Obama is spending $200 million PER DAY on his little jaunt to India

Status
Not open for further replies.

barenakedislam

Dec 30, 2009
Aren't you happy there's so much extra cash in the Treasury that Obama can afford to take 3,000 of his closest friends and relatives to India on your dime?

obama_nose_in_the_air_xlarge-vi.jpg

Roll the (money printing) presses, Obama needs to replenish his Debit card.

“The unprecedented amount of around $200 million/day would be spent on security, stay and other aspects of the Presidential visit,” a top official of the Maharashtra Government privy to the arrangements for the high-profile visit said.

US to spend $200 mn a day on Obama's Mumbai visit

Aren't you happy there's so much extra cash in the Treasury that Obama can afford to take 3,000 of his closest friends and relatives to India on your dime?

Didint you read the story? Closest friends? As far as i can tell, he isnt taking one person that isnt a government employee or journalist. Thats still an absurd amount of money to be spending per day though. Something tells me this is an exagerated figure.

By the way, im a republican, so dont even go there... and for the record dumb fuck, if you need to make up lies or stretch the truth in order to make the dems look bad, then you got no business even talking politics at all. Theres plenty of real things theyre doing that we can complain about.

Last edited:

Didint you read the story? Closest friends? As far as i can tell, he isnt taking one person that isnt a government employee or journalist. Thats still an absurd amount of money to be spending per day though. Something tells me this is an exagerated figure.

By the way, im a republican, so dont even go there... and for the record dumb fuck, if you need to make up lies or stretch the truth in order to make the dems look bad, then you got no business even talking politics at all. Theres plenty of real things theyre doing that we can complain about.

Let's pretend that the figure is 4 times what it will actually cost....... is 50 million a day acceptable to you? 40 aircraft, a ship, 3000 people??????
I think that we can't afford to let this clown out of the White House for the rest of his lousy term. If he wants to go to India as a regular citizen on his own dime, we'll pay for a minimum security detail. I don't give a shit what excuse this imbecile comes up for this useless visit to that country, it's not worth the cost.
How many of the poor, starving people without health care would 200 million a day take care of? How much would that money help cancer research? Fuck him and his pompous bullshit....... do the Indians know he eats Wagu Beef?

Last edited:

Nothing here is made up. Prove that it is if you don't believe it. Why would I have to make stuff up about this lowlife Muslim/Commie bastard in chief?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Let's pretend that the figure is 4 times what it will actually cost....... is 50 million a day acceptable to you? 40 aircraft, a ship, 3000 people??????
I think that we can't afford to let this clown out of the White House for the rest of his lousy term. If he wants to go to India as a regular citizen on his own dime, we'll pay for a minimum security detail. I don't give a shit what excuse this imbecile comes up for this useless visit to that country, it's not worth the cost.
How many of the poor, starving people without health care would 200 million a day take care of? How much would that money help cancer research? Fuck him and his pompous bullshit....... do the Indians know he eats Wagu Beef?

I thought he already was doing an excellent job of bankrupting the country. I guess it's not fast enough for him, now that he knows he only has 2 years left to finish the job.

“The unprecedented amount of around $200 million/day would be spent on security, stay and other aspects of the Presidential visit,” a top official of the Maharashtra Government privy to the arrangements for the high-profile visit said.

Your story is false. Made up then Drudge picked it up an ran with it as always.

Ask FactCheck: Trip to Mumbai
November 3, 2010

Q: Is President Obama’s trip to India going to cost $200 million per day?

A: This highly doubtful claim originated with one Indian news agency quoting an anonymous source in Mumbai. The White House says it is "wildly exaggerated," and there’s no evidence to support such a huge figure.

FULL QUESTION

There are reports all over that Obama’s India trip will cost $200 million per day. I haven’t been able to find a credible rebuttal to this but I can’t believe it could be true.

FULL ANSWER

This story has spread rapidly among the president’s critics, but there is simply no evidence to support it. And common sense should lead anyone to doubt it. For example, the entire U.S. war effort in Afghanistan currently costs less than that — about $5.7 billion per month, according to the Congressional Research Service, or roughly $190 million per day. How could a peaceful state visit cost more than a war?

What else can you get for $200 million? Try the New Jersey Nets basketball team or possibly the Hope diamond — if only the Smithsonian were selling it.

The hard-to-swallow claim originated with a Nov. 2 Press Trust of India article quoting an unnamed "top official" in the government of Maharashtra (one of India’s states). The source was quoted as saying that Obama’s upcoming trip to Mumbai will cost $200 million per day for security and living arrangements, among other things. The story claimed that the president would be accompanied by about 3,000 people, including Secret Service agents, government officials and journalists, and will stay at the Taj Mahal Hotel — the scene of a 2008 terrorist attack.

