Obama asks black NY Governor not to run

My question is why did Xeno choose that thread title? Nowhere in the article that I could find did it say "Obama asks Black NY Governor not to run"

There was no absolutely no legitimate reason to interject race into the thread title.

Micheal Steele was on TV this morning talking about it, too. The fact that Patterson is a black Gov. was emphasised and they even talked about how there have been so few black Govs. in U.S. history.

Naw, absolutely no race-card playing by the GOP....

Last edited:
Now we see barry trying to dictate who should run for election in the states, NY in this case.

If only he was as anal about wasting money as he is about trying to control everything.

Obama administration asks Gov. Paterson not to seek reelection in 2010

"The preference is that he not run. That message was conveyed directly."

Corsine is in trouble in New Jersey, my own governor Ritter in Colorado, will have some heat come next election. There are alot of democratic governors that probably won't be re-elected in 2010, so I don't know why they are going after this one in particular. Hmmmmmm?

Now we see barry trying to dictate who should run for election in the states, NY in this case.

If only he was as anal about wasting money as he is about trying to control everything.

Obama administration asks Gov. Paterson not to seek reelection in 2010

"The preference is that he not run. That message was conveyed directly."

Corsine is in trouble in New Jersey, my own governor Ritter in Colorado, will have some heat come next election. There are alot of democratic governors that probably won't be re-elected in 2010, so I don't know why they are going after this one in particular. Hmmmmmm?
yeah, how come Obama isnt "looking out for the party" in THOSE cases?

Patterson is giving the same answer to Obama that Obama gave to those that asked him to bow out of a race some years ago.

Patterson certainly can win. He can have the other candidates removed from the ballot by election time. That's how Barack "won" his first election. Surely, he can get ACORN to help register enough dead people to elect Patterson.

The man won't even help a brutha!

Paterson is playing the race card for starters.

And probably because Paterson's poll numbers are so low. They're Bush numbers really.

This is back in March:

http://www.newsday.com/news/region-state/paterson-poll-numbers-fall-at-staggering-rate-1.1216294

ALBANY - Only 29 percent of voters have a favorable opinion of Gov. David A. Paterson and two-thirds say they would back someone else in next year's elections, according to a poll released yesterday.

The Siena Research Institute poll found 58 percent of voters surveyed last week had an unfavorable view of Paterson. Thirteen percent expressed no opinion.

His job performance numbers were even worse: 19 percent rated him as good/excellent and 78 percent fair/poor.

If a Democratic gubernatorial primary were held today, Paterson would lose to state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, 17 percent to 67 percent. In a hypothetical general election, Paterson would fall to former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, 33-56.

It's only gotten worse since then.

Paterson is playing the race card for starters.

And probably because Paterson's poll numbers are so low. They're Bush numbers really.

This is back in March:

Paterson poll numbers fall at 'staggering' rate

ALBANY - Only 29 percent of voters have a favorable opinion of Gov. David A. Paterson and two-thirds say they would back someone else in next year's elections, according to a poll released yesterday.

The Siena Research Institute poll found 58 percent of voters surveyed last week had an unfavorable view of Paterson. Thirteen percent expressed no opinion.

His job performance numbers were even worse: 19 percent rated him as good/excellent and 78 percent fair/poor.

If a Democratic gubernatorial primary were held today, Paterson would lose to state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, 17 percent to 67 percent. In a hypothetical general election, Paterson would fall to former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, 33-56.

It's only gotten worse since then.
then Obama shouldnt have to say anything, if his numbers are that low, he should LOSE the primary

My question is why did Xeno choose that thread title? Nowhere in the article that I could find did it say "Obama asks Black NY Governor not to run"

There was no absolutely no legitimate reason to interject race into the thread title.

Micheal Steele was on TV this morning talking about it, too. The fact that Patterson is a black Gov. was emphasised and they even talked about how there have been so few black Govs. in U.S. history.

Naw, absolutely no race-card playing by the GOP....

According to the other big race thread around here that makes Michael Steele worse than a racist if he's calling something racist that isn't.

I was visiting my parents when he was appointed and he was going to be the best thing to happen etc ect and YES afro american was headliner along with blind

who on earth said that? most of us here in ny knew he wasn't equipped for the job. he was appointed because he was lt. governor..... so the process took over.

why do you idiots have to make this about race given it has zero to do with race.

except for the race baiters of course.

so i figure you're not exactly being honest anyway. *shrug*

Heres one example right from the start ....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhlNqjFYxWM]YouTube - The Fourth Black, first Blind new Gov. of NY-1/3[/ame]
King Pins - Gang Of 4 - God Fathers etc ect ...

many more.

then Obama shouldnt have to say anything, if his numbers are that low, he should LOSE the primary

Obama was hoping it wouldn't get that far. It would be similar to what Hillary was doing when it was clear Obama was going to win. It will do nothing but hurt Paterson and distract Cuomo.

President Obama also got attacked by the right for expressing his view that Blagojevich should resign.

It's pretty much 'cry wolf' at anything the president does, as far as the right is concerned.

President Obama also got attacked by the right for expressing his view that Blagojevich should resign.

It's pretty much 'cry wolf' at anything the president does, as far as the right is concerned.
BULLSHIT

i also thought blago should have resigned, but he didnt

but that situation is VASTLY different

BULLSHIT

Your old friends from somewhere else had a great deal of ridicule for Obama for saying Blago should resign.

And Harry Reid got accused of being a racist for being reluctant to seat Burris.

BULLSHIT

Your old friends from somewhere else had a great deal of ridicule for Obama for saying Blago should resign.

And Harry Reid got accused of being a racist for being reluctant to seat Burris.
and i am supposed to care what someone said on that old board?

]So the fuck what? BHO asked a governor not to run. That is none of BHO's fucking business. Not only is it none of BHO's business, it's a big mistake on BHO's part as he shows his disregard for the Constitution.

They're both Democrats, there is a election in which him running can hurt the Democrats. So one Democrat to another gives ADVICE. I personally don't think Obama should get involved. However, it's politics, so of course he is going to inject his opinion at the very least.

Which part of the Constitution is Obama breaking? Do show me. Because I would love to see what he is breaking. Far as I know, you're pretty much saying he has no right to a freedom of speech. Because as he is outside of NY, he is just another citizen with a voice. And he is using that voice. However, he also happens to be the POTUS.
why not have the democrats in the state of NY decide that
and run someone against him in the primary?
Hmmmmmmm?

Already happening. Andrew Cuomo will be the next governor of NY.

he wasnt in an election, and he was indicted
has Paterson been indicted yet?

However, it's state politics either way. Either you think Obama was okay in doing this both times or that he was wrong.

Forum List

Back