Is it my english, or do these two statements have very different meanings

Do the two statements #1 and #2 have the same meaning?

• Yes, they have the same meaning, you are arrogant to claim "no one knows god better than me"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pvsi

VIP Member
Nov 17, 2013
I believe I have been wrongly accused, I explained it, and the two posters below still claim that I am wrong. I want your (other people's) opinion of who is right and who is wrong:

Recently I stated that [#1]"No one knows god on this planet better than me" (statement #1)
and the poster claimed that I said [#2] "I know God better than anyone else" (statement #2)
In MY opinion #1. Applies to those who think they know god better than me, BUT IN NO WAY am I myself being arrogant or claiming that I know god better than anyone else. #2 on the other hand I think can be a very arrogant statement.
One of the two critics then goes on stating in the other thread that
Some know God more intimately than others.
Which I believe is actually quite an arrogant statement and is exactly who I was referring to when I made the statement #1 - those people who think they are special, or more intimate with god, just because they read a certain book.
Maybe you can explain why you are lolling. Is it because you believe that there are people who surely know god better than me?
He's laughing because you are saying you didn't say something you clearly said while quoting what you said.
Maybe you can explain why you are lolling. Is it because you believe that there are people who surely know god better than me?
no...its because you think there's a difference between those two statements.....it may be no one knows God better than you, but certainly there are many who know the English language better than you.....

Last edited:
It is your English. I understand what you meant, but the way you said it can be interpreted more than one way.

And, I am sad to say, some people do know God more intimately than others. There are many people who are separated from God by a great distance.

Last edited:
It is your English. I understand what you meant, but the way you said it can be interpreted more than one way.

And, I am sad to say, some people do know God more intimately than others. There are many people who are separated from God by a great distance.
I know it can be INTERPRETED more than one way, that was the point of my other thread:
NATURALY we like to find flaws in OTHERS, and to pass ourselves off as superior, EXPERTS.
But I believe and will continue believing until someone explains to me differently that TECHNICALLY (and the way I intended to use it) the two statements are very different. I also understand that some people have closer relationship to god than others, but considering that I spent thousands of my own dollars over the years, thousands of hours because of love of justice system, never asking for anything in return, I believe no one on this planet can tell me that my relationship with god is less than that of anyone else on this planet, and I believe I said it in a very humble way, without claiming that I know god better than anyone else, because I UNDERSTAND that there are many other people out there who are just as dedicated to truth as I am.

Then you should have said "I know god as well as anyone else" or "I know god just the same as the next guy."

Your choice of the word "better" makes your statement arrogant. Hands down.

Regards from Rosie

Then you should have said "I know god as well as anyone else" or "I know god just the same as the next guy."

Regards from Rosie
The second quote is not mine, and in the first quote I was not talking about myself but about ANYONE ELSE who may think they may know god better than me, so to rephrase maybe someone can tell me then WHO EXACTLY knows god better than me, this way we can put me as an arrogant ass hole in my place where I belong.

Regards from Rosie
The second quote is not mine, and in the first quote I was not talking about myself but about ANYONE ELSE who may think they may know god better than me, so to rephrase maybe someone can tell me then WHO EXACTLY knows god better than me, this way we can put me as an arrogant ass hole in my place where I belong.

Rosie's suggestions are good. Take them as helpful hints for your English skills.

"Recently I stated that [#1]"No one knows god on this planet better than me" (statement #1)
and the poster claimed that I said [#2] "I know God better than anyone else" (statement #2)"

The first statement implies that you are at least tied with the person or people that know God the best. The second statement implies that you are the absolute best at knowing God. Either is a very high standard for knowing God.

Let's substitute "running the 100 meter dash the fastest" with "knowing God"!

I could say "No one can run a faster 100 meter dash faster than I can". Or I could say "I can run the 100 meter dash faster than anyone else." The first statement does not rule out the possibility for there being a tie at being the best while the second statement does eliminate the possibility for a tie.

That being said, either statement would imply being better than practically everyone else.
Both your statements 1 and 2 set extremely high and almost identical standards.

Last edited:
"Recently I stated that [#1]"No one knows god on this planet better than me" (statement #1)
and the poster claimed that I said [#2] "I know God better than anyone else" (statement #2)"

The first statement implies that you are at least tied with the person or people that know God the best. The second statement implies that you are the absolute best at knowing God. Either is a very high standard for knowing God.

