Obama Apologizes To World Over Ferguson Shooting

I have a lot of communication with Europeans, and Barry was probably right to mention this episode. People outside the U.S. who have never spent a lot of time here perceive it as a boiling cauldron of racism and lawlessness, and the international coverage of Ferguson reinforced this view. Thus the President could not completely ignore it under the circumstances.

Obama controls the media, so if they have that belief I figure it's his fault.

Obama controls the media,

rofl_logo.jpg
@Derideo_Te

Here are a couple of tidbits about the Obama connection to the media.

Notice none of them use their married names. Did you know these
connections?

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice,
National
Security Adviser.
CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama’s
Deputy
National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.
ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to Whitehouse
Press
Secretary Jay Carney
|ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie
Hogan,
Obama’s Deputy Press Secretary
ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama’s Special
Adviser
Elizabeth Sherwood
CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary
Clinton’s
Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.
And now you know why it is no surprise that the media is in Obama's
pocket!

@Hossfly, how many connections like that existed in prior administrations?

With all due respect without comparative information that is simply disinformation. It implies a "conspiracy" because there is only one side of the picture presented.

Do you doubt that there weren't similar connections to be found in earlier administrations?

Washington DC is a very incestuous place and it operates on who knows who. This would only be of value of there were no corresponding connections on the other side of the aisle.

It stretches credulity to believe that the GOP is squeaky clean when it comes to having no connections between the media and political appointees.
I see. Then the connections have no effect. Good to know and it eases my feeble mind.

The connections do not equate to "control over the media". Influence probably, in fact we saw that in graphic detail when the prior administration was sending talking points of the day directly to FoxNews. Today they might be a bit more subtle. "Leaking" I believe is the technical term for it and yes, it has been around forever but it is not by any stretch "control".

Nixon would have dearly loved to have that much "control" over the media. :D Reagan was actually better at it because he understood the power of ratings and how to act presidential. In that respect he was probably the closest we have ever come to the Executive branch exercising "control" over the media.

Forum List

Back