Nuts!

GoneBezerk

Rookie
May 14, 2011
Obamination floated the idea of cutting our nuclear arsenal by 80% to the Pentagon.

The response back to the White House from the Pentagon...."Nuts!"

Obamination floated the idea of cutting our nuclear arsenal by 80% to the Pentagon.

You got a link?

Another question: What does one do with a used 'nuclear arsenal?'

• Banned
Uh, the word is leaking out that Obamination floated the idea which would be a surrender order if followed by the Pentagon.

I'm sure Gen Kehler kindly said...."This would endanger our nation if executed." Under his breath he said "Nuts."

If we knew the price tag on this hideously expensive weapons system we will never use I think most of us wouldn't mind cutting them down in number.

• Banned
"Used nuclear arsenal?"

We want to have reserves if a war breaks out or enough to make other side think twice about pulling a fast one on us.

If they have 10 bombs and you lower your numbers to 2 bombs, they might get the crazy idea of taking out your 2 bombs with say 5-6 of their bombs...then they own you. :eusa_whistle:

You got a link?

If we knew the price tag on this hideously expensive weapons system we will never use I think most of us wouldn't mind cutting them down in number.

Yeah, that'd give us more money to dump into our 'friends' solar companies...

Some are outdated, some redundant. I doubt those opposed to cuts understand how many we have.

Dumbass....the ICBM force is pretty cost efficient. The weapons last for decades and require minimum maintenance compared to tanks, ships and airplanes.

They are the biggest bang for the buck and have kept your sorry ass protected ever since you started sucking O2.

"Used nuclear arsenal?"

We want to have reserves if a war breaks out or enough to make other side think twice about pulling a fast one on us.

If they have 10 bombs and you lower your numbers to 2 bombs, they might get the crazy idea of taking out your 2 bombs with say 5-6 of their bombs...then they own you. :eusa_whistle:

You got a link?

We have thousands of active nuclear weapons, not "10".

Uh, the word is leaking out that Obamination floated the idea which would be a surrender order if followed by the Pentagon.

I'm sure Gen Kehler kindly said...."This would endanger our nation if executed." Under his breath he said "Nuts."
A dew facts which belie the rightwing claims:
The Pentagon's press secretary, George Little, declined to comment on specific force level options because they are classified. He said Obama had asked the Pentagon to develop several "alternative approaches" to nuclear deterrence.
The U.S. could make further weapons reductions on its own but is seen as more likely to propose a new round of arms negotiations with Russia, in which cuts in deployed weapons would be one element in a possible new treaty between the former Cold War adversaries.
Stephen Young, senior analyst at the Union of Concerned Scientists, which favors nuclear arms reductions, said Tuesday, "The administration is absolutely correct to look at deep cuts like this. The United States does not rely on nuclear weapons as a central part of our security."

"Used nuclear arsenal?"

You got a link?

You did not answer my question.

It was an analogy, idiot.

If we cut our arsenal by 80% and Russia doesn't then they will probably have a 10 to 2 advantage on us.

You don't want a lopsided relationship like that with weapons. It would be like the local police getting rid of 80% of their guns and bullets then expecting the criminals to not misbehave. If they know your police don't have guns, they will break the law and possibly attack the police. :cuckoo:

"Used nuclear arsenal?"

You got a link?

Link....wait until tomorrow morning's news.

I'm a day or so ahead of you on things in life.

"Used nuclear arsenal?"

You got a link?

You did not answer my question.

It was an analogy, idiot.

If we cut our arsenal by 80% and Russia doesn't then they will probably have a 10 to 2 advantage on us.

You don't want a lopsided relationship like that with weapons. It would be like the local police getting rid of 80% of their guns and bullets then expecting the criminals to not misbehave. If they know your police don't have guns, they will break the law and possibly attack the police. :cuckoo:

"Used nuclear arsenal?"

I asked you a straight forward question. You did not answer the question.

Idiot, china isn't part of START.

China doesn't mind if Obamination lowers our nukes with "promises" from Russia doing the same or slightly less like they typically do.:eusa_whistle:

A dew facts which belie the rightwing claims:
The Pentagon's press secretary, George Little, declined to comment on specific force level options because they are classified. He said Obama had asked the Pentagon to develop several "alternative approaches" to nuclear deterrence.
The U.S. could make further weapons reductions on its own but is seen as more likely to propose a new round of arms negotiations with Russia, in which cuts in deployed weapons would be one element in a possible new treaty between the former Cold War adversaries.
Stephen Young, senior analyst at the Union of Concerned Scientists, which favors nuclear arms reductions, said Tuesday, "The administration is absolutely correct to look at deep cuts like this. The United States does not rely on nuclear weapons as a central part of our security."

Forum List

Back