Obama has an epiphany. Finally admits we are at war.

The jihad movement is localized and centered in the middle east, and the attack on twin towers was an extension of that jihad. Sorry for not clarifying to all of you confused by the statement. The jihad is localized because muslims in America, Canada, Mexico, South America, Africa, China, Australia, Russia, and Europe are not participating in this jihad. The jihad is centralized in the Middle east, and thus localized. If you wish to continue to blow the statement out of proportion go ahead.

I think there are probably more centers of jihadism than just in the Middle East though that certainly is a focal point in the war on terrorism. Defeat jihadism there or render it mostly toothless, and we will have accomplished a great goal.

I received this e-mail recently and thought it interesting, but have no way of knowing whether it is authentic or accurate. I am trying to get hold of a copy of Hammond's book that it references:

Islam is not a religion, nor is it a cult. In its fullest form, it is a complete, total, 100% system of life.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic, social, and military components. The religious component is a beard for all of the other components.

Islamization begins when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their religious privileges.

When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their religious privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as well.

Here's how it works:

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:

United States -- Muslim 0.6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
China -- Muslim 1.8%
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs. This is happening in:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%
Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
Spain -- Muslim 4%
Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring in:

France -- Muslim 8%
Philippines -- 5%
Sweden -- Muslim 5%
Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections in:

Guyana -- Muslim 10%
India -- Muslim 13.4%
Israel -- Muslim 16%
Kenya -- Muslim 10%
Russia -- Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%
Chad -- Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania -- Muslim 70%
Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%
Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%
Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%
Egypt -- Muslim 90%
Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%
Iran -- Muslim 98%
Iraq -- Muslim 97%
Jordan -- Muslim 92%
Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan -- Muslim 97%
Palestine -- Muslim 99%
Syria -- Muslim 90%
Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%
Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:

Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%
Somalia -- Muslim 100%
Yemen -- Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

'Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; the tribe against the world, and all of us against the infidel. -- Leon Uris, 'The Haj'

It is important to understand that in some countries, with well under 100% Muslim populations, such as France, the minority Muslim populations live in ghettos, within which they are 100% Muslim, and within which they live by Sharia Law. The national police do not even enter these ghettos. There are no national courts, nor schools, nor non-Muslim religious facilities. In such situations, Muslims do not integrate into the community at large. The children attend madrasses. They learn only the Koran. To even associate with an infidel is a crime punishable with death. Therefore, in some areas of certain nations, Muslim Imams and extremists exercise more power than the national average would indicate.

Today's 1.5 billion Muslims make up 22% of the world's population. But their birth rates dwarf the birth rates of Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, and all other believers. Muslims will exceed 50% of the world's population by the end of this century.

Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat

If it is true it is a rather interesting statistic. I suppose there are many centers for jihadism as you say but yeah the central one against the United States is ME based.

"I think there are probably more centers of jihadism than just in the Middle East though that certainly is a focal point in the war on terrorism. Defeat jihadism there or render it mostly toothless, and we will have accomplished a great goal."

That was the kind of analytic and higher thinking being response I was hoping for, thank you. All I've gotten is a bunch of :cuckoo: crap lol.

:cuckoo: Clean up. Looney. Aisle one.

Hey, psst. sboyle.

Did you know that we are at war?

The child-king President finally figured it out.

You should, too!

Pass it on.

I guess if you consider a localized Jihad us being at war then sure. Not all of us respect the Jihad enough to consider it a war though.

The Conservative word bank seems to be limited to three power words; War, Terrorism/terrorist, and No.

Sorry he isn't on a base. He isn't even in the field.

He made a completely idiotic statement.

He said that he doesn't respect this "localized jihad" group to consider it a war.

What a moron :cuckoo:

Maybe you just misunderstood my intended statement and have since taken your disagreement to ridiculous levels?

sboyle,
I mentioned your statement and you said it was not exactly what you meant. I respect that. Now, what is your opinion on Al Qaeda at this point?

sboyle,
I mentioned your statement and you said it was not exactly what you meant. I respect that. Now, what is your opinion on Al Qaeda at this point?