We find stories based on anonymous sources always deserve special caution, especially when they come from only one news organization. In this case, the anonymous official is not even in the U.S. government, and any information about costs would necessarily have come second-hand at best, an added reason for caution.

Nevertheless, the story was widely repeated without any additional reporting. Soon after the article was released, The Drudge Report — a news aggregation website — linked to the Press Trust of India article, with the headline "REPORT: US to spend $200 million per day on Obama’s Mumbai visit…" Later that day, Rush Limbaugh claimed on his radio show that "Five hundred seven rooms at the Taj Mahal, 40 airplanes, $200 million a day this nation will spend on Obama’s trip to India." He repeats the "$200 million a day" claim several times throughout the show without specifying its source.

Ask FactCheck: Trip to Mumbai | FactCheck.org

Pathetic attempt to hammer the president yet again.

My dog just mind melded with me and assures me that you have the brain of a peanut!

I do question the daily amount, if the number of his entourage is true at 3,000, that would extrapolate to $66,666 per person per day, something doesn't make a lot of sense with this math, I would love to know the whole story here, maybe he is trying to subsidies the Indian economy.....

Bad thing is that even on the fact check, they are not denying the trip...just saying the cost is exaggerated. I get from that it is still costing a LOT.

Bad thing is that even on the fact check, they are not denying the trip...just saying the cost is exaggerated. I get from that it is still costing a LOT.

The number came from the Indian government. Why would they lie?

Your story is false. Made up then Drudge picked it up an ran with it as always.

Ask FactCheck: Trip to Mumbai
November 3, 2010

Q: Is President Obama’s trip to India going to cost $200 million per day?

A: This highly doubtful claim originated with one Indian news agency quoting an anonymous source in Mumbai. The White House says it is "wildly exaggerated," and there’s no evidence to support such a huge figure.

FULL QUESTION

There are reports all over that Obama’s India trip will cost $200 million per day. I haven’t been able to find a credible rebuttal to this but I can’t believe it could be true.

FULL ANSWER

This story has spread rapidly among the president’s critics, but there is simply no evidence to support it. And common sense should lead anyone to doubt it. For example, the entire U.S. war effort in Afghanistan currently costs less than that — about $5.7 billion per month, according to the Congressional Research Service, or roughly $190 million per day. How could a peaceful state visit cost more than a war?

What else can you get for $200 million? Try the New Jersey Nets basketball team or possibly the Hope diamond — if only the Smithsonian were selling it.

The hard-to-swallow claim originated with a Nov. 2 Press Trust of India article quoting an unnamed "top official" in the government of Maharashtra (one of India’s states). The source was quoted as saying that Obama’s upcoming trip to Mumbai will cost $200 million per day for security and living arrangements, among other things. The story claimed that the president would be accompanied by about 3,000 people, including Secret Service agents, government officials and journalists, and will stay at the Taj Mahal Hotel — the scene of a 2008 terrorist attack.

We find stories based on anonymous sources always deserve special caution, especially when they come from only one news organization. In this case, the anonymous official is not even in the U.S. government, and any information about costs would necessarily have come second-hand at best, an added reason for caution.

Nevertheless, the story was widely repeated without any additional reporting. Soon after the article was released, The Drudge Report — a news aggregation website — linked to the Press Trust of India article, with the headline "REPORT: US to spend $200 million per day on Obama’s Mumbai visit…" Later that day, Rush Limbaugh claimed on his radio show that "Five hundred seven rooms at the Taj Mahal, 40 airplanes, $200 million a day this nation will spend on Obama’s trip to India." He repeats the "$200 million a day" claim several times throughout the show without specifying its source.

Ask FactCheck: Trip to Mumbai | FactCheck.org

Pathetic attempt to hammer the president yet again.

This sorry excuse for a human being needs to be hammered a lot more. We have only begun to destroy his Muslim Marxist presidency. And his ugly hog of a wife who tries to tell everyone else what to eat. Hasn't she seen her fat ass in a mirror?

Exactly. I was just going by what was in the fact check that was given. It was evasive. So, we know it is going to be extremely expensive.

Exactly. I was just going by what was in the fact check that was given. It was evasive. So, we know it is going to be extremely expensive.

Can you imagine if GW Bush tried to take 3000 people on a trip overseas? Why the hell do 3000 people have to go on this trip? Payback for supporters on our backs?

Can you imagine if GW Bush tried to take 3000 people on a trip overseas? Why the hell do 3000 people have to go on this trip? Payback for supporters on our backs?

Why dont you wait for the facts to expose themselves instead of assuming. The only news sources reporting this are off the wall.

Why dont you wait for the facts to expose themselves instead of assuming. The only news sources reporting this are off the wall.

Because she's not interested in facts. Trolls never are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back