NY AG says she may seize Trump's buildings if he can't pay his $354M civil fraud fine

"This filing is a 132 page filing detailing ongoing misconduct by Trump."
Because it is.

One example highlighted and documented is his attempt to move his companies, in violation of the court.

I think I will leave you to your tantrum. Whenever you make up something stupid and wrong, you always think you can talk your way out of it with long posts full of tantrums and more falsehoods.

Because it is.

One example highlighted and documented is his attempt to move his companies, in violation of the court.
One sentence in a 42 page memo, that is not what you claim, lol.
I think I will leave you to your tantrum. Whenever you make up something stupid and wrong, you always think you can talk your way out of it with long posts full of tantrums.
I accept your surrender. You never have been able to support your bonehead arguments...

"The filing asks a Manhattan appellate court to order Trump to post an appeal bond for the entirety of what he owes New York in fraud penalties."

And they will win this argument.

Irrelevant babble. You don't even know what is in the filing.

But it is indeed a fact that Trump tried and failed to move companies out of New York, contradicting a court order and his promises made in an agreement with the court.

It is also a fact that this constitutes continuing misconduct for which he may be further punished by the court.

Sorry, but there is no room or space for you to wedge in any lies or equivocation, there.
Go right ahead and argue. The person you are talking to will tear you a new asshole for the old asshole you are. From what I have read he knows his shit as opposed to you being shit. I feel better, how about you?

Oh my! Can't move the buildings, can't hide them. Take away the visible fruits of his crime...sounds like justice, to me~

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.
"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.
Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.
The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.
Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.
So the AG is not only admitting to being a fraud but is openly exposing herself as a thief. Is anyone surprised?

"The filing asks a Manhattan appellate court to order Trump to post an appeal bond for the entirety of what he owes New York in fraud penalties."

And they will win this argument.
They may win that one, the precedent and statute is on their side. But the appellate court has discretion, and it will depend on what the First Dept thinks of the "due process" they gave Trump in Engoron's court.

The other one is BS. A request to change a mailing address is nothing remotely like moving a business entity.

There are about 6 months of motions and responses before the appeal can even be heard. The slam-bam, get-a-judgement process that they put Trump through is finished. No more denying hearings, no more summary judgements. Due process starts now...

Last edited:
Seize his property.
a9qlgj5k54pc1.jpeg

They may win that one, the precedent and statute is on their side. But the appellate court has discretion, and it will depend on what the First Dept thinks of the "due process" they gave Trump in Engoron's court.

The other one is BS. A request to change a mailing address is nothing remotely like moving a business entity.

There are about 6 months of motions and responses before the appeal can even be heard. The slam-bam, get-a-judgement process that they put Trump through is finished. No more denying hearings, no more summary judgements. Due process starts now...

He has to pay the bond before he can appeal. He can't. All the surety companies require collateral and Trump has none.

Forum List

Back