Obama Kicked GOP Ass Today.

Yea you sure did hear a whole lot of that "We Won now get over it!!" stuff huh? Can't forget all their "Conservatism is Dead!!" and "The Republican Party is Dead" stuff either. Oh such hubris. Make 2010 count people!

voting for any mainstream republican isnt going to fix anything

Fixing things isn't the goal right now.....reversing all of the damage is.

Did anyone notice the audacity of his answer about tort reform? He said it'd save $5B and then went on to say it was not enough. He just dismissed it out of hand. A splendid display of his status as an idealogue. I did not appreciate any of his answers on the issue of health care.

His answer to the budget query towards the end was just another trip down 'let's blame Bush and the Republicans' lane, ignoring the fact that the Dems have been in charge for 3+ years. Sorry, there is no excuse for all this continued runaway spending. But of course, our esteemed, dear POTUS does not see it that way.

Sometimes I really wonder what's wrong with some of you. The only ones that tort reform will help are physicians and insurance companies. You're out of your mind if you think for one minute that tort reform will lower your insurance premiums. Aside from that, it is a dangerous precedent, since patients have to have some recourse against physicians who are not only incompetent, but also are protected by their own. There aren't that many "frivilous" lawsuits, but if someone is injured by an incompetent physician, why the hell would you want to take away their ability to seek recourse--especially if it is something which will cause them a lot of future expenses.

You put words in my mouth; don't do that. Simply because someone mentions 'tort reform,' it does not mean to deny plaintiffs a fair hearing. There needs to be a balance. There are instances where procedures were done properly, but still there were bad outcomes. Physicians pay far more in liability premiums (some as high as $100K) per annum than many make in a year's salary. There have been too many cases where juries have awarded plaintiffs waaaay too much. With so many congresscritters being lawyers though, tort reform will doubtless never see the light of day. So, relax.....

Last edited:
“The whole thing basically went like [this],” Mike Madden wrote at Salon. “Republican asks obnoxious question rooted in Glenn Beck-ian talking points; Obama swats it away, makes the questioner look silly, and then smiles at the end. It got so bad, in fact, that Fox News cut away from the event before it was over.”

Obama in the Republican lions? den: Obama 2, lions 1 / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Pure partisan bullshit.

No wonder you embrace it.

Hardly.

Obama owned the room.

FoxNews was so scared they cut away from it.

You put words in my mouth; don't do that. Simply because someone mentions 'tort reform,' it does not mean to deny plaintiffs a fair hearing. There needs to be a balance. There are instances where procedures were done properly, but still there were bad outcomes. Physicians pay far more in liability premiums (some as high as $100K) per annum than many make in a year's salary. There have been too many cases where juries have awarded plaintiffs waaaay too much. With so many congresscritters being lawyers though, tort reform will doubtless never see the light of day. So, relax.....

Sorry, I still don't agree. Many OB/GYN's have high premiums. On the other hand, if they screw up a birth, and a child ends up with a brain injury (and I worked with a physiatrist in a children's hospital, so I know it does happen) the parents will have to deal with a lifetime of expenses. So what you may perceive as "waaaay too much", really doesn't come close to caring for this child. Also, there are instances where a high judgement gets a lot of publicity, but you never see the publicity after the appeal, when the judgement is cut in half or less.

I think it is much more critical that physicians and other medical staff seriously start policing their own and stop covering up mistakes. There are far too many mistakes every day that they don't get sued for.

I did not see it.

However, if the republican members are only submitting questions and Obama can demagogue, and controls the microphone, it's easy to see how he would dominate it.

Saw it on the MSM.
:clap:
LOL

I think that he needs to work on kicking the DNC's ass, afterall he had a super majority and got nothing done. He is a lame duck President already and it's not November yet.:lol::lol:
Same thing was said about a US President Obama has studied: Ronald Reagan. Both are written off in their first few years in office.

Learn to think through what you say before you say it.

“The whole thing basically went like [this],” Mike Madden wrote at Salon. “Republican asks obnoxious question rooted in Glenn Beck-ian talking points; Obama swats it away, makes the questioner look silly, and then smiles at the end. It got so bad, in fact, that Fox News cut away from the event before it was over.”

Obama in the Republican lions? den: Obama 2, lions 1 / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Pure partisan bullshit.

No wonder you embrace it.

Hardly.

Obama owned the room.

FoxNews was so scared they cut away from it.

Fox realized the guy was gonna string out his answers so long that he was putting everyone to sleep. Many of his anwers were so dishonest it was laughable.

He looked like a catcher taking fastballs and trying to string out the game with long-winded responses and loooooooong pauses for dramatic effect. Each question was so to the point and so much and indictment on his policies he tried to delay and evade at every turn. It's a tactic a dishonest politician uses when he wants to control the event and lesson the number of piercing questions. He was up there filibustering and everyone knew it.

Nobody was impressed in the room because they've seen it before. He outright lied on several occasions.

They wanted answers and they got piss-poor excuses.

Last edited:
I did not see it.

However, if the republican members are only submitting questions and Obama can demagogue, and controls the microphone, it's easy to see how he would dominate it.

IF you truly have not seen it, it is by choice. Both CNN and MSNBC have been looping it since last night. Only Faux News has chosen not to discuss it anymore, for obvious reasons.

I did not see it.

IF you truly have not seen it, it is by choice. Both CNN and MSNBC have been looping it since last night. Only Faux News has chosen not to discuss it anymore, for obvious reasons.

Yeah, its called pity.
I linked to it earlier in the thread .

I did not see it.

Yeah, its called pity.
I linked to it earlier in the thread .

Oh, spare us!

:lol::lol::lol:

I did not see it.

Most of the "questions" by the cons were simply drawn out talking points, with which Obama easily coped beautifully. But then, you didn't see it.

The GOP types didn't see it, because they are blinded by their own partisan hackery and rhetoric.

It's impossible for them to see anything that isn't part of their party of no ideas.

I did not see it.

I am not blaming anyone for not seeing it. His face makes me nauseous.

I did not see it.

Most of the "questions" by the cons were simply drawn out talking points, with which Obama easily coped beautifully. But then, you didn't see it.

Obama sounded like this at points
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDocL7AfIRo]YouTube - Baby Talk, Bla Bla Bla!!!![/ame]

I did not see it.

I saw it exactly the opposite.

Trying to show Obama supporters the truth about him is like holding a mirror up to their faces and expecting them to see things the way we do.

All they see is the exact opposite of what's really going on.

Forum List

Back