Fuck Al Qaeda. That is all, for it has shown that any other opinion will draw a violent reaction from a few people.

sboyle,

Fuck Al Qaeda. That is all, for it has shown that any other opinion will draw a violent reaction from a few people.

Good God, you are an imbecile.

What you just posted suggests that you actually harbor an opinion of al qaeda that doesn't boil down to "fuck them." But because you are concerned about a "violent" reaction from anonymous folks at a political discussion board on the interwebz, you won't say what you actually mean???

You are a joke.

sboyle,

I won't deride your opinion. I want to discuss why you think they are an ineffectual group of isolated extremists localized to the middle east....when in fact several Al Qaeda cells have been arrested right here in the United States.

sboyle,

What you just posted suggests that you actually harbor an opinion of al qaeda that doesn't boil down to "fuck them." But because you are concerned about a "violent" reaction from anonymous folks at a political discussion board on the interwebz, you won't say what you actually mean???

You are a joke.

ahhahaha :clap2::clap2:
Maybe it is just anything I say then? Regardless of its merit? I know you've been quite the animate about anything and everything.

I feel like the source of Al Qaeda and related Jihad are localized in the Middle East. They aren't a world-wide phenomenon.
I know what your going to say

1. Good god your an Idiot there is nothing middle about the middle east. You are a joke!
2. How does god let people like you exist?
3. Can you back that up with facts retard?!?!
4. Something similar to "Only in your small, empty head."
5. WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER JIHADS IN THE WORLD THEY ARE JIHADS TOO!!!

I don't care. :razz:

What about the homegrown Al Qaeda operatives who blew up those buses in the U.K? What about the Madrid bombings? Those don't sound localized to the middle east to me...what do you think sboyle?

You are a joke.

ahhahaha :clap2::clap2:
Maybe it is just anything I say then?
:cuckoo:

Maybe WHAT is? Helpful hint time: use complete sentences to express full-formed thoughts. It aids in the process of "communication."
Regardless of its merit?
Another example of the merits of what I just advised you to try.

I know you've been quite the animate about anything and everything.

You "know" no such thing. Your interpretation is as vapid as much of what you post.

I feel like the source of Al Qaeda and related Jihad are localized in the Middle East. They aren't a world-wide phenomenon.

Your "feeling" is beside the point. You are wrong.
I know what your going to say

Considering that I exposed the silliness of your "thinking" the last time you made that stupid pronouncement, you should be able to predict that my reaction to your vapid bullshit will not have changed.

1. Good god your an Idiot there is nothing middle about the middle east. You are a joke!

No. I never said there's nothing middle about the middle east. You may well be actually retarded.

2. How does [G]od let people like you exist?

Mental retardation is nothing new.

3. Can you back that up with facts retard?!?!

You've failed repeatedly, so far.

4. Something similar to "Only in your small, empty head."

Close enough. You shared your "feeling." That's nice. Not of any use to a debate, but nice.

5. WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER JIHADS IN THE WORLD THEY ARE JIHADS TOO!!!

What other Jihads do you have in mind (all caps or otherwise)?

I don't care. :razz:

Another unpersuasive fact. Nobody cares whether you care or not. But, you do SEEM to care.

Last edited:
Why did she run away when asked the questions I asked?

Hmmmmmmm....kinda makes you wonder what exactly her agenda is on this message board.

Okay, why don't we focus on facts instead of beating up on each other? In a way we're all correct at least in part here. The following is my understanding of al Qaida:

1) It is the most recognizable name of a terrorist organization that can and does operate under other names as well. Hamas and Hezbollah and other well known Islamic organizations may be separate groups but are certainly spiritual brethren of al Qaida, share similar goals, and most likely receive some funding from al Qaida.

