Obama is spending $200 million PER DAY on his little jaunt to India

Status
Not open for further replies.
""I think there has been a lot of creative writing that's been done on this trip over the last few days," he said. "We obviously have some support role for presidential travel ... but I will take the liberty this time of dismissing as absolutely absurd, this notion that somehow we are deploying 10 percent of the Navy, some 34 ships and an aircraft carrier in support of the president's trip to Asia -- that's just comical."- Pentagon Spokesmen Geoff Morrell
Security Entourage Earning Epic Reputation Ahead of Obama India Visit - FoxNews.com

I swear some of you righties are just fucking knuts.

Last edited:
""i think there has been a lot of creative writing that's been done on this trip over the last few days," he said. "we obviously have some support role for presidential travel ... But i will take the liberty this time of dismissing as absolutely absurd, this notion that somehow we are deploying 10 percent of the navy, some 34 ships and an aircraft carrier in support of the president's trip to asia -- that's just comical."

security entourage earning epic reputation ahead of obama india visit - foxnews.com

i swear some of you righties are just fucking knuts.
- pentagon spokesmen geoff morrell

lmao.

You can source something that contradicts that?

Generally speaking, the President doesn't announce how many cars, or planes, or ships are going to be used in his visits for safety reasons. Why this is difficult for people, I don't understand.

I mean, do the math, why in God's name would the President spent more per day on a diplomatic visit to India than is spent per day on a major war in Afghanistan? The story simply doesn't add up.

Bad thing is that even on the factcheck, they are not denying the trip...just saying the cost is exaggerated. I get from that it is still costing a LOT.

Perhaps you're reading what you want to into the Factcheck page? All it states is that there is no credible evidence to support the claim that this trip is costing $200 mil. per day. In fact, it's nearly impossible that it is.

Are people honestly so blinded by their dislike of Obama that they're willing to believe even this innane garbage?

Nah, it sounds plausible, and would be better if fox was the source (They will tell us anything). Renting three hotels is expensive, plus security & the navy. The travel, the entourage. And then the devaluation of the USD. Damn near takes a wheel barrow of money just to get a shave, hair cut and shoe shine these days.

Generally speaking, the President doesn't announce how many cars, or planes, or ships are going to be used in his visits for safety reasons. Why this is difficult for people, I don't understand.

I mean, do the math, why in God's name would the President spent more per day on a diplomatic visit to India than is spent per day on a major war in Afghanistan? The story simply doesn't add up.

How dare you try and insert logic and common sense into a conservative paranoia fest!

HARUMPH!

(Once again, a tip of the hat to the conservatives who called bullshit on this story).

The claim was so absurd, a Pentagon official finally did come out and gave the lie repeaters a nice long tall glass of Shut The Fuck Up.

He wants to show the locals what US power and presence is all about.

BlogPost - Obama's India trip clouded by election results and misinformation on cost
Gibbs also noted that the same reports asserted 34 U.S. warships were being positioned off the Indian coast, a claim he said the Pentagon has denied. "That is simply not true," he said.

Major presidential trips raise the eyebrows of the opposing party, but they will not run the bill up to the equivalent of an NBA basketball team. During Bill Clinton's tenure, his $42.8 million price-tag on his trip to Africa raised cackles. Under George W. Bush, Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) asked the General Accounting Office to investigate how much taxpayers spent on trips around the country for GOP fundraisers (The Post's Dana Milbank said an estimate came to around $15.7 million).

"Whenever a president travels, he or she takes a mini-White House with them, from bulletproof limousines to gaggles of aides. This can come in awfully handy when trouble happens," David Jackson writes in USA Today. "But $200 million a day? Not even close."

Last edited:
Trip to Mumbai | FactCheck.org

This story has spread rapidly among the president’s critics, but there is simply no evidence to support it. And common sense should lead anyone to doubt it. For example, the entire U.S. war effort in Afghanistan currently costs less than that — about $5.7 billion per month, according to the Congressional Research Service, or roughly $190 million per day. How could a peaceful state visit cost more than a war?

What else can you get for $200 million? Try the New Jersey Nets basketball team or possibly the Hope diamond — if only the Smithsonian were selling it.

The hard-to-swallow claim originated with a Nov. 2 Press Trust of India article quoting an unnamed "top official" in the government of Maharashtra (one of India’s states). The source was quoted as saying that Obama’s upcoming trip to Mumbai will cost $200 million per day for security and living arrangements, among other things. The story claimed that the president would be accompanied by about 3,000 people, including Secret Service agents, government officials and journalists, and will stay at the Taj Mahal Hotel — the scene of a 2008 terrorist attack.

We find stories based on anonymous sources always deserve special caution, especially when they come from only one news organization. In this case, the anonymous official is not even in the U.S. government, and any information about costs would necessarily have come second-hand at best, an added reason for caution.

Do Conseratives ever get tired of lying?

Do Conservatives ever get tired of being gullible?

Trip to Mumbai | FactCheck.org

This story has spread rapidly among the president’s critics, but there is simply no evidence to support it. And common sense should lead anyone to doubt it. For example, the entire U.S. war effort in Afghanistan currently costs less than that — about $5.7 billion per month, according to the Congressional Research Service, or roughly $190 million per day. How could a peaceful state visit cost more than a war?

What else can you get for $200 million? Try the New Jersey Nets basketball team or possibly the Hope diamond — if only the Smithsonian were selling it.

The hard-to-swallow claim originated with a Nov. 2 Press Trust of India article quoting an unnamed "top official" in the government of Maharashtra (one of India’s states). The source was quoted as saying that Obama’s upcoming trip to Mumbai will cost $200 million per day for security and living arrangements, among other things. The story claimed that the president would be accompanied by about 3,000 people, including Secret Service agents, government officials and journalists, and will stay at the Taj Mahal Hotel — the scene of a 2008 terrorist attack.

We find stories based on anonymous sources always deserve special caution, especially when they come from only one news organization. In this case, the anonymous official is not even in the U.S. government, and any information about costs would necessarily have come second-hand at best, an added reason for caution.

"fact check" is a left wing organization. What they say is meaningless.

Yanno...I am sick of the Obamas pissing away taxpayers' money on their extravagant trips and vacations.

Add "general douchebag" on top of "dumbass".

Sticks and stones....

But keep kissing Obama's Muslim ass.

Gee, you didn't act so non-chalant in your response to my neg rep.

So now Obama is a Muslim too?

You are obviously dumber than bricks.

I am still laughing at your belief that 200 million a day was a legitimate figure.

If you are a super villain, would you hold the world ransom for 100 million-billion dollars?

And you still have not come up with one bit of proof that it is not.

Keep up the negative reps. I want to see if I can break the record for negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back