NY AG says she may seize Trump's buildings if he can't pay his $354M civil fraud fine

As of 2021, the building's official owner is GMAC Commercial Mortgage, according to the New York City Department of City Planning.
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki
Trump Tower - Wikipedia
The Forbes article citing trump refinancing the mortgate was a March 2022 article, newer than the 2021 article. Forbes is usually correct. Let me know when the Trump Tower signs come down.

The Forbes article citing trump refinancing the mortgate was a March 2022 article, newer than the 2021 article. Forbes is usually correct. Let me know when the Trump Tower signs come down.

Thanks. Do you have a link?

Remarkable document”: Smith rips Trump’s “deception” — and warns Truth Social posts are “evidence”
Smith warned that Trump’s social media posts could “provide additional evidence” against him in documents case

Oh my! Can't move the buildings, can't hide them. Take away the visible fruits of his crime...sounds like justice, to me~

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.
Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.
Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.

Trump Tower
The Trump Organization owns the retail and commercial portions of the building and Trump owns a triplex apartment here. The Trump Organization owns the retail and commercial portion of the 58-story Trump Tower, where Trump infamously descended on an escalator before his run for the White House.Feb 23, 2024

Thanks. Do you have a link?

Remarkable document”: Smith rips Trump’s “deception” — and warns Truth Social posts are “evidence”
Smith warned that Trump’s social media posts could “provide additional evidence” against him in documents case

They could fit a lot of immigrants in Trump Tower.

1709928421331.jpeg

You still are too lazy to read it for yourself.

Tell us again how there are no victims, thus no crime.

So we can all laugh.
/——/ No victims, no one lost money, no one was defrauded, banks made money, but you don’t care. Laugh all you want, but you know the fact this is election interference.

No victims,
Listed earlier.

no one lost money
False. $168MM in interest to banks alone, per the testimony at trial.

no one was defrauded
The people of the State of New York were defrauded. Frauds affect everyone.

He defrauded the banks to acquire his loan terms. He defrauded the insurance companies to get lower premiums. These things are felonies. And boy did he commit lots of them.

Election interference was when Trump declared early, when he found out indictments were imminent.

Listed earlier.

False. $168MM in interest to banks alone, per the testimony at trial.

The people of the State of New York were defrauded. Frauds affect everyone.

He defrauded the banks to acquire his loan terms. He defrauded the insurance companies to get lower premiums. These things are felonies. And boy did he commit lots of them.

Election interference was when Trump declared early, when he found out indictments were imminent.
/—/ What banks and insurance companies claimed they were defrauded? They did their own due diligence.
If your house is worth $200k and you want a $400k loan, do you think the bank will take your word that your house is worth $500k?
I think you really know how things work but like playing the Orange Man Bad card.
Get a life.

In November 2021, Forbes valued Trump Tower at $285 million. Trump had an estimated $1.3 billion in debt across all his properties as of October 2021, based on Forbes reporting.

Again- If the banks were defrauded, why is NY keeping the money?
Because these are civil fines owed to the State for liability for felonies.

PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, BY LETITIA JAMES, ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK,
V
Plaintiff

They could still prosecute a criminal case, too.

The banks might very well sue. Same for the insurance companies. But I think they are bit puckered right now. I bet there are some people out there going back in time to dot some Is and cross some Ts.

In November 2021, Forbes valued Trump Tower at $285 million. Trump had an estimated $1.3 billion in debt across all his properties as of October 2021, based on Forbes reporting.
Trump is said to be cash poor, but property rich. What you say indicates that his debts are greater than his assets, and that he is not a billionaire at all. I would not be surprised if he owes money on his jet.

Because these are civil fines owed to the State for liability for felonies.

PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, BY LETITIA JAMES, ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK,
V
Plaintiff

They could still prosecute a criminal case, too.

The banks might very well sue. Same for the insurance companies. But I think they are bit puckered right now. I bet there are some people out there going back in time to dot some Is and cross some Ts.
Oh, it's a fine!

So the 8th amendment does apply after all, since it's not equitable relief.

What felonies are these fines for? I missed that trial. Can you direct me to the charging documents?

Forum List

Back