Let's substitute "running the 100 meter dash the fastest" with "knowing God"!

I could say "No one can run a faster 100 meter dash faster than I can". Or I could say "I can run the 100 meter dash faster than anyone else." The first statement does not rule out the possibility for there being a tie at being the best while the second statement does eliminate the possibility for a tie.

That being said, either statement would imply being better than practically everyone else.
Both your statements 1 and 2 set extremely high and almost identical standards.
The only difference I think is that with the 100 meter dash it can be proven in Olympics or other sporting events, while with religion it is faith based and often requires wars to prove so USA, the nation led by Christian leaders is involved in wars, and Islamic fighters also are involved in wars to force their beliefs that their god and their ways are superior. And I thankful to non other than god to be living in a place where I can say that my belief in god, whatever it is, is not worse than anyone else's, I truly believe so but how can I prove it since it is faith based - just because other religions have more followers does not make them right and me wrong, but my point was NOT TO PROVE ANYTHING ABOUT MY BELIEF IN GOD, it was merely to reach out to people if you look at the context of original message, which may be out of topic in this thread.

Since you asked for opinions, here is mine.

Your grammar is weak, but your ego is strong.

It is a first.

No poster has ever started a new thread to promote his side of a diction argument that broke out in one of the countless battles over religious dogma.

Last edited:
Statement number 1 is quite clearly like a commercial...
No other pain killer works better than ours.

Statement number 1 is also quite true in that NOONE can know God at all, so NOONE knows God more than you.

Statement number 1 is also quite true in that NOONE can know God at all, so NOONE knows God more than you.
It may be quite like a commercial depending in what context it was in, below is the statement in the original context:

Define 'God'.

The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran?

:eusa_think: Still wondering why God talked exclusively to THAT particular Monkey....

The God of the Bible (The Whole Testament) is not the same god as the on taught in the Koran. The Bible's God is Jesus Christ. The Koran does not accept Christ as God but, rather, as a great prophet.
No one knows god on this planet better than me, you can be sure about that. No book, no preacher, no individual. Christ was God and so were many prophets. Both Gadhafi and Osama Bin Laden had spirit of God living inside of them as well, they were turned into evil just like Christ in his time, and we, the weak human beings are afraid to admit that because of peer pressure, while we readily accept that which is taught in the bible, because bible is accepted by main stream, but God is NOT mainstream, God is power to use our own minds and come up with our own conclusions and not being sheeple. You may not THINK that bible is mainstream, just like McCain can go on the main stream media and complain about mainstream media, but he still IS mainstream troll accepted by the establishment. If you want a real relationship with God you have to put down your books, reach deep within your soul and do your own searching - rewards are awesome.

It may be quite like a commercial depending in what context it was in, below is the statement in the original context:

The God of the Bible (The Whole Testament) is not the same god as the on taught in the Koran. The Bible's God is Jesus Christ. The Koran does not accept Christ as God but, rather, as a great prophet.
No one knows god on this planet better than me, you can be sure about that. No book, no preacher, no individual. Christ was God and so were many prophets. Both Gadhafi and Osama Bin Laden had spirit of God living inside of them as well, they were turned into evil just like Christ in his time, and we, the weak human beings are afraid to admit that because of peer pressure, while we readily accept that which is taught in the bible, because bible is accepted by main stream, but God is NOT mainstream, God is power to use our own minds and come up with our own conclusions and not being sheeple. You may not THINK that bible is mainstream, just like McCain can go on the main stream media and complain about mainstream media, but he still IS mainstream troll accepted by the establishment. If you want a real relationship with God you have to put down your books, reach deep within your soul and do your own searching - rewards are awesome.

The issue lies with the vagueness of TNT.
But what the heck, DS isn't hurting anyone, so what's the problem?

DriftingSand is actually on my friends list even though we disagree on some things related to god, the problem lies with some other users who try to twist my statements.

DriftingSand is actually on my friends list even though we disagree on some things related to god, the problem lies with some other users who try to twist my statements.

People often make statements that don't mean exactly what they are trying to convey. For example, most people say "I could care less" , when they mean "I couldn't care less".

Forum List

Back