Obama asks black NY Governor not to run

You're the one who put 'black' into the thread title, Ambrose.
my name isn't ambrose, and again, what color is patterson, purple?

jeezus, and STILL they wonder why conservatism is dead.
What difference would it make to me, as I am not a 'conservative.'

Did you just throw that in, in the hopes that it was some kind of dig?

You're the one who put 'black' into the thread title, Ambrose.
my name isn't ambrose, and again, what color is patterson, purple?

jeezus, and STILL they wonder why conservatism is dead.
What difference would it make to me, as I am not a 'conservative.'

Did you just throw that in, in the hopes that it was some kind of dig?

And I'm not your son.

Now tell us WHY you put 'black' in the thread title.

Right because no one ever gave ANY attention to the fact that Obama was partly black. It didn't play ANY part in him being elected. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Ah yes, the argument that being black HELPED Obama get elected. Based on what? The long history of being black being an advantage for presidential hopefuls?

lol

NO. the fact that in the DEMOCRATIC primaries, he garnered nearly 90 percent of the African American vote. and then the fact that the media beat the "First african american President" thing to death.

Oh, right, I forgot about President Jesse Jackson.

A_Tempest_in_a_Teapot.jpg

I bet that Obama wants to fill the position with a black man or woman, but with someone who has the same vision as Obama.

I think it's more mundane than that.

Gov. Patterson is a bit of an assclown. A joke.

The NY State Senate recently made itself into a really poor national joke via its transparent inability to govern itself along normal institutional lines.

Thus, in NY, the Democrat Parody is looking hideous which is a real political problem for them when they have the State House and both house of the NY State Lagislature. I believe the concern by the Democratics is that they will shortly be divested of such power. Even if that's JUST in the Senate (returning NY back to its status quo ante), they will become a lot more susceptible to being picked-off politically. There is a concern amongst the State's Democrat politicos that it could impact on local elections and even Congressional elections. It could put a Republican back into the State House.

So in snakey fashion, the Democratic honchos in NY and in DC are moving with all the subtelty of a blunderbuss, to oust the "problem." As ineffectual as Gov. Patterson is, the reality is that he is not "the" real problem for the Democratics.

Their real problem is that they are more concerned with maintaining political power throughout the State than they are in acting in a united fashion to further the liberal Democrat agenda. As a consequence, I was a HUGE fan of the State Senate stalemate! I still wish I could put that stuff into a bottle and spray it into the Bourban and Branchwater over at Foggy Bottom The less they do, the happier I am.

I don't think that you see what I am saying.

You are correct. It was a vision thing. I just overlooked it. Sometimes, we can't see that which is right in front of us. Some of us never can.

Is patterson green?

He is the FIRST black man ever to be NY gov, suppose Patterson asked Obama to not run in 2012 if Obama was losing in the polls, would that be ok?

Suppose Paterson was white, and polling at 24% among Democrats, and was urged by the party, including the president, to step aside?

Does Obama owe Paterson some sort of special treatment because Paterson is black?

Is patterson green?

He is the FIRST black man ever to be NY gov, suppose Patterson asked Obama to not run in 2012 if Obama was losing in the polls, would that be ok?

I'm kind of curious as to why you thought it right to make this about race.

I think you know better.

and if it were a white governor, would you have written that obama was being racist?

Bottom line: Paterson sucks as governor. He should have stayed where he was comfortable...which is as Lt. Gov. (which basically means you get a better office up in Albany).

Paterson's problem is that he's out of work if he doesn't run for governor again....

He's a very nice guy... he just sucks in the role he was shoved into b/c Spitzer was a jerk.

He should have gotten out of the way gracefully and let Cuomo go where he's going to end up anyway..... without using the democratic war chest that can better be used against Giuliani/Lazio or whomever theyput up for the seat.

Last edited:
It's threads like this where Xenophon betrays his strong neocon bias.

He claims to be neither right-wing nor left-wing, but I ain't buyin what he's sellin.

No offense.

Maybe the OP and Micheal Steele are coordinating with each other on this meme...

Michael Steele said it was "curious" on why the White House would ask New York Gov. David Paterson (D) not to run for reelection in 2010.

"I found that to be stunning, that the White House would send word to one of only two black governors in the country not to run for reelection," Steele, the chairman of the Republican National Committee (RNC), said on CBS's Face The Nation.

The Washington Monthly

Getting thick out there.
Steele knows good and well what the reason is, Patterson is a loser. He's just playing it up. And good for him for doing so.

Forum List

Back