Reactionary Liberals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Skull Pilot, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,025
    Haven't I been saying all along that I am liberal in the truest sense of the word and all those that call themselves liberals today are really nothing but authoritarians ?

2. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    Just like those who profess themselves to be conservatives are really neo-cons.

Tell us though, how do today's liberals restrict freedom?

For EXAMPLE, we beleive we should be FREE to have affordable health-care and not be RESTRAINED by what our employers choose or what the insurance companies dictate...please OP, list your many gripes and complaints.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  3. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,025
    You assume I claim to be a conservative?

I have said over and over that I am a true liberal.

You believe health care should be free but Dimocrats aka today's "liberals" are crafting a bill that forces people to buy health insurance and not just any health insurance but the health insurance government tells you to buy or else be slapped with punitive taxes.

That is lessening my freedom is it not?

4. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,326

What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label "Liberal?" If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then ... we are not that kind of "Liberal." But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal." [JFK September 14, 1960]

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    ie:
    Other people should be forced to pay for your healthcare.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I'm pleased that you still have basic functions such as the ability to type, even if you are brain dead.

7. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,025
    HAH

JFK would be called a neocon today.

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    JFK would not be a member of today's DNC.

If liberal meant what it used to mean, if the DNC was the DNC of old, I would probably be a member.

9. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    Conservatives are so concerned with NOT paying for other people's healthcare or whatever that they hurt themselves in the process.

Listen, we all know its not perfect, HOWEVER it is a START in the right direction. No other President in decades has been able to get anything done concerning the COMPLETELY BROKEN healthcare system.

Why don't you people forget about who is "getting over on your dime" and worry about helping the sytem as a whole...concentrate on what is to be gained.

I just don't understand this absolutely selfish attitude coming from the party that PROFESSES to be the party of Christians and Christianity.

It absolutely boggles my mind, as this attitude is the anti-thesis of Christ's teachings.

The Scripture states, to the least of these...if you treat them well, you treat Me well. (paraphrasing a little bit for modern translation)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    We are all aware that the current system needs fixing, however, some of us are not stupid enough to fall for the manufactured crisis by this Administration to push through this ridiculous bill. This bill does not address the problems. This is not about healthcare, it is about government control.