2) Al Qaida was originally seriously mobilized to rebuff the U.S.S.R.'s assault on Afghanistan. It was successful, making it heroes and respectable in all the Islamic world, and eventually headquartered in Afghanistan until mostly driven out by the USA and coalition forces following 9/11.

3) It is now headquartered somewhere on either side of the long, common Pakistan/Afghanistan border.

4) Al Qaida cells are most likely operating throughout portions of Europe, Africa, Asia (including the Middle East), and North and South America though the concentration of military action is now northwestern Pakistan. It is not clear how much of the terrorism being exported from Iran and existing in Iraq is funded by or supported by al Qaida, but it is possible, even probable, that much of it is.

5) The stated purpose of al Qaida and all groups like it is to bring all the world into Islam and remove the scourge of the infidels everywhere. The focus and excuse for the hatred remains primarily Israel, but if Israel is destroyed, al Qaida will again find another focus for its hatred.

Al-Qaeda

Details
Center of Gravity: Pakistan
Scope: Worldwide
Area of Operation: Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, United States, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Philippines, Jordan, Kuwait, Iran, Chechnya
State Sponsor: Formerly Sudan, Formerly Afghanistan
Goal: To spread militant Sunni Islam worldwide
Leader: Osama bin Laden
Core membership: 1,000's
Alias(es): Islamic Army1, Al-Qaida, Al-Qa'ida, Al-Qaeda al-Sulbah, The Base2, International Front for Fighting Jews and Crusaders, Islamic Army for the Liberation of Holy Sites, The Islamic Army for the Liberation of the Holy Places, The World Islamic Front for Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders, Osama bin Ladin Network
Former leader: Abdullah Azzam
Key members: Ayman al-Zawahiri, Mohammed Atef, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, Saif al-Adel, Shaikh Saiid al-Masri, Saad bin Laden
Formed: August 1988

Narrative and Notes

Reliable Al-Qaeda was formed in 1988 by veterans of the anti-Soviet civil war in Afghanistan, with the purpose of exporting the victory worldwide.

At its core was Azzam and his deputy, bin Laden, who may have differed how best to proceed. When Azzam was killed in 1989, bin Laden assumed full control of the organization.

Though he was a Saudi, most of his senior leadership was Egyptian.

Between 1991 and 1996, al-Qaeda was headquarted in Sudan, where it enjoyed friendly relations with the governing National Islamic Front. International pressure forced bin Laden to relocate back to Afghanistan in 1996, where it allied with the then-nascent Taliban.

In late 2001, most of its training camps were destroyed, and the group became somewhat diffuse, with much of its leadership relocating either to Iran, the mountainous region along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, or to Pakistan's cities.

Many of those work in Pakistan's cities were caught. The status of the leadership in Iran remains unclear.

Al-Qaeda's purpose is to spread jihad worldwide through a number of means, including funding and training Islamic and ethnic guerilla movements, issuing propaganda aimed at inspiring freelance jihadists to commit acts of terrorism, and organizating and conducting complex attacks on countries it sees opposing it.

The organization is funded largely by charitable donations, some intended, and some diverted by symathizers from poorly managed Gulf charities. Before 9-11, the organization had an estimated annual budget of about $30 million.

The U.S. State Department declared al-Qaeda a "foreign terrorist organization" in October 1999.1,5
Al-Qaeda

al-Qa'ida (The Base)
Qa‘idat al-Jihad

Islamic Army for the Liberation of the Holy Places
World Islamic Front for Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders
Islamic Salvation Foundation
Usama bin Laden Network

Al-Qa'ida is multi-national, with members from numerous countries and with a worldwide presence. Senior leaders in the organization are also senior leaders in other terrorist organizations, including those designated by the Department of State as foreign terrorist organizations, such as the Egyptian al-Gama'at al-Islamiyya and the Egyptian al-Jihad. Al-Qa'ida seeks a global radicalization of existing Islamic groups and the creation of radical Islamic groups where none exist.

