Obama asks black NY Governor not to run

WTF?

Preamble and the 10th. ALL need to let the WH know this is unacceptable.

Will all of you spare your faux outrage? You don't think the heads of political parties never told a candidate or someone in office NOT to run for political office?

Should Obama do this? No, let Paterson learn the hard way.

However, don't act like this shit hasn't been done before. The willful ignorance is so obvious.

then wtf is your issue? condemn it and move on.....

I'm still waiting for Obama to rub Angela Merkel's shoulders.

:lol:

won't happen.

we have elections next sunday, i am still undecided, i think i will throw away my vote on 8th party candidates.
EIGHTH !!!!!!!!!!

LOL
sheeesh, to have so many viable choices

lots and lots of parties, 5 viable, they will get more of 5 % of the vote. that is the entry ticket to parliament, the rest is wasted.

this summer there was the election for the EU parliament, now there were some freak parties around...:lol:

:lol:

won't happen.

we have elections next sunday, i am still undecided, i think i will throw away my vote on 8th party candidates.
EIGHTH !!!!!!!!!!

LOL
sheeesh, to have so many viable choices

lots and lots of parties, 5 viable, they will get more of 5 % of the vote. that is the entry ticket to parliament, the rest is wasted.

this summer there was the election for the EU parliament, now there were some freak parties around...:lol:
even though i would like more viable choices, i wouldnt want your system, EVER ;)
we just need some serious TWEAKING to our system

Is patterson green?

He is the FIRST black man ever to be NY gov, suppose Patterson asked Obama to not run in 2012 if Obama was losing in the polls, would that be ok?

I bet that Obama wants to fill the position with a black man or woman, but with someone who has the same vision as Obama.

Is patterson green?

He is the FIRST black man ever to be NY gov, suppose Patterson asked Obama to not run in 2012 if Obama was losing in the polls, would that be ok?

I bet that Obama wants to fill the position with a black man or woman, but with someone who has the same vision as Obama.

I think it's more mundane than that.

Gov. Patterson is a bit of an assclown. A joke.

The NY State Senate recently made itself into a really poor national joke via its transparent inability to govern itself along normal institutional lines.

Thus, in NY, the Democrat Parody is looking hideous which is a real political problem for them when they have the State House and both house of the NY State Lagislature. I believe the concern by the Democratics is that they will shortly be divested of such power. Even if that's JUST in the Senate (returning NY back to its status quo ante), they will become a lot more susceptible to being picked-off politically. There is a concern amongst the State's Democrat politicos that it could impact on local elections and even Congressional elections. It could put a Republican back into the State House.

So in snakey fashion, the Democratic honchos in NY and in DC are moving with all the subtelty of a blunderbuss, to oust the "problem." As ineffectual as Gov. Patterson is, the reality is that he is not "the" real problem for the Democratics.

Their real problem is that they are more concerned with maintaining political power throughout the State than they are in acting in a united fashion to further the liberal Democrat agenda. As a consequence, I was a HUGE fan of the State Senate stalemate! I still wish I could put that stuff into a bottle and spray it into the Bourban and Branchwater over at Foggy Bottom The less they do, the happier I am.

Is patterson green?

I think it's more mundane than that.

Gov. Patterson is a bit of an assclown. A joke.

The NY State Senate recently made itself into a really poor national joke via its transparent inability to govern itself along normal institutional lines.

Thus, in NY, the Democrat Parody is looking hideous which is a real political problem for them when they have the State House and both house of the NY State Lagislature. I believe the concern by the Democratics is that they will shortly be divested of such power. Even if that's JUST in the Senate (returning NY back to its status quo ante), they will become a lot more susceptible to being picked-off politically. There is a concern amongst the State's Democrat politicos that it could impact on local elections and even Congressional elections. It could put a Republican back into the State House.

So in snakey fashion, the Democratic honchos in NY and in DC are moving with all the subtelty of a blunderbuss, to oust the "problem." As ineffectual as Gov. Patterson is, the reality is that he is not "the" real problem for the Democratics.

Their real problem is that they are more concerned with maintaining political power throughout the State than they are in acting in a united fashion to further the liberal Democrat agenda. As a consequence, I was a HUGE fan of the State Senate stalemate! I still wish I could put that stuff into a bottle and spray it into the Bourban and Branchwater over at Foggy Bottom The less they do, the happier I am.

I don't think that you see what I am saying.

I honestly think that this was a stupid thing for him to do. Obama needs to back off. If he does want Paterson out, do it behind closed doors, like our forefathers did.

I honestly think that this was a stupid thing for him to do. Obama needs to back off. If he does want Paterson out, do it behind closed doors, like our forefathers did.
thats exactly how it should have been handled
but, it wasnt

Since this was leaked anonymously, maybe that's what they were trying to do.

Paterson has a 24% approval rating in NY - among DEMOCRATS.

Is the OP claiming this is racist?

Wouldn't racist be if Obama stood by Paterson even though a much better candidate was in the running?

The OP isn't claiming anything son, just reporting a story.

Pay attention.

You're the one who put 'black' into the thread title, Ambrose.

jeezus, and STILL they wonder why conservatism is dead.

Is the OP claiming this is racist?

Wouldn't racist be if Obama stood by Paterson even though a much better candidate was in the running?

Pay attention.
well, you didnt really need to add "black" to the title
it wasnt in the original title

Based on what I've seen of this circus clown, yes, he DID need to add 'black' to the thread title.

Is patterson green?

Yeah, and if Obama was standing by him, with his 20% approval rating, against a much better candidate like Cuomo, you people would be calling Obama racist for sticking with Paterson ONLY because he's black.

The same old wingnut tune, Obama must be damned if he does or he doesn't.

Pay attention.

Based on what I've seen of this circus clown, yes, he DID need to add 'black' to the thread title.

Right because no one ever gave ANY attention to the fact that Obama was partly black. It didn't play ANY part in him being elected. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Right because no one ever gave ANY attention to the fact that Obama was partly black. It didn't play ANY part in him being elected. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Ah yes, the argument that being black HELPED Obama get elected. Based on what? The long history of being black being an advantage for presidential hopefuls?

lol

Forum List

Back