patient records, used the Internal Revenue Service to bankrupt legitimate dispensaries, told banks to purge medical cannabis clients, evicted patients from low-income housing, and denied a petition to recognize the well-established medical value of cannabis.

Now as President Obama approaches the vote on his reelection, I and other medical cannabis patients are finding it impossible to renew our support.
Medical Cannabis: Voices from the Frontlines » Blog Archive » Wake Up Obama: Cannabis Patients Vote!

For all of you marijuana advocates--who believed this is it--we have the right President to finally legalize marijuana or at least have it reduced from a schedule 1 substance--to 2 or 3--welcome to the reality of the Obama administration.

Hope-and-Nope.jpg

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Conservatives have fought medical marijuana laws wherever thy have been proposed.

I dont understand the right. They dont support medical mary jane, then dont like Obama for doing exactly what they would do on the same subject

Be glad he has not taken the legalization stance, the republicans would be screaming for the death penalty for possession by now.

Don't fret. Obama will evolve and be pro drugs next month when his poll numbers drop.

That's expected. The drug card is all he has left.

But, he'd be a little late to the party because cities that have legalized it, like Los Angeles, are already shutting the disipensaries down.

Hope-and-Nope.jpg

So one might conclude that Obama is pretty strict on an activity he admits to partaking in himself.
Another double standard...who wouldda thunk?

It is not unusual for there being more raids on dispensaries in obama's regime than in Bush's administration. After all, there are many more dispensaries now than there were and many more engaging in other illegal activities.

Hope-and-Nope.jpg

Its illegal, isn't it?

Hope-and-Nope.jpg

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Conservatives have fought medical marijuana laws wherever thy have been proposed.

LOL Yup an obama camp full of them.......

More likely FULL OF IT.................

Its illegal, isn't it?

So is invading a sovereign nation isn't it?
But we're turning blind eye to those who are doing that.
I'm guessing if there were a Pot Smokers of America lobby with enough cash and political power Obama's people would be handing out blunts at his rallies.

So? How many dispenseries were in existance during President Bushes terms?

That still doesn't make the feds right about it. They need to take Marijuana off the Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, becuase it most certainly has accepted medical use".

Furthermore they need to stop the war against Americans who smoke pot. Fucking fascist.

Hope-and-Nope.jpg

Obama seizes more companies and exercises his new rights to do whatever he wants to the American people and now claims he's going after drug dealers? Meanwhile, Holder is arming the drug cartels and ceding much of our southern areas to them. The government has placed signs warning Americans that they are entering a cartel controlled area. Then he takes down business selling medical marijuana and tells the sheeple he is tough on drugs. He is being tough in the war on tax payers and freedom.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
So? How many dispenseries were in existance during President Bushes terms?

That still doesn't make the feds right about it. They need to take Marijuana off the Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, becuase it most certainly has accepted medical use".

Furthermore they need to stop the war against Americans who smoke pot. Fucking fascist.

It would take an act of congress to do that.

Obama clarifies his stance on medical marijuana - POLITICO.com

President Obama clarified his position on medical marijuana in an interview with Rolling Stone, telling publisher Jann Wenner that he can't "nullify congressional law."

"What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana. I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana – and the reason is, because it's against federal law. I can't nullify congressional law," Obama said.

"I can't ask the Justice Department to say, 'Ignore completely a federal law that's on the books.' What I can say is, 'Use your prosecutorial discretion and properly prioritize your resources to go after things that are really doing folks damage.' As a consequence, there haven't been prosecutions of users of marijuana for medical purposes," Obama said.

Obama also said in a late night TV appearance Tuesday on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, that he didn't expect Congress to change that law: "We're not going to be legalizating weed … anytime soon."

Now how many USERS of medical marijuana were prosecuted under Bush? I recall several home growers, with two or three plants for personal medical consumption getting heavy sentences.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back