Obama asks black NY Governor not to run

Patterson is giving the same answer to Obama that Obama gave to those that asked him to bow out of a race some years ago.

Patterson certainly can win. He can have the other candidates removed from the ballot by election time. That's how Barack "won" his first election. Surely, he can get ACORN to help register enough dead people to elect Patterson.

The man won't even help a brutha!

Acorn can register a trillion dead people, but how many turn up to vote?

(Theme from Jeopardy here.)

Republicans are still trying to answer that question. Finally, some of them say, it doesn't matter who voted. The election was swung by those who registered. Which makes you wonder if they even know how an election works? We KNOW they don't know how a light bulb works.

interfering in the election is wrong
asking an indicted gov to resign is not interfering in an election

But the election is not going on currently. And that indicted Gov would of faced an election sooner or later.

Besides, he is still involving himself in state politics.

I want this fucking presidential term to be over. I've never been so sick of any group of people in my entire life. Not just those in the WH admin, but the idiots who continue to blindly support every idiotic thing they do.

These will be the ppl who help the gestapo come into your house at night if you don't toe the party line.

I want this fucking presidential term to be over. I've never been so sick of any group of people in my entire life. Not just those in the WH admin, but the idiots who continue to blindly support every idiotic thing they do.

These will be the ppl who help the gestapo come into your house at night if you don't toe the party line.
give it time
he's in for 4 years
the congress we get another chance at in 2010

he wasnt in an election, and he was indicted
has Paterson been indicted yet?

However, it's state politics either way. Either you think Obama was okay in doing this both times or that he was wrong.

If "interfering" in an election is wrong, what about endorsements? Isn't that interfering?

And, the election in question is a year away. Patterson should NOT run, Spitzer would beat him, if they both ran today. There's nothing odd about this situation, other than it being in the news. This sort of thing happens all the time, and has been going on forever.
The President is the defacto head of the Democratic Party while he's in office, and he certainly has the freedom of speech to recommend whatever he wants, just like Patterson has the right to ignore what Obama has said, and run (and LOSE).

However, it's state politics either way. Either you think Obama was okay in doing this both times or that he was wrong.

If "interfering" in an election is wrong, what about endorsements? Isn't that interfering?

And, the election in question is a year away. Patterson should NOT run, Spitzer would beat him, if they both ran today. There's nothing odd about this situation, other than it being in the news. This sort of thing happens all the time, and has been going on forever.
The President is the defacto head of the Democratic Party while he's in office, and he certainly has the freedom of speech to recommend whatever he wants, just like Patterson has the right to ignore what Obama has said, and run (and LOSE).
yes, he should do what he wants
and if NY Democrats dont like him, he'll LOSE

yes, he should do what he wants
and if NY Democrats dont like him, he'll LOSE

If he runs, he will lose. NY Democrats do not like him. But I would give him the same advice that Obama has given him: Don't run. It'll just be embarrassing.

My question is why did Xeno choose that thread title? Nowhere in the article that I could find did it say "Obama asks Black NY Governor not to run"

There was no absolutely no legitimate reason to interject race into the thread title.
Obama asked the NY governor not to run. The NY governor is black. Would you have prefered he said "Obama asks blind NY governor not to run"? The governor is blind as well.

Why not just "NY governor"?

i dont see it as a 10th amendment issue
but, is there a precident of a sitting POTUS telling another sitting GOvernor not to run?

or even as A15 is asking "advising" someone to not run?

If you don't think political ops at the West Wing haven't advised candidates for or against running in the past, you're naive beyond belief.

The President does wear two hats, you know. If he wants to dispense political advice via his political staff wearing his political party leader hat, that's up to him. Happens all the time. Look at the Bush disagreements over who should run for what and when, and that was all in the family. :lol:
It isn't especially classy to air the party's laundry in public, but looking at the wording and the source I agree with jillian 100% - the leak was not the White House's doing. If it were, the anonymous source would be described with some connection to the Administration. It's the Daily News after all. :rolleyes:
Or for all we know, it could have been a janitor listening at the door and running off to sell what he heard to the highest tabloid bidder. Wouldn't be the first time for that either.
Nothing new here.

Absolutely.

Although from what I gather, Cuomo and the State Dem party were worried about runing a white man to challenge him in the primaries.

And this move by the White House does a lot to address the concerns of Cuomo and others in the state party. It's going to be a lot harder for Paterson to claim his critics are racists when the most prominent African-American politician, well, ever, supports their move.

Now we see barry trying to dictate who should run for election in the states, NY in this case.

If only he was as anal about wasting money as he is about trying to control everything.

Obama administration asks Gov. Paterson not to seek reelection in 2010

Corsine is in trouble in New Jersey, my own governor Ritter in Colorado, will have some heat come next election. There are alot of democratic governors that probably won't be re-elected in 2010, so I don't know why they are going after this one in particular. Hmmmmmm?
yeah, how come Obama isnt "looking out for the party" in THOSE cases?

Subbing someone in for Corzine or Ritter doesn't really improve the outlook of the race for the Democrats. Replacing Patterson does.

then Obama shouldnt have to say anything, if his numbers are that low, he should LOSE the primary

If Cuomo jumps in, he'll cruise to victory. The problem is Cuomo is worried about the potential blowback.

Let's face it, the GOP wants controversy in NY and they want Patterson to run.

That is the sole purpose behind all this.

Let's face it, the GOP wants controversy in NY and they want Patterson to run.

That is the sole purpose behind all this.

Of course they do. The latest polling shows Giuliani beating Patterson by twenty, but losing to Cuomo by ten. If Giuliani doesn't jump in, Lazio is the likely nominee. The polls show him and Patterson in a dead-heat, but Cuomo crushing him (like, 40+).

Forum List

Back