Al-Qa'ida supports Muslim fighters in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Chechnya, Tajikistan, Somalia, Yemen, and Kosovo. It also trains members of terrorist organizations from such diverse countries as the Philippines, Algeria, and Eritrea.

Al-Qa'ida's goal is to "unite all Muslims and to establish a government which follows the rule of the Caliphs." Bin Laden has stated that the only way to establish the Caliphate is by force. Al-Qa'ida's goal, therefore, is to overthrow nearly all Muslim governments, which are viewed as corrupt, to drive Western influence from those countries, and eventually to abolish state boundaries.

Description
Established by Usama Bin Ladin in the late 1980s to bring together Arabs who fought in Afghanistan against the Soviet Union. Helped finance, recruit, transport, and train Sunni Islamic extremists for the Afghan resistance. Current goal is to establish a pan-Islamic Caliphate throughout the world by working with allied Islamic extremist groups to overthrow regimes it deems “non-Islamic” and expelling Westerners and non-Muslims from Muslim countries–particularly Saudi Arabia. Issued statement under banner of “the World Islamic Front for Jihad Against the Jews and Crusaders” in February 1998, saying it was the duty of all Muslims to kill US citizens—civilian or military—and their allies everywhere. Merged with Egyptian Islamic Jihad (Al-Jihad) in June 2001.

Activities
In 2003, carried out the assault and bombing on 12 May of three expatriate housing complexes in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, that killed 20 and injured 139. Assisted in carrying out the bombings on 16 May in Casablanca, Morocco, of a Jewish center, restaurant, nightclub, and hotel that killed 41 and injured 101. Probably supported the bombing of the J.W. Marriott Hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia, on 5 August that killed 17 and injured 137. Responsible for the assault and bombing on 9 November of a housing complex in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, that killed 17 and injured 100. Conducted the bombings of two synagogues in Istanbul, Turkey, on 15 November that killed 23 and injured 200 and the bombings in Istanbul of the British Consulate and HSBC Bank on 20 November that resulted in 27 dead and 455 injured. Has been involved in some attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq.

In 2002, carried out bombing on 28 November of hotel in Mombasa, Kenya, killing 15 and injuring 40. Probably supported a nightclub bombing in Bali, Indonesia, on 12 October that killed about 180. Responsible for an attack on US military personnel in Kuwait, on 8
October, that killed one US soldier and injured another. Directed a suicide attack on the MV Limburg off the coast of Yemen, on 6 October that killed one and injured four. Carried out a firebombing of a synagogue in Tunisia on 11 April that killed 19 and injured 22. On 11 September 2001, 19 al-Qaida suicide attackers hijacked and crashed four US commercial jets, two into the World Trade Center in New York City, one into the Pentagon near Washington, DC, and a fourth into a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, leaving about 3,000 individuals dead or missing. Directed the 12 October 2000 attack on the USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, killing 17 US Navy members, and injuring another 39. Conducted the bombings in August 1998 of the US Embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, that killed at least 301 individuals and injured more than 5,000 others. Claims to have shot down US helicopters and killed US servicemen in Somalia in 1993 and to have conducted three bombings that targeted US troops in Aden, Yemen, in December 1992.

Al-Qaida is linked to the following plans that were disrupted or not carried out: to assassinate Pope John Paul II during his visit to Manila in late 1994, to kill President Clinton during a visit to the Philippines in early 1995, to bomb in midair a dozen US trans-Pacific flights in 1995, and to set off a bomb at Los Angeles International Airport in 1999. Also plotted to carry out terrorist operations against US and Israeli tourists visiting Jordan for millennial celebrations in late 1999. (Jordanian authorities thwarted the planned attacks and put 28 suspects on trial.) In December 2001, suspected al-Qaida associate Richard Colvin Reid attempted to ignite a shoe bomb on a transatlantic flight from Paris to Miami. Attempted to shoot down an Israeli chartered plane with a surface-to-air missile as it departed the Mombasa airport in November 2002.
Strength

Al-Qaida probably has several thousand members and associates. The arrests of senior-level al-Qaida operatives have interrupted some terrorist plots. Also serves as a focal point or umbrella organization for a worldwide network that includes many Sunni Islamic extremist groups, some members of al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya, the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, and the Harakat ul-Mujahidin.

