Obama makes more marijuana arrests in 3 yrs. than Bush did in 8.

So? How many dispenseries were in existance during President Bushes terms?

That still doesn't make the feds right about it. They need to take Marijuana off the Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, becuase it most certainly has accepted medical use".

Furthermore they need to stop the war against Americans who smoke pot. Fucking fascist.

It would take an act of congress to do that.

The FDA and the DEA could reschedule it, but it's a long con game......

Francis Young, Former Chief Administrative Law Judge for the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), stated in his Sep. 6, 1988 ruling in a petition to reschedule marijuana:

"The evidence in this record clearly shows that marijuana has been accepted as capable of relieving the distress of great numbers of very ill people, and doing so with safety under medical supervision. It would be unreasonable, arbitrary and capricious for DEA to continue to stand between those sufferers and the benefits of this substance in light of the evidence in this record.

The administrative law judge recommends that the Administrator conclude that the marijuana plant considered as a whole has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, that there is no lack of accepted safety for use of it under medical supervision and that it may lawfully be transferred from Schedule I to Schedule II.

The judge recommends that the Administrator transfer marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule II."

Late last week Americans for Safe Access (ASA) got some exciting news: the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit agreed to hear oral arguments in Americans for Safe Access v. Drug Enforcement Administration. Ten years after original rescheduling petition was filed, the courts will finally review the scientific evidence regarding the therapeutic value of cannabis!
……………Last year, we appealed the Administration’s decision to deny our nine-year old rescheduling petition, knowing that the courts could still choose not to hear our case. The decision to hear oral arguments is huge. This appeal may lead to the first evidentiary hearings of the medical value of cannabis since 1994 – and a lot has happened since then!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242900

For Obama's 2008 campaign, I donated money, I went to rallies to show support, I knocked on doors in VA, and on election night I joined thousands in D.C. who descended on the White House to celebrate and sing “Na, Na, Na, Na, Good bye” to President Bush. I went to sleep that night excited about a new direction for this country that would include me as a recognized medical cannabis patient.

In fewer then fours years of President Obama, we have seen more raids on dispensaries than during the Bush Administration’s entire eight-year tenure. The Obama Administration has taken property from landlords, threatened local officials, forced the release of patient records, used the Internal Revenue Service to bankrupt legitimate dispensaries, told banks to purge medical cannabis clients, evicted patients from low-income housing, and denied a petition to recognize the well-established medical value of cannabis.

Now as President Obama approaches the vote on his reelection, I and other medical cannabis patients are finding it impossible to renew our support.
Medical Cannabis: Voices from the Frontlines » Blog Archive » Wake Up Obama: Cannabis Patients Vote!

For all of you marijuana advocates--who believed this is it--we have the right President to finally legalize marijuana or at least have it reduced from a schedule 1 substance--to 2 or 3--welcome to the reality of the Obama administration.

Hope-and-Nope.jpg

And what? We should now vote for Romney instead? Because he's done so much for the pot industry? So I disagree with him on this issue. One issue out of many isn't going to change my mind about voting for Obama.

Does anyone know what the repubs are complaining about here. I hear repubs a
Say they don't like Obama because of his policies. Then stuff like this is reported and Rey still bitch. Could it be they just don't like Obama and it has nothing to do with policy

Last edited:
I dont understand the right. They dont support medical mary jane, then dont like Obama for doing exactly what they would do on the same subject

You're INCORRECT--You'll note that in Colorado Springs--home to FOCUS on the FAMILY--and the most conservative county in Colorado voted to approve medical marijuana centers to be located in their county two years ago. Conservatives in this district outnumber liberals by 4 to 1.
El Paso County Approves Medical Marijuana Licensing Fees - News Story - KRDO Colorado Springs » El Paso County Approves Medical Marijuana Licensing Fees - News Story - KRDO Colorado Springs » News to Me

What you liberals do not understand--is marijuana advocates are both republicans and democrats. This is one thing where you will find an agreement between them.

So, Obama made mucho marijuana arrests....When did he do that? While vacationing in Hawaii or on the way back from shooting Bin Laden? :confused:

So, Obama made mucho marijuana arrests....When did he do that? While vacationing in Hawaii or on the way back from shooting Bin Laden? :confused:

Probably in between golf games--LOL He did is--that is now a statistic. He sent raid after raid into California established medical marijuana dispensory's--threatened to seize property from landlords--etc. etc. etc.

