Obama Kicked GOP Ass Today.

810.gif

I did not see it.

However, if the republican members are only submitting questions and Obama can demagogue, and controls the microphone, it's easy to see how he would dominate it.

IF you truly have not seen it, it is by choice. Both CNN and MSNBC have been looping it since last night. Only Faux News has chosen not to discuss it anymore, for obvious reasons.

I am not blaming anyone for not seeing it. His face makes me nauseous.

CMike showing off his political prowess again.....I am sometimes amazed that even as ineffectual as the Demcorats were in 2009, that the GOP EVER wins an election with supporters like these!

I wonder if they'll air every meeting he has with republicans so he can keep airing his condescending and blatant attacks on his opposition. It's a wonder he didn't do this sooner!!! He could have arrainged several meetings with the GOP and fussed and whined about they don't vote for anything he puts out there because they are afraid of losing their jobs.... HILARIOUS...seems a lot of Dems are doing that VERY SAME THING!!!

Who arranged this meeting?

I saw it also, I think he did a very good job and the House republicans showed a lot of class also. Boehner even had nice words to say about the meeting. In a whole I think it was good for both sides.

The most intellectual aka the smartest thing Obama could do right now--is kick Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid to the curb & follow minority leader Republican John Boener---:lol::lol:

If not--he & the entire democrat party is toast for the next decade.

View attachment 9355

why would he follow Boehner?

You lost.

L-O-S-T.

You don't set the agenda.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled discussion with (hopefully) more normal people.

I saw it also, I think he did a very good job and the House republicans showed a lot of class also. Boehner even had nice words to say about the meeting. In a whole I think it was good for both sides.

The most intellectual aka the smartest thing Obama could do right now--is kick Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid to the curb & follow minority leader Republican John Boener---:lol::lol:

If not--he & the entire democrat party is toast for the next decade.

View attachment 9355

why would he follow Boehner?

You lost.

L-O-S-T.

You don't set the agenda.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled discussion with (hopefully) more normal people.

That's the Spirit!!

I personally think "kicked ass" is completely the wrong way to look at this. However, I saw Obama accept SOME blame, lay SOME blame at the feet of the Democrats. Lay SOME blame at the feet of the Republicans, but for me, I was most glad to see him not back down from ANY of their questions. He stood his ground. After the recent defeat in MA, I was concerned that he would buckle under the supposed message of the Republican victory in MA. It was good to see that Obama has some moxie.

He certainly explained some things that I was in the dark about, He should be more forthcoming in the future.. Now,, as i said in another thread,, if and when the deals the democrats the same lecture I will no longer doubt his sincerity.. notice today whenever Pelosi and Reid's behavior was brought to his attention he pooo poooed the notion? Instead of acknowledging it he ignored it.

I firmly believe Pelosi is a party unto herself and is no friend of Obama, the Democrats or the country. However, due to the separation of powers, I am not sure if there is anything Obama can do with her. There are times when I hear her speak, you would actually think SHE was the President. Obama has a Pelosi problem, and I see no solution on the horizon unless her constituents finally wake up.

Obama can STOP signing Nancy Pelosi's bills, or actually READ one before he signs it---:lol::lol:

obama lost a lot of good will today

Explain. By letting the American see the All Hat No Cattle Republicans for what they are? Yeah, I'd expect they didn't like being pwned on TV.

The biggest problem with folks like you is you hate it when someone asks him a valid question.

You're too busy getting shivers up your legs and forgetting that he's black for an hour.:cool:

Not one bit. He danced around the issues and tried to impress everyone with the sound of his voice. Nothing more.

They were very pointed and piercing in their questions and he was vague and evasive in his answers.

No other way to take it.

A question that required a simple response took him 10 to 15 mins to answer. They asked him when he was gonna sit down and ask for their input and he rambled on about everything but when it was gonna happen.....if ever.

He claimed that all of those backroom deals were done out in the open and transparent. He claimed that he was open about the process....when in fact not only has the public been shut out of it but the GOP as well. Nobody knows what's in the bill as we speak.

He's nothing but a slick-tongued sweet-talking two-faced lying asshole.

I guess that means he really pissed you off last week, too, huh?

Good.

:D

I wonder if they'll air every meeting he has with republicans so he can keep airing his condescending and blatant attacks on his opposition. It's a wonder he didn't do this sooner!!! He could have arrainged several meetings with the GOP and fussed and whined about they don't vote for anything he puts out there because they are afraid of losing their jobs.... HILARIOUS...seems a lot of Dems are doing that VERY SAME THING!!!

Wow...what an asshat you are. Did you even watch the meeting? The Republicans did NOTHING except whine and use one line talking points and bumper sticker slogans. Are you deaf, dumb AND blind??

Yep...watched it...how could I miss the first and probably ONLY meeting he'll have with republicans???

