Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio vow efforts to protect the ocean

I suppose conservatives are going to deny that mankind has fucked up the oceans.

Starting with people in the oil business like the oil Sheikh that just rented his yacht which is the 5th largest yacht in the world to DiCaprio who typically just went up and lectured us with Obama about "saving the oceans."

From what?

Here it comes everyone! The big liberal boogeyman cliche.......

BIG OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"...Speaking via video at a State Department conference, Obama stressed that the sea is ... a source of food and economic growth..."
Yes, yes, yes... very nice, I'm sure... dog bites man.

...Leonardo DiCaprio, just rented this yacht to party on...
I wonder how many gallons of fuel and oil and bilge and other waste that that yacht will dump into the ocean on its round trip to Brazil, so that Leo and his rich buds can party?

So much for Leo's concern about the ocean. :lol:

I suppose conservatives are going to deny that mankind has fucked up the oceans.

Right, and these two pretenders are going to fix it, huh. Where is your unicorn parked?

Leonardo DiCaprio joins John Kerry on stage announcing world's largest ocean preserve | Mail Online
Well, there ARE still a few surviving Orgasmic ObamaBots out there...

For some reason, the old 2009 JibJab video sprang to mind...

It doesn't add anything to the conversation, of course, although it DOES serve to illustrate, by way of sarcasm, just how naive and irrational so many of them were (are), and just how amusing that is to the rest of the country (except, of course, the huge percentage of former ObamaBots, now long-since disillusioned, who are trying very hard to forget their former mental disarray; having moved on)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to prove what liberals actually stand for and how they are all nothing but political hacks.

They stand and cheer at these transparent bullshit attempts at the administration using moronic hypocritical movie stars to push their environment agenda (which is about control and not about helping the planet and we know that) and give absolutely no credit whatsoever to Bush who did more for the oceans than any of these liars in the democratic party.

On June 15, 2006, President George W. Bush signed Proclamation 8031, designating the waters of the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands a national monument under the 1906 Antiquities Act. Using the Antiquities Act bypassed the normal year of consultations and halted the public input process on the eve of the dissemination of the draft environmental impact statement for the proposed Northwestern Hawaiian Islands National Marine Sanctuary. This was the second use by Bush of the Antiquities Act, following the declaration of the African Burial Ground National Monument on Manhattan in February 2006.[18] The legislated process for stakeholder involvement in the planning and management of a marine protected area had already taken five years of effort, but the abrupt establishment of the NWHI as a National Monument, rather than a Sanctuary, provided immediate and more resilient protection, revocable only by an act of the United States Congress.[19]

The monument covers roughly 140,000 square miles (363,000 km2) of reefs, atolls and shallow and deep sea (out to 50 miles (80 km) offshore) in the Pacific Ocean – larger than all of America's National Parks combined.[8] It contains approximately 10 percent of the tropical shallow water coral reef habitat (i.e., 0 to 100 fathoms) in U.S. territory.[9] It is slightly larger than Australia's Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, approximately the size of the country of Germany, and just slightly smaller than Montana.

About 132,000 square miles (340,000 km2) of the monument were already part of the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands Coral Reef Ecosystem Reserve, which was designated in 2000. The monument also includes the Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge (590,991.50 acres (2,391.7 km2))[3] and Battle of Midway National Memorial, the Hawaii State Seabird Sanctuary at Kure Atoll, the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands State Marine Refuge, and the Hawaiian Islands National Wildlife Refuge. NOAA is responsible for most oceanic areas of the new monument; the FWS continues to manage the Hawaiian Islands National Wildlife Refuge.[10] An emergency landing strip on Midway Atoll for trans-Pacific flights remains open.

Papah?naumoku?kea Marine National Monument - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They could not care any less if they tried. Liberals stand for nothing. I mean nothing. When I say nothing, I mean nothing.

Last edited:

Right, and these two pretenders are going to fix it, huh. Where is your unicorn parked?

Leonardo DiCaprio joins John Kerry on stage announcing world's largest ocean preserve | Mail Online

You admit that it is true, but slag people trying to do something about it. You are right, with so many people who do not give a fuck, it might be a waste of time.

Did BP pay a penny of fine for their massive muck up due to ignorance? Probably not. Then some had the idiotic response of blaming regulations. Whine and cry they did. I thought BP should have gotten it stuck to rm. Instead, slap on the wrist.

So what is wrong with the message again?

Or are we talking about Dicaprio now?

Was the speech about banning yachts or something?

You admit that it is true, but slag people trying to do something about it. You are right, with so many people who do not give a fuck, it might be a waste of time.

It is not that we don't want people to fix problems but when they say that is their goal and they do exactly the opposite that is what riles up people. Have you ever been on the 5th largest yacht in the world? Will you ever be? Do you know what paid for that yacht? You got it, oil. As I said it isn't the STATED intent it is the hypocritical way they do it. Live as I tell ya not as I live. Liberal BS.

Did BP pay a penny of fine for their massive muck up due to ignorance? Probably not. Then some had the idiotic response of blaming regulations. Whine and cry they did. I thought BP should have gotten it stuck to rm. Instead, slap on the wrist.

Taking risks is part of life, regulations are in place to keep companies from taking risks that can be reduced.

Here is some interesting reading for you about the spill:

The Spill, The Scandal and the President | Politics News | Rolling Stone

So what is wrong with the message again?

Or are we talking about Dicaprio now?

Was the speech about banning yachts or something?

The hypocritical way it was delivered that is what is wrong.

What is wrong with the message of the Tea Party?

It is not that we don't want people to fix problems but when they say that is their goal and they do exactly the opposite that is what riles up people. Have you ever been on the 5th largest yacht in the world? Will you ever be? Do you know what paid for that yacht? You got it, oil. As I said it isn't the STATED intent it is the hypocritical way they do it. Live as I tell ya not as I live. Liberal BS.

The topic is pollution.

You said they say their goal and do the opposite

Are they planning to blow up the yacht and pollute the ocean? Because that would be "doing the opposite".

In other news: Teen Invents Ocean Clean-Up Device That Can Remove 1/3 of Plastic From World's Oceans in Just 5 Years and Yield $500 Million Profit (VIDEO) : News : Headlines & Global News

Teen Invents Ocean Clean-Up Device That Can Remove 1/3 of Plastic From World's Oceans in Just 5 Years and Yield $500 Million Profit (VIDEO)

19-year-old-invents-ocean-clean-up-device.png

Forum List

Back