The one small business that was growing in this country--Obama went after with a sledge hammer-even though the state had voter approval of medical marijuana dispensory's.

In fewer then fours years of President Obama, we have seen more raids on dispensaries than during the Bush Administration’s entire eight-year tenure. The Obama Administration has taken property from landlords, threatened local officials, forced the release of patient records, used the Internal Revenue Service to bankrupt legitimate dispensaries, told banks to purge medical cannabis clients, evicted patients from low-income housing, and denied a petition to recognize the well-established medical value of cannabis.

Obama clarifies his stance on medical marijuana - POLITICO.com

President Obama clarified his position on medical marijuana in an interview with Rolling Stone, telling publisher Jann Wenner that he can't "nullify congressional law."

"What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana. I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana – and the reason is, because it's against federal law. I can't nullify congressional law," Obama said.

"I can't ask the Justice Department to say, 'Ignore completely a federal law that's on the books.' What I can say is, 'Use your prosecutorial discretion and properly prioritize your resources to go after things that are really doing folks damage.' As a consequence, there haven't been prosecutions of users of marijuana for medical purposes," Obama said.

Obama also said in a late night TV appearance Tuesday on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, that he didn't expect Congress to change that law: "We're not going to be legalizating weed … anytime soon."

Now how many USERS of medical marijuana were prosecuted under Bush? I recall several home growers, with two or three plants for personal medical consumption getting heavy sentences.

Bull...When did that happen?

Probably in between golf games--LOL He did is--that is now a statistic. He sent raid after raid into California established medical marijuana dispensory's--threatened to seize property from landlords--etc. etc. etc.

The one small business that was growing in this country--Obama went after with a sledge hammer-even though the state had voter approval of medical marijuana dispensory's.

He most likely didn't even know it was occuring.

He most likely didn't even know it was occuring.

Obviously you're not up on the information on this. If you will click this link you will understand what went on during the Obama administration--one of his--in the justice department issued a memo stating they would lay off medical marijuana states--and then they flip-flopped costing millions of dollars in loss's to LEGITIMATE--recognized state licensed medical marijuana business owners.

Read the entire link and then you'll understand this issue.
Medical Cannabis: Voices from the Frontlines » Blog Archive » Wake Up Obama: Cannabis Patients Vote!

12977d1334971842-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swu1potholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com5.jpg

4/20/2012 Denver Colorado

Last edited:
Obama makes arrests? He is a DEA agent and the president?

As the DEA and federal lawmakers have said, there are still laws on the books making pot illegal. Obama is the head of the executive branch of government so he does have to do some things about enforcing the law. Still, it is probably not something that comes directly from Obama.

Do we have any data on how much of this is federal drug charges and how many of these drug arrests are state charges? There is a difference, and obama doesn't command the states. The states are cracing down on a lot of things since they started going broke. Fines for possession would be a great way to get income. You can only tax people so much before they find a cheaper state, but you can send those cops out to make their paychecks by increasing possession busts considering how much pot is out there.

It is also not surprising to see more busts simply due to the very increased police activity giving out tickets. i have never in my life seen this much sustained town and state police activity on the highways. I litterally stopped speeding. There is no point, even if you are good at it. Every few miles there is a cop in a speed trap. I can't drive 20 miles anymore without seeing a cop doing traffic stops. They even show up for court, and some states like NY have told troopers to not plea down charges anymore i the person shows up for court.

So yeah, it makes sense that possession charges are on the rise to cover bankrupt states and towns.

So? How many dispenseries were in existance during President Bushes terms?

That still doesn't make the feds right about it. They need to take Marijuana off the Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, becuase it most certainly has accepted medical use".

Furthermore they need to stop the war against Americans who smoke pot. Fucking fascist.

The likelihood is they will lower the charges to non-jail time fines unless you are a distributor. I don't see them taking easy fines off the books until they are solvent again. I still think you could mae a lot more revenue taxing and selling it legally, but that will take changes, and changes take money, and there is none. So you stop tossing people in jail for possesion, and you slowly lower non-violent jail populations and lay off corrections officers. You lower the charges to a small fine people will pay because getting a lawyer and going to trial is much more expensive than dropping a couple hundred in fines.

it is almost as good as making it legal. If you smoke up in non-public locations, and you are not growing the shit you only really need to worry about the times when you go out and buy.