Here's a great example of how differently you and I view this guy...you see somebody who stood his ground...not sure why he had to do that...but ok. I saw somebody who was fighting his way out of a corner. He got backed up after the SOTU and now he's having to save face by showing up to this meeting...pretty sure he didn't want to be there. I give him props for at least being able to recall SOME of the things he'd been programmed to say from previous interviews.

He did more than just stand his ground...

“What happens is that you guys don’t have a lot of room to negotiate with me,” Obama said. "The fact of the matter is, many of you, if you voted with the administration on something, are politically vulnerable with your own base, with your own party because what you've been telling your constituents is, ‘This guy's doing all kinds of crazy stuff that's going to destroy America."

"I've read your legislation. I take a look at this stuff. And the good ideas we take," Obama said. "It can't be all or nothing, one way or the other … If we put together a stimulus package in which a third of it is tax cuts that normally you guys would support, and support for states and the unemployed and helping people stay on COBRA, that certainly your governors would support … and maybe there are some things in there, with respect to infrastructure, that you don't like … If there's uniform opposition because the Republican caucus doesn't get 100 percent or 80 percent of what you want, then it's going to be difficult to get a deal done, because that's not how democracy works."

I didn't understand then, and I still don't understand, why we got opposition in this caucus for almost $300 billion in badly needed tax cuts for the American people or COBRA coverage to help Americans who'd lost jobs in this recession to keep the health insurance that they desperately needed, or opposition to putting Americans to work laying broadband and rebuilding roads and bridges and breaking ground on new construction projects.

There was an interesting headline in -- in CNN today: Americans disapprove of stimulus, but like every policy in it. And there was a poll that showed that if you broke it down into its component parts, 80 percent approved of the tax cuts, 80 percent approved of the infrastructure, 80 percent approved of the assistance to the unemployed.

Well, that's what the Recovery Act was, and I -- you know, let's face it, some of you have been at the ribbon cuttings for some of these important projects in your communities.

Now, I understand some of you had some philosophical differences, perhaps, on just the concept of government spending, but as I recall, opposition was declared before we had a chance to actually meet and exchange ideas. And I saw that as a missed opportunity.

"You're absolutely right than when I was sworn in, the hope was that unemployment would remain around 8 -- or in the 8 percent range. That was just based on the estimates made by both conservative and liberal economists because at that point not all the data had trickled in.

We had lost 650,000 jobs in December. I'm assuming you're not faulting my policies for that. We had lost, it turns out, 700,000 jobs in January, the month I was sworn in. I'm assuming it wasn't my administration policies that accounted for that. We lost another 650,000 jobs the subsequent month, before any of my policies had gone in to effect. So I'm assuming that wasn't as a consequence of our policies. That doesn't reflect the failure of the Recovery Act.

The point being that what ended up happening was that the job losses from this recession proved to be much more severe in the first quarter of last year going into the second quarter of last year than anybody anticipated.

So, I mean, I think we -- we can score political points on the basis of the fact that we underestimated how severe the job losses were going to be, but those job losses took place before any stimulus, whether it was the ones that you guys have proposed or the ones that we proposed, could have ever taken to effect."

All true, and the main reason FOX pulled away from it halfway through and the GOP congresscritters regretted having cameras there.

Too bad it won't get seen as widely as the SOTU was, but it's getting press, at least.

:D

Also, for those who didn't see the last SNL, there's this from Seth Meyers:

On Friday President Obama appeared before House Republicans in a historic televised Q & A and performed so well,after wards GOP Aids said that allowing cameras to roll like that was a mistake. Come on Republicans,are you on such a Scott Brown high you thought you could take down Barack Obama by debating him? You realize debates are why he is President, right? Seriously, all you do is complain how Obama is all talk and then you invite him to a forum that is literally all talk. That's like saying lets see how tough Aquaman is once we get him in the water. I'm not saying you were out classed but the whole thing was like the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark when the guy charged at Indiana Jones with the sword and he just shot him.

:lol::lol:

I didn't see the whole thing but what I did see didn't lead me to believe anyone kicked anyones ass.

I saw good give and take. At time Barry was in control and at times the GOP was.

I would like to see more of this between the Prez and the GOP and his own Dems.

Interestingly enough, the GOP is now putting out a statement this morning claiming that the debate with the president was a "draw".

Just like the party of no ideas, they can't admit when they had their butts kicked REPEATEDLY.

And, if it WAS a "draw" as the GOP claims, wanna explain why they said it was a mistake to have cameras there?

Shit.......the dumb fuckers can't even keep their stories straight, no wonder they're being taken over by the tea party fringe idiots.

obama lost a lot of good will today

Explain. By letting the American see the All Hat No Cattle Republicans for what they are? Yeah, I'd expect they didn't like being pwned on TV.

The biggest problem with folks like you is you hate it when someone asks him a valid question.

You're too busy getting shivers up your legs and forgetting that he's black for an hour.:cool:

and you're too busy thinking people give a shit what a lisping mudthwithle has to say on an internet message board.

go back to teabagging in the tea rooms you silly old tool

Forum List

Back