Location/Area of Operation
Al-Qaida has cells worldwide and is reinforced by its ties to Sunni extremist networks. Was based in Afghanistan until Coalition forces removed the Taliban from power in late 2001. Al-Qaida has dispersed in small groups across South Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East and probably will attempt to carry out future attacks against US interests.

External Aid
Al-Qaida maintains moneymaking front businesses, solicits donations from likeminded supporters, and illicitly siphons funds from donations to Muslim charitable organizations. US and international efforts to block al-Qaida funding has hampered the group’s ability to obtain money.
al-Qa'ida (The Base) / World Islamic Front for Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders / Usama bin Laden

Let us further all acknowledge and admit that where ever on Earth al qaeda was first formed, and regardless of which region (i.e., the Arab world/mid-east) is it's main sphere of influence and focus (did I mention that this is clearly the Arab world and the mid-East?), they STILL operate globally. This latter fact is observed when we see al qaeda shitfucks engaging in terrorist activities in Great Britain, in the far East, in Spain, in Africa and in North America.

Al Qaida was originally seriously mobilized to rebuff the U.S.S.R.'s assault on Afghanistan. It was successful, making it heroes and respectable in all the Islamic world, and eventually headquartered in Afghanistan until mostly driven out by the USA and coalition forces following 9/11.

This is not correct as Al Qaeda didn't exist when Bin Laden was fighting the Soviet and he had no friendship with Zawahiri then. Bin Laden led a group of U.S. backed mujahadeen guerrila fighters against the Soviet. Zawahiri was a member of Egyptian Islamic Jihad and waged a terror campaign against Israel because of the Palestinian issue. This is why the Palestinian subject comes up continually in Bin Laden's tapes he sends out to the rest of the world along with the rest of his perverted diatribe. After the Soviet left Afghanistan Bin Laden and Zawahiri hooked up to form Al Qaeda which brought Egyptian Islamic Jihad and a host of smaller terrorist factions who ascribed to the Muslim Brotherhood's views under one umbrella and brought in a ton of money to wage terror around the world.

Last edited:
Al Qaida was originally seriously mobilized to rebuff the U.S.S.R.'s assault on Afghanistan. It was successful, making it heroes and respectable in all the Islamic world, and eventually headquartered in Afghanistan until mostly driven out by the USA and coalition forces following 9/11.

This is not correct as Al Qaeda didn't exist when Bin Laden was fighting the Soviet and he had no friendship with Zawahiri then. Bin Laden led a group of U.S. backed mujahadeen guerrila fighters against the Soviet. Zawahiri was a member of Egyptian Islamic Jihad and waged a terror campaign against Israel because of the Palestinian issue. This is why the Palestinian subject comes up continually in Bin Laden's tapes he sends out to the rest of the world along with the rest of his perverted diatribe. After the Soviet left Afghanistan Bin Laden and Zawahiri hooked up to form Al Qaeda which brought Egyptian Islamic Jihad and a host of smaller terrorist factions who ascribed to the Muslim Brotherhood's views under one umbrella and brought in a ton of money to wage terror around the world.

Interesting. The two sources I posted recall it somewhat differently, but you may have a better one and may very well be right. Do you have a credible source that would dispute our own government intelligence and the other resource site?

Or, at second blush, maybe your facts and what I posted aren't entirely in disagreement? Just approach from different angles?

EDIT: Okay, after further review, you are correct. I misspoke that al Qaida was organized to rebuff the USSR.....even my own sources rebutt my own statement. Sorry about that. I stand corrected.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back