As the DEA and federal lawmakers have said, there are still laws on the books making pot illegal. Obama is the head of the executive branch of government so he does have to do some things about enforcing the law. Still, it is probably not something that comes directly from Obama.

Do we have any data on how much of this is federal drug charges and how many of these drug arrests are state charges? There is a difference, and obama doesn't command the states. The states are cracing down on a lot of things since they started going broke. Fines for possession would be a great way to get income. You can only tax people so much before they find a cheaper state, but you can send those cops out to make their paychecks by increasing possession busts considering how much pot is out there.

It is also not surprising to see more busts simply due to the very increased police activity giving out tickets. i have never in my life seen this much sustained town and state police activity on the highways. I litterally stopped speeding. There is no point, even if you are good at it. Every few miles there is a cop in a speed trap. I can't drive 20 miles anymore without seeing a cop doing traffic stops. They even show up for court, and some states like NY have told troopers to not plea down charges anymore i the person shows up for court.

So yeah, it makes sense that possession charges are on the rise to cover bankrupt states and towns.

BULL-SHIT--This is the Obama administration--he appointed Eric Holder to run his justice department.--Eric Holder told one of his aids to issue a memo to the DEA to lay off of medical marijuana states--they let business owners spend millions of dollars in set up fees. These business people paid thousands of dollars for state licenses- for equipment--lease's--paid sales tax--federal and state taxes-and then the OBAMA administration moved in on them with a freakin sledge hammer.

I am getting so sick of you whiner Obamabots tying to defend this economic moron at every single turn.

Next you'll be blaming BOOSH for the Arrests and loss's to business owners that OBAMA made on medical marijuana dispensory's. You can READ--can't YOU?
READ THIS:
http://safeaccessnow.org/blog/?p=2956

12976d1334971790-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swtzpotholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com3.jpg

12977d1334971842-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swu1potholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com5.jpg

Denver, CO--4/20/2012

Last edited:
I imagine one of the reasons Bush laid off voter approved medical marijuana states and Obama didn't is because G.W. Bush appreciated economic growth--and was fine with state licensed medical marijuana dispensory's--because he respected and appreciated the effort of small business people in this country to use their skills to grow the economy--which then in turn hires employees--and those who actually contribute to the tax base of this country.

It's more than clear that Obama's recent statement resents small business people in this country--"If you own a business--you didn't build that--Somebody else made that happen."--Barack Obama.

And this is YOUR HERO??

obama+sinking+ship.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone people need to run from"--Barack Obama

Does anyone know what the repubs are complaining about here. I hear repubs a
Say they don't like Obama because of his policies. Then stuff like this is reported and Rey still bitch. Could it be they just don't like Obama and it has nothing to do with policy

I don't think anyone is complaining, just stating facts, if he just legalized it, they could tax the hell out of it. Stick in pharmacies and get rid of the cost of fighting the black market.

I personally think the are like cigarettes, inhaling smoke into your lungs, is plain stupid.

Don't fret. Obama will evolve and be pro drugs next month when his poll numbers drop.
While I believe him to be the lesser of two evils in relation to Romney I will never trust the treacherous sonofabitch again. The way he betrayed his pro-marijuana supporters is a goddam shame.

BULL-SHIT--This is the Obama administration--he appointed Eric Holder to run his justice department.--Eric Holder told one of his aids to issue a memo to the DEA to lay off of medical marijuana states--they let business owners spend millions of dollars in set up fees. These business people paid thousands of dollars for state licenses- for equipment--lease's--paid sales tax--federal and state taxes-and then the OBAMA administration moved in on them with a freakin sledge hammer.

So you supposedly have this proof that Obama told Eric Holder to lay off medical marijuana, and i am sure you have some memo or other proof obama then told eric to fuck them and sent the DEA after them personally? if not, you are full of shit.

