NY AG says she may seize Trump's buildings if he can't pay his $354M civil fraud fine

Nobody said otherwise.

Pay attention:

Nobody has to lift a finger to sift through your Trump U gish gallop.

You might as well be a 3rd grader at a science fair claiming he can prove a flat earth.

See?
/——-/ And, you might as well be a gender studies graduate from a liberal arts college claiming you can prove men can get pregnant.

/——-/ And, you might as well be a gender studies graduate from a liberal arts college claiming you can prove men can get pregnant.
Oops, wrong. Try to follow simple analogies:

I am deferring to the judge and the courts and the code of law.

You Trump U graduates are deferring to hopes and dreams and AM radio talking points.

Take some time. Let it sink in.

Oh my! Can't move the buildings, can't hide them. Take away the visible fruits of his crime...sounds like justice, to me~

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.
Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.
Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.
Naturally, Trump tried to do exactly what the court told him not to do and which he also promised the court he would not do.

• Trump has promised not to sneak assets out of NY as he appeals his massive civil fraud judgment.
  • But officials say he recently tried to change the addresses for major assets from NY to Florida.
Donald Trump tried — but failed — to switch the addresses of key assets from Trump Tower in New York to Florida, officials with the state attorney general's office said in their latest civil fraud case filing.

65f09cc990413ab8e1dbe0ab

Oops, wrong. Try to follow simple analogies:

I am deferring to the judge and the courts and the code of law.

You Trump U graduates are deferring to hopes and dreams and AM radio talking points.

Take some time. Let it sink in.
/----/ You Gender Studies graduates are deferring to hopes and dreams and Communist Manifesto talking points.

/----/ You Gender Studies graduates are deferring to hopes and dreams and Communist Manifesto talking points.

As if you know what those words mean.

Did you see that the orange slob is continuing to engage in financial misconduct? Posted above.

You know, $354MM is just where it stands now. They will pile on more fines, if he continues in his misconduct.

Thanks for sharing your wet dreams.
Uh, no. I shared the court filing detailing how Trump tried and failed to move his companies out of New York lats month, contrary both to court orders and promises made to the court by Trump.

But you didn't read it, just like you didn't read the article you just linked. You are a very low information person.

Even the detailed indictments of Trump are only 40 to 60 pages long.

This filing is a 132 page filing detailing ongoing misconduct by Trump.

I don't think the cult understands what is happening, here.
How many of Trump's buildings been seized? Got a count for us?

Even the detailed indictments of Trump are only 40 to 60 pages long.

I don't think the cult understands what is happening, here.
/——/ We understand. It’s the democRATs gearing up for the 2024 election by eliminating any opposition.

No it's not. It's a 42 page memorandum opposing a stay. It is a recitation of the "trial", the way the penalty was calculated, and the NY law.

Apparently you haven't read it.

There are 80 pages of exhibits from the trial, most of that is a power point presentation.

There is one paragraph that mischaracterizes the mailing addresses, that is from a pre-judgement email to the judge on 2/21 and it's stupid to construe that as an attempt to move assets out of NY.

Changing a mailing address is not changing a business entity registration, and the email was just a correction to details in the proposed judgement.

The judge replied in his typically snotty tone that the record shows the addresses as Trump tower and that's what he was going to use...

No it's not. It's a 42 page memorandum opposing a stay. I
"Defendants attempted that relocation even as they claim to this Court that those assets 'cannot be summarily disposed of or secreted out of the jurisdiction,'" the attorney general's lawyers wrote, quoting Trump's own past assurances in their new filing, which totals 132 pages."

Would you like to start over?

And may I suggest you try something new?: Read the material before commenting.

Oh my! Can't move the buildings, can't hide them. Take away the visible fruits of his crime...sounds like justice, to me~

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.
Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.
Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.

Start with Trump Tower and Bedminister. Sell the tower and give the proceeds to E. Jean Carroll. Then at Bedminister there should be a disinterment of Ivan Trump's grave. P01135809 is sure as shit hiding something.

"Defendants attempted that relocation even as they claim to this Court that those assets 'cannot be summarily disposed of or secreted out of the jurisdiction,'" the attorney general's lawyers wrote, quoting Trump's own past assurances in their new filing, which totals 132 pages."
The AG's mischaracterization means nothing. A request to correct the mailing address before the judgement was even finalized is not an "ongoing attempt to secrete assets" or whatever other silly thing you think.

As I said, the memo is 42 pages. The rest is all just exhibits from the "trial".

Read it yourself dummy. The memo- not some idiot journo's interpretation...

James isn't dealing with Engoron anymore. She's dealing with the First Department, who may be less inclined to rubber-stamp all her BS allegations...

Attachments

• nyag-v-trump-ny-opposition-to-judgment-stay-20240312.pdf
    13.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The AG's mischaracterization means nothing.
Irrelevant babble. You don't even know what is in the filing.

But it is indeed a fact that Trump tried and failed to move companies out of New York, contradicting a court order and his promises made in an agreement with the court.

It is also a fact that this constitutes continuing misconduct for which he may be further punished by the court.

Sorry, but there is no room or space for you to wedge in any lies or equivocation, there.

Irrelevant babble. You don't even know what is in the filing.

But it is indeed a fact that Trump tried and failed to move companies out of New York, contradicting a court order and his promises made in an agreement with the court.

It is also a fact that this constitutes continuing misconduct for which he may be further punished by the court.

Sorry, but there is no room or space for you to wedge in any lies or equivocation, there.
You are so full of shit. Did you read it yet?

I read the whole thing, twice, and I looked up the exhibits that are referenced but not included. I know what is there and what is not there dummy.

You called it:
"This filing is a 132 page filing detailing ongoing misconduct by Trump."

BULLSHIT.

The email about the addresses was sent BEFORE the final judgement was entered, it was a request for corrections. There was also a date error relating to when interest began accruing on the CFO's fine.

There is absolutely nothing in evidence that suggests that Trump tried to change any business registry with the Secretary of State's office, or register the LLC in another State, which is what you have to do to move the business entity.

Get a grip.

Forum List

Back