Obama Apologizes To World Over Ferguson Shooting

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
It appears that Obama has this strange habit of being apologetic to the world even when radical Islamic fundamentalists are murdering thousands in Iraq and thousands are being killed in Ukraine. Somehow, he felt there was some comparison with a shooting in Ferguson MI.

"I realize that America’s critics will be quick to point out that at times we too have failed to live up to our ideals; that America has plenty of problems within our own borders. This is true. In a summer marked by instability in the Middle East and Eastern Europe, I know the world also took notice of the small American city of Ferguson, Missouri – where a young man was killed, and a community was divided. So yes, we have our own racial and ethnic tensions. And like every country, we continually wrestle with how to reconcile the vast changes wrought by globalization and greater diversity with the traditions that we hold dear.

But we welcome the scrutiny of the world – because what you see in America is a country that has steadily worked to address our problems and make our union more perfect. America is not the same as it was 100 years ago, 50 years ago, or even a decade ago. Because we fight for our ideals, and are willing to criticize ourselves when we fall short. Because we hold our leaders accountable, and insist on a free press and independent judiciary. Because we address our differences in the open space of democracy – with respect for the rule of law; with a place for people of every race and religion; and with an unyielding belief in the ability of individual men and women to change their communities and countries for the better."

Obama rebukes Russia demands action against ISIS invokes Ferguson in UN speech Hot Air

I see no apology for Ferguson.

I see a man saying "we're not perfect, but we're the best."

I see no apology for Ferguson.

I see a man saying "we're not perfect, but we're the best."
According to you, everything he does is perfect.

Even when he's apologizing you can't recognize it.

"I realize that America’s critics will be quick to point out that at times we too have failed to live up to our ideals; that America has plenty of problems within our own borders. This is true."

I've never lived under a President who actually hated US and our country

No, that's a projection. Irrelevant.

"according to you, everything he does is satanic" could have been an equally dumb response to your neener neener thread here.

Perspective matters. He said we had racial tensions in ferguson.

Which we did.

Brown was rightly shot (imo), and everyone wanted race riots.

He went on to say "but we address our problems and hold our own feet to the fire, how about YOU?" (PARAPHRASED)

Only a partisan jackass could find fault in that commentary.

"according to you, everything he does is satanic" could have been an equally dumb response to your neener neener thread here.

Which we did.

He went on to say "but we address our problems and hold our own feet to the fire, how about YOU?" (PARAPHRASED)

Only a partisan like yourself see's a lack of perspective in this.
I guess it's why you love him so much. He goes through these tremendous mental gymnastics to compare a shooting in Ferguson to ethnic cleansing in the ME. It's a total lack of perspective. He is really out of touch with reality, and you love him for it.

However, for anyone else it's just stupid pandering.

As the author stated in my OP article:

Well, okay, but this is more than a bit tone deaf when it comes to scale. Ferguson involves a potential abuse-of-power incident in an area where the relationship between police and the citizens they serve has been problematic. ISIS is committing ethnic cleansing and genocide in a vacuum of legitimate authority, and the Islamists in other areas are contemplating or taking the same actions (such as Boko Haram in Nigeria). The rule of law as an antidote makes the comparison ridiculous, and totally inapt. It’s almost as if Obama went looking for any example of American strife he could find to produce a rhetorical balance where it clearly does not exist.

Otherwise, the speech was tougher than one might have expected, and certainly more challenging than most of Obama’s missives abroad. The General Assembly is not likely to be moved by it, but that reflects on the GA rather than the speech.

Which we did.

Bravo! :clap: :clap: Hear, hear!

Which we did.

I guess it's why you love him so much. He goes through these tremendous mental gymnastics to compare a shooting in Ferguson to ethnic cleansing in the ME. It's a total lack of perspective. He is really out of touch with reality, and you love him for it.

Well, okay, but this is more than a bit tone deaf when it comes to scale. Ferguson involves a potential abuse-of-power incident in an area where the relationship between police and the citizens they serve has been problematic. ISIS is committing ethnic cleansing and genocide in a vacuum of legitimate authority, and the Islamists in other areas are contemplating or taking the same actions (such as Boko Haram in Nigeria). The rule of law as an antidote makes the comparison ridiculous, and totally inapt. It’s almost as if Obama went looking for any example of American strife he could find to produce a rhetorical balance where it clearly does not exist.

Otherwise, the speech was tougher than one might have expected, and certainly more challenging than most of Obama’s missives abroad. The General Assembly is not likely to be moved by it, but that reflects on the GA rather than the speech.

I guess you're just an idiot.

He wasn't comparing it to ethnic cleansing.

He was heading an argument off at the pass to maintain the soapbox position. Dumbfuck.

Here's how that works.

-im going to tell people why what theyre doing is wrong
-i presume theyll then say "but but but but you do x, y, and z which are wrong all the time."
-before they even get the chance, I will advise them that we work on and admit our issues, and out in the open for the public to see.
-the "but but but" position is then neutralized, and soap-box maintained.

"Perspective" is not seeing everything through a zombie-like mind disease "i hate obama i hate obama the left the left the left grrrrrr."

That's having perspective.

Which we did.

I guess you're just an idiot.

He wasn't comparing it to ethnic cleansing.

He was heading an argument off at the pass to maintain the soapbox position. Dumbfuck.

Here's how that works.

-im going to tell people why what theyre doing is wrong
-i presume theyll then say "but but but but you do x, y, and z which are wrong all the time."
-before they even get the chance, I will advise them that we work on and admit our issues, and out in the open for the public to see.
-the "but but but" position is then neutralized, and soap-box maintained.

"Perspective" is not seeing everything through a zombie-like mind disease "i hate obama i hate obama the left the left the left grrrrrr."

That's having perspective.
Wrong

Verb

put something into perspective

(idiomatic) To compare with something similar to give a clearer, more accurate idea.

You can put your worries into perspective when you realise how many people in the world are so much worse off than you.

Unfortunately Obama used an irrational example.

He attempted to show commonality when his example of America's problems has no similarities at all.

Only a racist mind can relate a white cop killing a black suspect with ethnic cleansing.

Last edited:
The shooting in Ferguson isn't settled. There is more evidence that Mike Brown was an oversized thug who had just stolen cigars and tried to beat up a cop, than an innocent "child" out for a stroll.

obama's speech was described as "breathtaking" but not for his sharpness of wit, nor his incisive perception of world affairs.

President Obama on Wednesday delivered a speech at the United Nations filled with his usual soaring rhetoric of global collectivism and the importance of “international norms.” But the president also displayed a shocking naivete about global affairs, religion, Islam — a Pollyannaish interpretation on the state of the world and America’s role in it.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/24/curl-obamas-breathtaking-naivete-at-the-united-nat/#ixzz3EKY2QVVK
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Obama Apologizes To World Over Ferguson Shooting

Oh look. The OP lied about the president and the America-hating Pootarians agreed with him.

I'm shocked I tell you, just shocked.

I have a lot of communication with Europeans, and Barry was probably right to mention this episode. People outside the U.S. who have never spent a lot of time here perceive it as a boiling cauldron of racism and lawlessness, and the international coverage of Ferguson reinforced this view. Thus the President could not completely ignore it under the circumstances.

Forum List

Back