Look, cool out. I now you hate obama and want us all to turn on him because of bullshit reason # million and something. The reality is there is no chance Mittens is going to make pot legal, or that he would not veto any bill that is passed on a federal level doing so. There is no chance for a third party to become president. So even if everything you said is true this is not a reason to vote against Obama. Come up with a real reason, and stop trying to promote blind hate. Ok, he is fucking black get the fuck over it. There is no chance a guy who doesn't even drink is going to legalize pot, but Obama has smoked the green stuff and might evolve his stance to promote it's legalization. I don't think so, but I am not mad he is not.
I am getting so sick of you whiner Obamabots tying to defend this economic moron at every single turn.

I am sick of you dipshits on the Romney cock telling us we should hate Obama despite the fact your guy is so much fucking worse. Why am i going to be mad at obama over this? You don't even seem to give a fuck about the legalization of pot, you just want to play a game and tell me I should be mad at Obama because of some stupid reason. That is your job to be angry with him over complete bullshit reasons you were spoonfed by your masters at fox. Don't get mad at the rest of the world because you gave up your brain and free will to be a tool for the republicans and other people are not as stupid as you are. That was your choice, and you live with your crappy candidate who no one but a bunch of fucktards lies. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of fucktards in america, but I am not one of you.
Next you'll be blaming BOOSH for the Arrests and loss's to business owners that OBAMA made on medical marijuana dispensory's.

Why don't you just create another account and argue with yourself? You don't need someone with their own mind and opinions for this. you don't even want someone who thinks for themselves. you want a sock to say exactly what you want them to say so you don't need to thin of how to put your bullshit rhetoric into the argument. I am just too much for you, and if you want to argue with me you should argue with what I am saying, not the next thing you thin i am going to say. You at a disadvantage there because you could not possibly think up on my level with those large synapses of yours.

So take it down a notch, and go play with yourself somewhere else. public arguments are not your thing, and mental masturbation with someone your own speed would probably be much better for you.

oh, and you are still wrong.

As for the rest of this I did not argue about it. So you can say whatever about your bullshit tangent.

I imagine one of the reasons Bush laid off voter approved medical marijuana states and Obama didn't is because G.W. Bush appreciated economic growth--and was fine with state licensed medical marijuana dispensory's--because he respected and appreciated the effort of small business people in this country to use their skills to grow the economy--which then in turn hires employees--and those who actually contribute to the tax base of this country.

It's more than clear that Obama's recent statement resents small business people in this country--"If you own a business--you didn't build that--Somebody else made that happen."--Barack Obama.

And this is YOUR HERO??

obama+sinking+ship.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone people need to run from"--Barack Obama

This has nothing to do with pot at all. this is an attempt to try and get people angry with Obama for another bullshit reason. The reality is unless you are going third party the mormon who thinks any drug is wrong is certainly not going to help you. You really want to tell us the guy who thinks caffeine is wrong and fucks his wife through a hole in a sheet because he is a god from some planet sent here to protect us from the black xenu is going to legalize pot? Romney cries when 2 dudes kiss.

This is really the supposed alternative you are giving us? You are backing a mormon for president because you want pot legal? How high are you, and quit bogarting that joint. This is really the stand you want to make? The guy who doesn't drink coffee because it is too hard for him is going to legalize pot? How high do you thin I am that you would insult my intelligence with that load of bullshit?

You have actually made me a little angry assuming I was going to jump on the romney train to banning coffee because the DEA enforced laws on the books?

I don't think anyone is complaining, just stating facts, if he just legalized it, they could tax the hell out of it. Stick in pharmacies and get rid of the cost of fighting the black market.

I personally think the are like cigarettes, inhaling smoke into your lungs, is plain stupid.
Smoking marijuana is not the only way to enjoy it, nor is it the best way.

The only reason why smoking marijuana is presently the most common way of using it is the cost. Baking and cooking with marijuana requires quite a bit more leaf and bud than smoking it does to produce an appreciable effect. If marijuana were legal the price would be reduced substantially as the result of competition and the various methods of ingesting it via baking and cooking would soon become commonplace.

And you're quite right in saying legalization would impart major benefits to the economy. In addition to the tax revenue the cost of arresting, prosecuting and imprisoning for marijuana offenses would be eliminated and tens of thousands of jobs would be created to grow and distribute it.

Forum List

Back